Donkey Darren & His Merry Band of Bottlejobs

Guest Derby owl
5 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Lets be honest...We start off worrying about Wimbledon...We take the lead and STILL worry about Wimbledon...We go 2 up...but STILL worry about Wimbledon...Its bloody abject.

Its Alan Irvine mark 11....Isn't it?

Worry yourselves sick all week about opposition players, don't take into account our players or squad....Even 2-0 up...Its lets be really careful...Bloody ridiculous and no way to get out of a league

I think a few on here have already said it! DM picks the wrong team every week, plays players in wrong position, brings on subs that actually make us worse, and thats without being tactically inept!

So what is he good at ?

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

What is so staggering is that it's a "new" team and yet the same old issues remain. 

That result yesterday was the most Wednesday of results.

How can we not get over these issues?

Our glaring weakness is our midfield, has been for years. Yet we somehow never manage to sort it. We are soft in midfield. Let's be honest Bannan Wing and Byers are hardly going to put up much of a fight when we need to dig in. 

My preferred midfield pairing would be Dele and Aderanin, at least then we would have some power and strength in there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Our glaring weakness is our midfield, has been for years. Yet we somehow never manage to sort it. We are soft in midfield. Let's be honest Bannan Wing and Byers are hardly going to put up much of a fight when we need to dig in. 

My preferred midfield pairing would be Dele and Aderanin, at least then we would have some power and strength in there. 

Bannan and Wing were everywhere yesterday, they ran more than the rest of the team pit together.

Wing was playing DM, whilst also providing the forward runs all the eay to the end. He was shattered by the end. But we had nobody to reliably replace him. 

It looked like we were sitting back, because most forward runs were by Wing and FDB, who was off. Once FDB came off and Wing was tired, we had no outlet, so we were pinned in our own half with their defence sat on the half way line pinging it back to our area.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Derby owl said:

I think a few on here have already said it! DM picks the wrong team every week, plays players in wrong position, brings on subs that actually make us worse, and thats without being tactically inept!

So what is he good at ?

might make a cracking cup of tea, and some scones too

• Haha 1

It’s not a new team, it’s some new players added to ones who have been here and folded before? Wildsmith palmer iorfa dunkley Bannan ? We have been conceding regularly in the last 5 mins since monks tenure ? It’s gota be a mentally thing god knows how we sort it getting rid of moore might help but they’d not guaranteed is it? Although he doesn’t at the moment seem to know how to grind the results out and considering he was a big cb who took no nonsense when he was playing you think he would know wot it takes 

• Like 2

On 16/10/2021 at 16:57, Crofty_11 said:

Chansiri needs to show some bottle for once & go & get Ryan Lowe on Monday morning before it’s too late.

Its already too late, Plymouth are top of the league and looking good.

Plus he gets to live in Devon, not south yorkshire

My in Gods name would he leave??

19 hours ago, Derby owl said:

So what is he good at ?

He knows the league

• Haha 2