Youngster goes on loan

11 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Four leagues below even the division we are in. How have we not managed to find him a club higher than that?

Think about how many clubs in the Prem, Champ and League One are trying to get their young lads out on loan to a decent level. 

Incredibly competitive - so it’s not easy. Unless they’re a real prospect or exceptional talent. 

• Like 2

Can't see many benefits for player's development loaning him to play at that level. He is likely to play harder opposition for our U-23's and it is questionable how much he can learn under coaches at that level. 

After performing so well last season against then Premiership Fulham, I thought that there would be more interest from league/conference sides. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, malek said:

Can't see many benefits for player's development loaning him to play at that level. He is likely to play harder opposition for our U-23's .

I seen 23s games and a lot of NPL and can assure you he'll play far harder opposition in the latter.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, torryowl said:

I seen 23s games and a lot of NPL and can assure you he'll play far harder opposition in the latter.

Spot on. Physically at least, this is a step up for Waldock. He has quality but pre season must have showed he needs to find more. Same with Hunt.

Count on 1 or 2 more of our U23’s going out on loan in the coming days. They need to be competing against men and not boys.

Edited by Youth Hawker

On 08/09/2021 at 12:40, Rogers said:

For every Luke Vardy, there must be a 1000 players who fall down the leagues. 

At our level, if you’re good enough, then you should be in or around the first team squad at 17, 18, 19. 

On 08/09/2021 at 12:47, OxonOwl said:

Whatever happened to Luke Vardy?

Do you mean Luke Hardy?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adem Poric said:

Do you mean Luke Hardy?

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Jamie Vardy.  My brain is getting older and automatically pulls / muddles names. I blame the kids for not allowing me a decent nights sleep. 

Definite love child of Jamie Vardy and Luke Varney going on here - imagine the pace 

• Like 1