Premier League 21/22

53 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

This is reminiscent of the the pigs’s second season. Found out and getting stuffed every week. 

Finish 9th then relegated. I love a bit of symettry with horrible clubs. Still playing the mighty Quo to my scum supporting mate. Down, down, deeper and down, on a weekly basis.

The only PL match today, so the eyes of the rest of the league will have been watching. Marvellous. 

5 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Their fans singing ‘where were you when you were 💩’ against city last week was beautifully ironic.

Oh, I know.

Think it was a Wednesday fan who tweeted pics of Elland Road crowds when they played us in around 2014. Empty seats everywhere.

A load of them have come out of the woodwork and pretending that they didn't vanish for the previous ten years.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Oh, I know.

Think it was a Wednesday fan who tweeted pics of Elland Road crowds when they played us in around 2014. Empty seats everywhere.

A load of them have come out of the woodwork and pretending that they didn't vanish for the previous ten years.

They claim it was as protest against the owners… that conveniently lasted until they were challenging for promotion🤔

2 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

They claim it was as protest against the owners… that conveniently lasted until they were challenging for promotion🤔

Yes, remarkable isn't it.

I lived in Leeds between 2013 and 2015. Was amazing how so few of the Leeds fans I knew attended games at the time.

You'd notice it in the pubs too. Rhinos would be on and the pub was packed. Leeds United on and you'd have barely 5 people watching.

• Like 1

Can well remember when they were getting 18,000 for midweek games. 

Not saying they are unique in a load of fans coming out the woodwork, it would be exactly the same at S6. But they definitely like to present themselves as the loyalist of the loyal when truth is half the people in the ground today probably didn’t give a throw when they were lower half championship.

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

Oh, and some of their fans have been accused of racist abuse too. 

Such a lovely club. 

Obviously it’s possible at every club, but I just find most male Leeds fans between 14-50 think they’re hooligans. Not equating hooliganism with racism necessarily, although they’re hardly mutually exclusive 

Arsenal slowly coming together too. 

Still a way of the likes of City and Liverpool, but they seem to be slowly turning the corner. 

Young side with scope to grow and improve. They should only get better. 

Perhaps we are finally starting to see why Arteta got the job in the first place. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Can well remember when they were getting 18,000 for midweek games. 

Not saying they are unique in a load of fans coming out the woodwork, it would be exactly the same at S6. But they definitely like to present themselves as the loyalist of the loyal when truth is half the people in the ground today probably didn’t give a throw when they were lower half championship.

We can’t say anything about attendances. Ours are pathetic

Just now, markg said:

We can’t say anything about attendances. Ours are pathetic

You must be fishing now, surely? 

Our attendances are pathetic? 

We get over 20,000 in League One every other week, having endured 20 years of utter sh*te. 

By what sort of metric are we pathetic? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Get the sense someone is a closet Leeds supporter? 

Our attendances are pathetic and we can't be critical of some of their supporters racially abusing Arsenal's subs because we likely have some racist fans too? 

Bizarre. 

• Like 1

Work in Leeds, Can't begin to tell you how satisfying this is after last season 😂

Did put the idea forward to them at the beginning of the season that United did similar, then had 2nd season syndrome and got relegated, but there was no chance of that happening to them according to the Leeds fans in our office 🙃

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You must be fishing now, surely? 

Our attendances are pathetic? 

We get over 20,000 in League One every other week, having endured 20 years of utter sh*te. 

By what sort of metric are we pathetic? 

For a so called big club they are. Maybe pathetic was harsh as we have a huge attendance in comparison to the mikes of Accrington, morecambe etc but it doesn’t stand up well against teams that our fans put ourselves in the same bracket as. We don’t even have the highest average attendance in league one 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Get the sense someone is a closet Leeds supporter? 

Our attendances are pathetic and we can't be critical of some of their supporters racially abusing Arsenal's subs because we likely have some racist fans too? 

Bizarre. 

Yeah I’ve been on owlstalk for about 10 years as a closet Leeds fan and thought that now is the time to reveal all 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, markg said:

For a so called big club they are. Maybe pathetic was harsh as we have a huge attendance in comparison to the mikes of Accrington, morecambe etc but it doesn’t stand up well against teams that our fans put ourselves in the same bracket as. We don’t even have the highest average attendance in league one 

Nonsense. 

We get similar sized crowds to the likes of Forest, Derby and so forth, which is the bracket of clubs we belong in i.e. biggish clubs. 

Our average attendance is only second to Sunderland, who are a bigger club than us anyway. 

You are just being overly negative for the sake of it. 

Pathetic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, markg said:

What teams are these and how have they performed for last 20 years?