Premier League 21/22

Shocking decision to disallow that second Villa goal. Absolutely no way Schmeichel has it under control, he had the fingers of one hand on it for a split second in real time, then feigned injury to make out he had his hand kicked. Then the "experts" start with "Well in rugby...". It's not rugby ffs. 

6 hours ago, alanharper said:

Shocking decision to disallow that second Villa goal. Absolutely no way Schmeichel has it under control, he had the fingers of one hand on it for a split second in real time, then feigned injury to make out he had his hand kicked. Then the "experts" start with "Well in rugby...". It's not rugby ffs. 

Dems da rulz, tho, bro'

https://downloads.theifab.com/downloads/laws-of-the-game-2021-22?l=en

A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball with the hand(s) when:

•  the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface
(e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands
or arms, except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper
has made a save

• holding the ball in the outstretched open hand

• bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air

A goalkeeper cannot be challenged by an opponent when in control of
the ball with the hand(s).

Interesting Jan window ahead.

A player I would pick up if I were one of the top teams is Ait-Nouri at Wolves.  Have seen a few Wolves games on sky this season, he looks a fantastic player and only 20.  I have always liked Dickie, now at QPR, who is a very good player and can be picked up for maybe 10 million.  If Newcastle want to add quality I'd start with those 2.

Arsenal have stripped Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang of the club captaincy after his "latest disciplinary breach".

The Gabon striker, who was dropped for Saturday's 3-0 Premier League win over Southampton, will not be considered for Wednesday's game against West Ham.

"We expect all our players, particularly our captain, to work to the rules and standards we have all set and agreed," read an Arsenal statement.