Today's line up

18 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

So all the youngsters did come on at half time.

So those yapping about the selection look daft.

And why is that? 

Point wasn't about them not getting to play today, but that starting 11 is made of 11 most experienced players and that lot that got us relegated is still seen as 11 to get us up. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, malek said:

And why is that? 

Point wasn't about them not getting to play today, but that starting 11 is made of 11 most experienced players and that lot that got us relegated is still seen as 11 to get us up. 

If the youngsters are going to be involved in L1, they need blooding in with the 1st team. What they have done today is exactly what they have been doing for the last Yr or 2. U23 football. Not good for them

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, gavlad said:

If the youngsters are going to be involved in L1, they need blooding in with the 1st team. What they have done today is exactly what they have been doing for the last Yr or 2. U23 football. Not good for them

Absolutely 

18 minutes ago, malek said:

And why is that? 

How does the first 11 of pre season in any way reflect what the starting 11 will be in a months time.

You're talking about your arse pal, as per 👍

10 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

How does the first 11 of pre season in any way reflect what the starting 11 will be in a months time.

You're talking about your arse pal, as per 👍

If we wanted to see how one of Galvin, Waldock or Hagan would fit into our team than it would be logical to play them in team with other first team players. 

We didn't tried any of them, but just threw reserves on the pitch to give them run out and know nothing that we didn't know before this game. 

Again I'm putting in an example as everything written here seems to be taken for granted. If we continue like this in Pre season, if Luongo get injured we wont know who can step up to replace him. If Windass get sold we wont know if Hagan can do the job, etc...

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, malek said:

And why is that? 

You were complaining the youngsters werent playing.

They did play but to give senior players time as well to build up fitness makes sense.

As we cant go with 11 youngsters every game despite it being your fantasy

Todays game was about gametime for the whole squad.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

You were complaining the youngsters werent playing.

They did play but to give senior players time as well to build up fitness makes sense.

As we cant go with 11 youngsters every game despite it being your fantasy

Todays game was about gametime for the whole squad.

So you thought that I complained because I thought that youngsters won't get to come on?! Ok, each to their own. 

As I wrote above, Galvin is our only senior left back and I still don't know how he fits within our best 11.

It is just my opinion, but there should have been more point to this friendly than to give everyone 45 minutes. 

34 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

According to the OS match report there were 3 trialists that played. Does anyone know who they were and did any of them impress?

Sadly I couldn’t watch as I was working but apparantly Masampu played left back, and the midfielder Adeniran came off the bench. And I get the impression there was a centre back trialist too but not sure who that was 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
5 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Sadly I couldn’t watch as I was working but apparantly Masampu played left back, and the midfielder Adeniran came off the bench. And I get the impression there was a centre back trialist too but not sure who that was 

Surely that means Adeniran has signed then?

26 minutes ago, malek said:

So you thought that I complained because I thought that youngsters won't get to come on?! Ok, each to their own. 

As I wrote above, Galvin is our only senior left back and I still don't know how he fits within our best 11.

It is just my opinion, but there should have been more point to this friendly than to give everyone 45 minutes. 

So a first friendly back isnt about fitness and assesing players?

What should it be about?

15 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I just followed Dom's updates. There was no mention of who the trialists were though. I wonder if the press aren't allowed to confirm them? Seems daft if so with it being televised. 

21 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

So a first friendly back isnt about fitness and assesing players?

What should it be about?

Clearly its about picking your starting 11 for the first match of the season already a month in advance.

Can't believe Moore doesn't know his best 11 yet. 

• Thanks 1