Today's line up

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

That starting 11 really doesn’t excite me, same old same old. We need new additions to the starting line up, not a team of players that have been failing 

I'm the opposite

In this league it's an automatic promotion winning side

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

That starting 11 really doesn’t excite me, same old same old. We need new additions to the starting line up, not a team of players that have been failing 

TBF 2 trialists is all that can be expected seeing as we are still under an embargo.

I hope Celtic put us to the sword and it give the club a kick up the arse to get some players in. The same dross that got us relegated with no youth players getting a chance.

Like i said actions speak louder than words and from the look of it nothing has changed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm the opposite

The real question is how many of that side have been sold prior to the end of the window for me. Any less than 1/2 and I think it’s very good.

Given Moore mentioned drip feeding Luongo and Iorfa into training after a long absence on the sidelines, it’s not a massive surprise one misses out altogether. When all is said and done, Iorfa’s was a serious injury and TBH it wouldn’t have been a surprise to see him miss the start of the season?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, malek said:

When we got left without half a team and unable to sign anyone we got fed poo that next season youth will get chance, we will look to develop talent at the club, etc...

But as soon as we could put together experienced 11 none of youngsters can start even in a friendly game.

Why starting likes of Borner who are desperate to leave (not that he is the only one).

No wander that we are in such a deep poo with our backward way of thinking.

I'll not be surprised if half time sees virtually a complete swap of players. The youngsters getting 45 minutes. It's about fitness now more than anything and all players at the camp will likely get good minutes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

TBF 2 trialists is all that can be expected seeing as we are still under an embargo.

They could well be the 2 new signings....who can't officially sign due to the umbongo, so are playing as trialists.... this has happened before to give them game time

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jim said:

Given Moore mentioned drip feeding Luongo and Iorfa into training after a long absence on the sidelines, it’s not a massive surprise one misses out altogether. When all is said and done, Iorfa’s was a serious injury and TBH it wouldn’t have been a surprise to see him miss the start of the season?

Agreed

5 minutes ago, malek said:

When we got left without half a team and unable to sign anyone we got fed poo that next season youth will get chance, we will look to develop talent at the club, etc...

But as soon as we could put together experienced 11 none of youngsters can start even in a friendly game.

Why starting likes of Borner who are desperate to leave (not that he is the only one).

No wander that we are in such a deep poo with our backward way of thinking.

All about fitness - I'm sure the youth will get some game time in the second half.

Guest Jack the Hat

I'm over the moon a couple of mates of mine Terry and Tony Trialist (they are twins) are playing. Not sure which one is on the bench though.

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm the opposite

Still think it’s short of a proper striker but no question it’s a very competitive side.

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm the opposite

I completely agree. The only issue with this team is longevity. Half of that team will only play 30 or so games. As sh1t3 as Reach was in his latter stages, you knew he was good for 46 games. Luongo likes a tackle, that means he will manage 30-35, as an example.

4 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

All about fitness - I'm sure the youth will get some game time in the second half.

It is not all about fitness when all senior players are starting and all young ones are on the bench.

• Like 1

I’m actually impressed we’ve got 12 plus subs players to put out to be honest. Think the side looks alright but as has been said how many of them will be here when the season starts? Very surprised to see Borner on there in particular!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, malek said:

It is not all about fitness when all senior players are starting and all young ones are on the bench.

I think basically there will be two teams on show today each doing 45 minutes. The starters likely being on the bench second half. It really is about fitness and Moore has said this in interviews.

Guest Andy W
27 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Very weak squad. 

Celtic must think they are playing a pub side (certainly run like one aren't we?)