The voice of Dom

The part saying he should be admired for investing money - absolute nonsense.

here’s the thing

we ALL invested more money in Sheffield Wednesday over the last few years as we paid more for tickets, more for replica kits. I paid big money for hospitality , big money for kids to be mascots under his mad pricing.  Here’s the thing - none of us supporters had any control whatsoever as to how that hard earned  money of ours was blown.  That was down to the chairman.  The fact is he burned our money as much as he did his own with his decision making.  

the people who should be admired for pouring 

money in are the supporters, who saw the money we spent blown, our team relegated, our ground sold . 

And here’s the last thing- none of us will get a penny back of the money we have wasted on the club over the past 6 years. DC should accept the exact same outcome.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

The part saying he should be admired for investing money - absolute nonsense.

here’s the thing

we ALL invested more money in Sheffield Wednesday over the last few years as we paid more for tickets, more for replica kits. I paid big money for hospitality , big money for kids to be mascots under his mad pricing.  Here’s the thing - none of us supporters had any control whatsoever as to how that hard earned  money of ours was blown.  That was down to the chairman.  The fact is he burned our money as much as he did his own with his decision making.  

the people who should be admired for pouring 

money in are the supporters, who saw the money we spent blown, our team relegated, our ground sold . 

And here’s the last thing- none of us will get a penny back of the money we have wasted on the club over the past 6 years. DC should accept the exact same outcome.

Difference between "admired" and "appreciated" 

Is it wrong to be able to both appreciate what someone did in putting 100m into club almost getting us to premier and  also be angry at the complete mess up that has happened subsequently? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

"You're a wealthy man. You should be admired and praised for the level of financing over the years"

close-up-young-man-showing-stop-sign-vomiting-toilet-bowl-young-man-vomiting-toilet-bowl-181435299.jpg

Careful that's a journalist you are mocking! 

8 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Is it wrong to be able to both appreciate what someone did in putting 100m into club almost getting us to premier and  also be angry at the complete mess up that has happened subsequently? 

If my Mum stood at a fruit machine for a few years putting £1 after £1 in until she's spaffed £50,000 I'd not be appreciative OR admire her for itt

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

If my Mum stood at a fruit machine for a few years putting £1 after £1 in until she's spaffed £50,000 I'd not be appreciative OR admire her for itt

I would sorta admire yer mum for standing up for so long though.......

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not mocking the journalist

Am mocking the sentence

Mocking what the journalist said then? 

Pretty sure that was banned on here at one point!

WTF:

Don't want to derail the thread as you say though.

Chansirir will certainly not appreciate Dom putting this out in the open when he has previously given him his time above all other journalists. 

Why has it taken relegation for this to happen? Feeling braver now the straw has well and truly broke the camels back? 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So when she were in play offs nobody appreciated the funding of that push at the time? 

Appreciate is to recognise the effort which he did try.

To admire is to look up to someone as someone to aspire to. 

I do not admire him in any shape or form but do appreciate what he tried to do.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

So when she were in play offs nobody appreciated the funding of that push at the time? 

Appreciate is to recognise the effort which he did try.

To admire is to look up to someone as someone to aspire to. 

I do not admire him in any shape or form but do appreciate what he tried to do.

My mum tried to win the jackpot on the fruit machine

She'd never played one before. 

Had absolutely no idea what she was doing

Just shovelled cash in as fast and as hard as possible

Owlstalk Shop

20 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

He didn’t put that into the club

he put it into the pockets of agents, bad players, Steve Gibson , the owners of Watford etc etc.   The club has gone down in value not up. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

My mum tried to win the jackpot on the fruit machine

She'd never played one before. 

Had absolutely no idea what she was doing

Just shovelled cash in as fast and as hard as possible

I'll bet you were behind her singing 'were on our our way' at one point when all the bells and whistles were flashing though eh !

• Love 1