The voice of Dom

3 minutes ago, OwlsMan1961 said:

I'll bet you were behind her singing 'were on our our way' at one point when all the bells and whistles were flashing though eh !

I was

But then she lost and slowly it dawned on me she was going to lose everything

She had no idea what she was doing or how to play it

She just kept asking me for more and more money to shovel into it

She put my board up to record levels until i couldn't afford to live with her anymore

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Dom:

”Sheffield Wednesday is one of the great footballing institutions in this country. It is a club steeped in history and tradition.”

DC:

Mmm, This club is now worth £260m........

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

We have been very critical of the local journalist for being too subservient. He has pretty much said what we all think. Personality think it’s a well written and constructive piece. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

It's a decent letter. Some bits are a bit sycophantic but they  need to be cos Chansiri is fragile when it comes to criticism of his ways. He can afford to ignore anyone. He can afford to walk away today, if he did he'd still have more money left than most of us will earn in a lifetime I reckon. For some reason though he won't. Nothing he has done in the last few seasons has made any sense. He's spent money in the worst ways possible on absolute garbage then made it worse by creating a bad working atmosphere at the club. He could have totally revamped the entire operation. New training facilities, ground improvements for fans as well as players, community projects that get the club noticed and generate positive feedback and feeling. Instead he's done the opposite. He's allowed us to rot while wasting money on crap. It's like your house falling apart but buying loads of tech and gadgets to play with. 

I highly doubt he will listen to this letter, he isn't capable of taking advice. 

“So Dom, you say I need to appoint an experienced CEO. Well, my son is brilliant at Football Manager on his PC, so I’m please to announce he will be taking on that role. In between doing his homework and his household chores of course”.

:Chansiri:

Edited by Pablo Bonvin
  • Haha 1

Think Dom got this spot on. The brown nosing is just what is needed to get DC to listen and compromise. As a reporter he has to keep him somewhat onside. 

If he goes in with an 'attack' DC will not let him near the club so their has to be a bit of bowing down to get point across. This is what happens with dictators. 

DC has to go. Even hiring a DOF/ CEO wont work as he is too arrogant with decisions. 

• Like 1

Chansiri fundamentally misunderstands the role of a CEO.

He's intimated before he's expected people in this role to bring revenue into the club as their primary role. The benefit of a CEO at our club offers way more value ensuring what money  available is spent efficiently and assets are protected. 

Get those basics right and less money is required to cover wastage.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, striker said:

Chansiri fundamentally misunderstands the role of a CEO.

He's intimated before he's expected people in this role to bring revenue into the club as their primary role. The benefit of a CEO at our club offers way more value ensuring what money  available is spent efficiently and assets are protected. 

Get those basics right and less money is required to cover wastage.

Indeed, someone with a bit of nous to stop the steady stream of bad decisions or indecision. I suspect the problem is that he will not want to relinquish control of decisions 

• Like 1