The voice of Dom

6 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

It needed the praise in there to be taken seriously by the intended target. If it went in two footed from the off he’d stop reading and say it was unprofessional or unbalanced. 

But there's the problem...  this is a bloke that's had his backside wiped for him, surrounded by yes men and treated like a near God in Thailand.

He doesn't understand what he's doing wrong. He needs to be told properly... cold hard facts.

chansiri, you're utterly useless. Sell up and go.

• Like 1

Just now, Bluesteel said:

Indeed, someone with a bit of nous to stop the steady stream of bad decisions or indecision. I suspect the problem is that he will not want to relinquish control of decisions 

He doesn't, that's true and in fairness if I was wealthy enough, I'd wan't to play football manager in real life too (I'd be a terrible owner, or manager for that matter, just like Chansiri 😀)

But, he's had 6 years of that, time to run the club professionally, rather than a hobby, and reap the benefits as a fan (assuming that's what he thinks himself as).

Guest Hornsby
13 hours ago, rickygoo said:

How is it not personal after such a shambles?

Stagnation would be good. Dom's vocabulary not great, even for a local journo.

Seems local reporters guilt and shame is now comong to fore.

Nancy way best.

12 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

But there's the problem...  this is a bloke that's had his backside wiped for him, surrounded by yes men and treated like a near God in Thailand.

He doesn't understand what he's doing wrong. He needs to be told properly... cold hard facts.

chansiri, you're utterly useless. Sell up and go.

We did have a CEO or similar and they left. 

It suggested in reports that DC is very hands on and wants the final decision on every aspect of the club. Having worked for people like that it can be demoralising as you can be organised in your own role, identifying forthcoming issues and how to address them but if you don’t get a response or can’t make a decision, or then the decision is unexpected. You wonder what your role actually is and how it affects your own reputation 

..I suspect, if the job is like that, it might be difficult to get anyone decent. A good ceo or similar will want to be able to change things and make their mark.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, striker said:

He doesn't, that's true and in fairness if I was wealthy enough, I'd wan't to play football manager in real life too (I'd be a terrible owner, or manager for that matter, just like Chansiri 😀)

But, he's had 6 years of that, time to run the club professionally, rather than a hobby, and reap the benefits as a fan (assuming that's what he thinks himself as).

I can see it from his POV too. I think I’d want to be involved if I was shelling out that time and money. I think he could be though, just needs a balance as you can still be the leader and decision maker but delegate the right bits and basically just do a yes or no on what they have presented. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Not in an open letter in the press

No way Chansiri will like that

Perhaps Chansiri won’t like it, but it’s not about what he likes. If it was there would be no negative comment.  At least it is a journo doing something to highlight the issues 

I welcome the letter alongside the Supporters Trust statement. Going public might be the only way to get DC to take notice and to get the sort of input he ought to have been getting from his advisor(s). The response from DC will be pivotal for many.  A positive response and a clear plan of action alongside a statement of intent, which basically means a complete overhaul of the playing staff, club structure, club ethos, ticket pricing and the commercial side of the club is needed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

you can still be the leader and decision maker but delegate the right bits and basically just do a yes or no on what they have presented. 

If you employ the very best at CEO and DOF then you should get decisions that you don't have to continually re-evaluate apart from every season where you ask the question "how have we improved over this season and what can we do to get better ? " And as you improve keep making sure that any additions whether that be playing, medical staff, coaching staff are continually upgraded. It should be a simple plan to implement it... that's what Brentford have done.

Edited by daveyboy66
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

If you employ the very best at CEO and DOF then you should get decisions that you don't have to continually re-evaluate apart from every season where you ask the question "how have we improved over this season and what can we do to get better ? " And as you improve keep making sure that any additions whether that be playing, medical staff, coaching staff are continually upgraded. It should be a simple plan to implement it... that's what Brentford have done.

Agreed. But to get the best they have to want to work for the owner and know they will be given the autonomy so that’s the key thing I think. Otherwise it’s just a CEO acting as a processor.

I think its a pretty good letter and Howson is the local journo most trusted by DC, he clearly doesn't want to sell if there was any truth in the ludicrous asking price touted around yesterday, he has no option if he wants to reverse the downward trend than to making swingeing changes to the running of the club.

• Love 1