The voice of Dom

Guest LondonOwl313

Think it was in Game of Thrones where they said that everything before the word but is horsesh*t.

This article starts paragraph 5 with the word but. The first 4 paragraphs are horsesh*t just to stroke his ego to try and make him read it

39 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Yeah that’s very cringe. No amount of money a person has or spends means they command any admiration or praise. 

It’s like he’s telling a petulant child off.

He’s having to blow a tiny bit of smoke up his backside so he doesn’t get upset with what he’s saying. 

Pretty much this

Like treading on eggshells around DC. He could easily just refuse to entertain Dom in future which would make his job very very difficult 

6 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Maybe he can see where listening to his advisors has gotten him?

Relegation is irrefutable evedence of things not working

I hope you're right 

It's seems so obvious to us as fans. Hopefully this is the wake up call he needs 

1 minute ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

Get the feeling Dom has written this because he doesn't think Chansiri will be bothered about the Trust's statement. Unfortunately I don't think he'll be bothered about this either.

He's probably right, the trust's home truth statement was in my opinion overly blunt and too confrontational to get a response from DC.

May get slaughtered for this but honestly believe (however misguided it may be) DC is hurt by the flack and the apparent Zero appreciation of what he has tried to do and how much he has put in to try and push for promotion.

Two things can be true, he both can have put a fortune in and tried to do what he thought (or was "advised") was best for the club, and can also have done opposite that intended and messed up.

Likewise you can appreciate it he effort and be critical of the outcome and what needs to happen.  Dom's letter does this and hopefully gets result the trust statement wanted

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, neo hippy said:

Good article, but you do wonder if DC hasn't listened so far why would he now?

Relegation is a sobering moment.  We've been here before, but he hasn't.

He's the owner of a 3rd tier club now, which is a long way down from what he planned for us.

We also finished rock bottom this term. But still would have stayed up without the points deduction.

Hence... its really easy for anyone to say it's all his fault. He can't point the finger at managers or players or fans - because it's his ownership and his mistakes that have directly caused the mess. 

• Love 2

Guest LondonOwl313
9 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

He's probably right, the trust's home truth statement was in my opinion overly blunt and too confrontational to get a response from DC.

May get slaughtered for this but honestly believe (however misguided it may be) DC is hurt by the flack and the apparent Zero appreciation of what he has tried to do and how much he has put in to try and push for promotion.

Two things can be true, he both can have put a fortune in and tried to do what he thought (or was "advised") was best for the club, and can also have done opposite that intended and messed up.

Likewise you can appreciate it he effort and be critical of the outcome and what needs to happen.  Dom's letter does this and hopefully gets result the trust statement wanted

Whoever runs that trust just doesn’t seem very bright and clearly doesn’t have much experience when it comes to negotiating things or getting a counterparty to engage with you.

Their hearts are clearly in the right place but remind me of the fans that argue with club officials outside the ground when we were close to going under in 2010

I read it as ...

"Dear DC...I cannot believe the amount  of money you have spaffed on the ill advised management of this once famous football club.

While wanting to remain your bestest friend...What in the name of f.ook were you thinking???"

"I am full of admiration for the amount of money you have ....(wasted)

Its more than any other sheffield Wdenesday chairman has frittered away on crap "

"Your blunt honesty and down to earth gravity, during your tenure has been refreshing in English football, while others muttered platitudes to fans..You stated...

"I know nothing of football"

"The lengths you have gone to...and the money you have spaff...errr spent to prove that fact, gives me a warm feeling 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Whoever runs that trust just doesn’t seem very bright and clearly doesn’t have much experience when it comes to negotiating things or getting a counterparty to engage with you.

Their hearts are clearly in the right place but remind me of the fans that argue with club officials outside the ground when we were close to going under in 2010

Honestly the statement read like a list of demands with a threat of "do what we say or we'll protest for you to leave".

Never send an email in anger or under emotion it will always come across badly.

Art of negotiation and influence is to understand and adapt your approach to your target

• Like 1

I don’t understand the criticism of Dom for this article. He might blow a bit if smoke but that is probably the way to get him to listen. Full on criticism, which is an option some prefer, will only get him in defensive mode.  Whereas measured comments may well get him to listen.

Many articles/posts have been written searching for how DC could be made to see how we feel and to date there has been nothing identified.

Maybe just maybe the reporter DC speaks to will hold the key

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Same thoughts.

Too demanding.

It needs a "National" journalist to get into it....I don't blame Dom..its his bread and butter that simply turns to crumbs without butter if he upsets DC too much...

It needs someone who doesn't give a flyer whether Chansiri speaks to him again or not.

Wednesday have been so far under the radar, for so many years, the nationals hardly see it as a story.

That article that was in the athletic posted on here the other day?...Imagine if that was Liverpool, or Newcastle?...it would run for weeks.

Thyats why all the publicity has been  about "Wayne Rooneys" Derby staying up, rather than Wednesday going down...We are offa the radar

• Like 1

Toadfish Rebbechi Miller has been telling the truth about the club for ages. 

I can't help feel Alan 'splinters' Biggs and Doom are jumping on his coat tails here , having seen the popularity among supporters that Toadies honest  reporting is getting.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Toadfish Rebbechi Miller has been telling the truth about the club for ages. 

I can't help feel Alan 'splinters' Biggs and Doom are jumping on his coat tails here , having seen the popularity among supporters that Toadies honest  reporting is getting.

Who? Seriously I've no idea who that is.

24 minutes ago, Minesapint said:

I don’t understand the criticism of Dom for this article. He might blow a bit if smoke but that is probably the way to get him to listen. Full on criticism, which is an option some prefer, will only get him in defensive mode.  Whereas measured comments may well get him to listen.

Many articles/posts have been written searching for how DC could be made to see how we feel and to date there has been nothing identified.

Maybe just maybe the reporter DC speaks to will hold the key

Not in an open letter in the press

No way Chansiri will like that

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop