Giddings On Praise & Grumble

2 hours ago, BIG D said:

United 17 points all season. Never heard them called a shambles on the pitch or off

Tbf thats the Premier league. And they get their parachute money too. Also they still have their identity.

We don't we have chansiri plastered everywhere. Shame theirs no bog roll under the tw1ts name 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Both Wednesday and Rotherham had safety snatched from them yesterday. Would’ve been some story if either stopped up. There was something sickening about seeing derby fans and players bouncing around that car park they should’ve been embarrassed. One team had -6 and the other had played 11 games in about a month. 

I thought it was very strange for a club like Derby to celebrate staying up.

Got 1 point in last 8 games against side who finished bottom.

Only stopped up due to our points deduction and acted like it was promotion. 

Can understand feeling of relief but not of joy.

33 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I thought it was very strange for a club like Derby to celebrate staying up.

Got 1 point in last 8 games against side who finished bottom.

Only stopped up due to our points deduction and acted like it was promotion. 

Can understand feeling of relief but not of joy.

Stood there with the beers. “We’ll have a good night tonight” 

In the bottom three on merit 

3 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

He got a bit too giddy when Derby scored.

Usual Giddings.

Brian Laws was ok though and spoke his mind.

I cant listen to him. 

I’d rather get result updates on Ceefax.

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
1 hour ago, shandypants said:

Yes. At first team level, they are shambolic but everywhere else they’re set up well. 

I don’t think Giddings is the best journo if I’m honest but I’m glad he says it like it is in regards to our current situation. 

He enabled Chansiri by keeping silent for 5 years.

3 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He's a Rotherham fan, don't expect much more really, try not to listen to the bloke.

Having said that, at the start of the season I fully expected us to be able to claw back 12 points on Toytown. The fact we failed to even make 6 back suggests their effort was better than ours given their resources. 

I wouldn't go as far as valiant though. Barnsley's efforts this season put that into perspective. 

He's not actually he supports Halifax because he's from that area.

But I find it hard to listen to his commentary and talk show these days ...Paul Walker, Seth Bennett and Rob Staton were very good presenters.

50 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

He's not actually he supports Halifax because he's from that area.

But I find it hard to listen to his commentary and talk show these days ...Paul Walker, Seth Bennett and Rob Staton were very good presenters.

The drop-off in quality as Seth, PW , Rob and even Johnny Buchan left RS has been thoroughly depressing. 

Are there any decent younger commentators coming into RS or are the others carp too at the moment?

No recriminations from me; We went at it half arsed and defensive from the off. Some times we hung on but in the main we blew it more often than not. Our mantra had throughout the season been hammer the nail in the coffin FFS. 

Game 46 of a long season; Too many of the others where we have dropped points from a winning position we have gone to a 4-6 or 5-5 only to fail at the last. Yesterday, after going 3-2 up we went for what we were praying for and got on the front foot. We got caught out with too many up front; (This just as Cardiff levelled). Had we got the fourth, had we defended deep things may have gone differently.

Yet, when we look back on our last score of years: ) Our best moments have come ironically in Cardiff. Yeah the third tier.      

Guest Hornsby
4 hours ago, shandypants said:

Yes. At first team level, they are shambolic but everywhere else they’re set up well. 

I don’t think Giddings is the best journo if I’m honest but I’m glad he says it like it is in regards to our current situation. 

He enabled Chansiri by keeping silent for 5 years.

3 hours ago, Grimesthorpian said:

Andy Giddings isn’t a Rotherham or Grunters fan. He’s a Halifax Town fan.

So there.

Ohhhh  FFSWTF:

Don't tell me that even the Halifax Town fans hate us annall.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Both Wednesday and Rotherham had safety snatched from them yesterday. Would’ve been some story if either stopped up. There was something sickening about seeing derby fans and players bouncing around that car park they should’ve been embarrassed. One team had -6 and the other had played 11 games in about a month. 

steady. That’s the best we’ve played in a year.

If we can’t go mad after a home draw when can we?

• Like 1