Giddings On Praise & Grumble

3 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Just doing some monotonous paperwork and listening to last nights show.

'Wednesday a shambles on and off the pitch' (no arguments)

Rotherham's effort was valiant'

Given the respective resources at each club, I think that’s a fair assessment. What do you want him to say, “Wednesday are brilliant”?

Edited by shandypants
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Just now, shandypants said:

Given the respective resources at each club, I think that’s a fair assessment. Whatsoever you want him to say, “Wednesday are brilliant”?

Have you read it? Especially the 'no arguments' bit

28 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Just doing some monotonous paperwork and listening to last nights show.

'Wednesday a shambles on and off the pitch' (no arguments)

Rotherham's effort was valiant'

He's a Rotherham fan, don't expect much more really, try not to listen to the bloke.

Having said that, at the start of the season I fully expected us to be able to claw back 12 points on Toytown. The fact we failed to even make 6 back suggests their effort was better than ours given their resources. 

I wouldn't go as far as valiant though. Barnsley's efforts this season put that into perspective. 

I actually felt slightly sorry for Rotherham.

They gave their all, but went down due to lacking the quality.

We went down due to ineptness on and off the pitch. Derby got away with it too. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I actually felt slightly sorry for Rotherham.

They gave their all, but went down due to lacking the quality.

We went down due to ineptness on and off the pitch. Derby got away with it too. 

I'd be very surprised if Derby escape next season, it's a club very much circling the drain.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

I'd be very surprised if Derby escape next season, it's a club very much circling the drain.

Yep.

They only stayed up due to our own stupidity.

We should have won that yesterday.

Just now, BIG D said:

United 17 points all season. Never heard them called a shambles on the pitch or off

Bit of a what aboutism there.

Doesn't make us any less of a shambles.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I think Giddings bought into the local club's fans' hatred of Wednesday a long time ago.

At least PW kept it professional. Giddings always used to come across as a buffoon who they gave the cr@p long distant away games too.

Haven't listened to RS for several years, primarily because of him and the deteriorating nonsense of P&G. Whilst the other presenters moved on, he's still there, which says something to me.

• Like 2

Just now, SiJ said:

Yep.

They only stayed up due to our own stupidity.

We should have won that yesterday.

Agreed, twice in a winning position only to blow it...again.

Derby are in deep trouble money wise. Along with a few championship clubs I might add.

2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

United 17 points all season. Never heard them called a shambles on the pitch or off

We all know what Giddings is like. Why have you chosen to take time out to listen ti him? 

1 minute ago, Prendo's boots said:

Still want Ollie to manage us too chap!!! I just think it would be a perfect fit for some reason!! 

We can’t all be so astute mate. We have to accept our foresight is at Premier League level and everyone else that disagrees is a dripping cake.

Living near Blackpool as I have done now for 26 years, I witnessed the arrival of Ollie at a crap club with no money, with a dodgy owner, two promotions with a squad of nothing, and Premier League football for the town. Then he got Palace up too. 

But the experts on here tell me he is a dinosaur, as we drop to League 1. 

• Like 5