Stephen Humphrys - Rochdale Forward.....

Looks a good player,  hopefully the positive vibes being created by Moore and his team will influence players to join us in the summer.  Playing and scoring lots for a massive club at the top of league 1 is probably more enjoyable than struggling in the bottom half of the championship or getting less game time.  

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox

Yes, I read about our interest in Humphrys yesterday. He’s very mobile for a strapping lad. Got something about him. I would approve.

we need better

- guru

Guest whowantstoberich
6 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

I bet any interest is more likely to be from the big clubs of league one though  

That’s us then 

Half-a-dozen Championship clubs credited with interest in Rochdale striker Stephen Humphrys.

The 23-year-old has returned from a horrifying career-threatening facial injury while on Southend's books two years ago to be one of the leading strikers in League One this season.

The former Bury and Fulham youth has a reputation for his power, dribbling and hold up play and has scored 10 goals in 24 starts even as Rochdale have struggled at the bottom of the table.

The72 claims that Stoke, Nottingham Forest, Blackburn Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Bristol City and Preston North End have been keeping tabs on the player.

Real bargain at Rochdale would have be signing Aaron Morley. in my opinion their best player who somehow lost his place in their starting 11 to our own Conor Grant.

Something is not right there as Morley is Rochdale's highest rated player this season who assisted for 6 goals and created 50 chances for low scoring League One side. Although still under contract I guess that he must be available either on free or for nominal fee.

Cultured central midfielder, set-piece expert and arguably best passer of the ball in League One. Similar to Alex Hunt, 3 months older but twice the player. Someone who could have important role to play in possession based football we are supposed to play next season under Moore.

Looking throughout League One I can't think of a deal that could get us more worth for money than this one. Real bargain before other teams get interested.

• Like 1

The great thing about having Moore is not only is he a highly regarded manager from his time in PL and the upper end championship level but he’s just had a recent spell in league 1 so will know full well who the best players are that we should be interested in.  Just have to hope the transfer committee listen to him 

:Chansiri:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, davey_wells said:

Great - another player whose name won't be spelt correctly most the time.

Some even struggle with a club legend like Hirst (Hurst), what little hope does young (and possibly hungry) Stephen have?

Steven Humphries will be just fine. Played in by Barry Bannon.