Final league positions imo

18 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Hudds play rotherham next...can't decide what would be the best result for us...

Suppose, with their games in hand rothers should be safe ..so if I had to pick would go for a rotherham win..hudds in free fall.

Then again if hudds win panic sets in at rovs..

A draw, might at the end be very bad for us.

Oh well..passes time wonderlinging

We could break in and nick the grass

8 hours ago, eightbelow said:

Its nice to see people being optimistic, but in all reality when we have been fighting relegation when have we ever finished a season and stayed up. Maybe in 76 winning the last game against Southend? We dropped 6 points against the minipgis, 3 points against Wycombe and 6 points against Luton, in the end that is why we will go down.

We've been slapped in the face from the off, we started  - 12 every point has been earned the hard way, but God after all this if we pull this off and stay up, we as fans deserve a bit of happiness

I believe we can

3 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Just done the rest of the results with a predictor online. We need to win the final game of the season to survive on goal difference but I have us drawing at Derby. We go down with Huddersfield and Wycombe. I hope I’m wrong lol

Already came up with that result 1-0 win Rhodes 97 min winner, that's called the cherry on top

9 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Hudds play rotherham next...can't decide what would be the best result for us...

Suppose, with their games in hand rothers should be safe ..so if I had to pick would go for a rotherham win..hudds in free fall.

Then again if hudds win panic sets in at rovs..

A draw, might at the end be very bad for us.

Oh well..passes time wonderlinging

If you look at Rhams fixtures it’s a nightmare. They’ve got 4 matches in 8 days next week then 2 a week to the end of the season, so they could just implode, but I still think we’ve too much to do. Makes it interesting though.

Thing is, not team above the bottom 3 (and in touching distance) are on a downer. Usually at least one team drops like a stone in the second half of the season. It seems brum, Bristol, Blackburn are getting over there blip. Even Huddersfield will survive.

so for that reason I think the bottom 3 is as is. 

6 hours ago, danblakemore said:

Thing is, not team above the bottom 3 (and in touching distance) are on a downer. Usually at least one team drops like a stone in the second half of the season. It seems brum, Bristol, Blackburn are getting over there blip. Even Huddersfield will survive.

so for that reason I think the bottom 3 is as is. 

Huddersfield have won 2 of their last 18 fixtures. They’ve got an inexperienced manager, a squad bereft of confidence, and they’re conceding goals left, right and centre. They are definitely not out of it IMO

1 hour ago, edinburghowl said:

Huddersfield have won 2 of their last 18 fixtures. They’ve got an inexperienced manager, a squad bereft of confidence, and they’re conceding goals left, right and centre. They are definitely not out of it IMO

A bit like Feb and March Wednesday 

On 06/04/2021 at 14:37, Daniele Giovanni said:

Start off by saying I'm a poor man who's never won the lottery or accumulators (very rarely) but I've gone game by game for the bottom 6 what I think will hopefully happen, so based on that here are my final postions

19th Wednesday 52 pts

20th Birmingham 50

21st Coventry       49

Relegated

22nd Derby C.  49 on goal diff

23rd Rotherham 45

24th Wycombe W 38

I do stress in my opinion for all its worth

A24922D5-F0DD-4EC9-9961-C14B0B69A427.gif.f8158ed182e797bc543604b3e9db30b1.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, happy bunny said:

Love how some folk portray a 5-0 win as a flash in the pan

There's a glimmer now for sure

Let's get behind em

Cardiff had chances too, but we outplayed them for most part, there's been 6/7 games where we showed our quality without sticking the ball in the net, we are not as bad as people think, I think we'll need to start believing in them UTO

• Haha 1

Guest Mcguigan

Home form over the season so far suggests 6 pts from the remaining 4 fixtures. Away form suggests 2 pts from 3 fixtures.

So going to seasonal form we’ll finish on 43pts and drop to L1. Even improving our form to play off contender level only puts us on 46pts and again, I think we’ll need more.

We don’t play any of the current bottom 6 so no chance of taking points from them, whilst there are a lot of other bottom 6 playing each other guaranteeing points for one or both of them.

18 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Home form over the season so far suggests 6 pts from the remaining 4 fixtures. Away form suggests 2 pts from 3 fixtures.

So going to seasonal form we’ll finish on 43pts and drop to L1. Even improving our form to play off contender level only puts us on 46pts and again, I think we’ll need more.

We don’t play any of the current bottom 6 so no chance of taking points from them, whilst there are a lot of other bottom 6 playing each other guaranteeing points for one or both of them.

Agreed. We are down. 

Our main aim at the moment has to be catching up with someone above and that may be Derby,  if we were to win tomorrow and they lose to Norwich we’d be 5 points off with our game in hand.  Win that game in hand on Tuesday and we are 2 points behind Derby having played the same amount of games, and still have to play them on the last day. 

We simply have to win the next 2 games and hope teams above have only managed 0-1 point in that same time and the table may look a little better. 

• Like 1

On 07/04/2021 at 00:08, Owls-Fan said:

You could be right, but Moore hasn't been in charge of us for 10 games so that stat is a little lazy.  In his 7 games in charge we've played the likes of Norwich, watford, Reading, barnsley and Cardiff (5 teams going for promotion and most in very good form). 

Nevertheless we've got 7 points from the last 12 points available, which is almost the promotion form of 2 points per game, which is not bad for a side at the bottom of the league.  In that time our performances on the pitch have improved too.   Let's hope these signs suggest the team are improving and we will see more positive results than bad ones for the final 7 games in the championship.   If only Chansiri had appointed Moore sooner, we may be in less of a black hole right now. 

very much agree, there has been a change in belief and style, we are not out of it yet but its unlikely yes

Guest Mcguigan
30 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Our main aim at the moment has to be catching up with someone above and that may be Derby,  if we were to win tomorrow and they lose to Norwich we’d be 5 points off with our game in hand.  Win that game in hand on Tuesday and we are 2 points behind Derby having played the same amount of games, and still have to play them on the last day. 

We simply have to win the next 2 games and hope teams above have only managed 0-1 point in that same time and the table may look a little better. 

Anything but 3pts on Saturday and I’ll accept relegation. Too many points to make up from 6 fixtures.