Final league positions imo

3 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Start off by saying I'm a poor man who's never won the lottery or accumulators (very rarely) but I've gone game by game for the bottom 6 what I think will hopefully happen, so based on that here are my final postions

19th Wednesday 52 pts

20th Birmingham 50

21st Coventry       49

Relegated

22nd Derby C.  49 on goal diff

23rd Rotherham 45

24th Wycombe W 38

I do stress in my opinion for all its worth

I do realise this is your opinion - and I would definitely like a taste of that brew both Bannan and you have been having - but just to arrest you on something.... maths. We've got 7 games left, 21 points available and as you have it, you're giving us 16 out of a possible 21 points, so 5 wins and 1 draw from the remaining 7 matches.

Now look at our fixtures in our match history and check your formula again, do we still come out with 52 pts? 🙂 

5 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

I do realise this is your opinion - and I would definitely like a taste of that brew both Bannan and you have been having - but just to arrest you on something.... maths. We've got 7 games left, 21 points available and as you have it, you're giving us 16 out of a possible 21 points, so 5 wins and 1 draw from the remaining 7 matches.

Now look at our fixtures in our match history and check your formula again, do we still come out with 52 pts? 🙂 

Talking about maths..................from 35 points to 52 points is 17, so 5 wins and 2 draws 

• Haha 3

After last night who knows what will happen. Play like that in the rest of the games and we can do it.....but will we? In the next game it could be the brilliant Wednesday from last night who turn up or it could be the gutless lifeless and hopeless Wednesday. We just never know.

I think it's called the joy of being a Wednesday supporter, I'm not so sure it's a joy.

3 minutes ago, prowl said:

After last night who knows what will happen. Play like that in the rest of the games and we can do it.....but will we? In the next game it could be the brilliant Wednesday from last night who turn up or it could be the gutless lifeless and hopeless Wednesday. We just never know.

I think it's called the joy of being a Wednesday supporter, I'm not so sure it's a joy.

It's torture too

• Like 1

Start off by saying I'm a poor man who's never won the lottery or accumulators (very rarely) but I've gone game by game for the bottom 6 what I think will hopefully happen, so based on that here are my final postions

19th Wednesday 52 pts

20th Birmingham 50

21st Coventry       49

Relegated

23rd Rotherham 45

24th Wycombe W 38

You're not by any chance the guy (or a close relative) who a few weeks ago reckoned the piggies were going to avoid relegation are you? lol

Went into final game with Derby level on points, had to beat them, Rhodes scoring in 97 minute

I'd take them going 3-1 up with a few minutes to play then us scoring two in injury time to keep us up. It still hurts...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Talking about maths..................from 35 points to 52 points is 17, so 5 wins and 2 draws 

Haha, well spotted.. typed a bit fast earlier.. 0 losses from remaining 7, sounds like utopia. We did it once under Carlos in the run-in and got in the play offs a second time, I think? are we actually able to pull it off again?

4 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

19th Wednesday 52 pts

20th Birmingham 50

21st Coventry       49

Relegated

23rd Rotherham 45

24th Wycombe W 38

Typical Owlstalk...one good win, don't matter how great we played still 3 points.

It was one of those days, just like the other days you muller a team and lose 1 nil.

Its nice to see people being optimistic, but in all reality when we have been fighting relegation when have we ever finished a season and stayed up. Maybe in 76 winning the last game against Southend? We dropped 6 points against the minipgis, 3 points against Wycombe and 6 points against Luton, in the end that is why we will go down.

• Like 1

If I was Moore I'd be targeting Derby -win our game in hand, do better than them in 1 game, match their other results and it comes down to that final game. Dependent on other clubs of course

FWIW I think we were doomed after the Luton game we are 2-0 up in, but I'd be happy with the players restoring a bit of what's left of their and our pride

This league is unpredictable as yesterday showed but I think we have too much to claw back

• Like 1

Hudds play rotherham next...can't decide what would be the best result for us...

Suppose, with their games in hand rothers should be safe ..so if I had to pick would go for a rotherham win..hudds in free fall.

Then again if hudds win panic sets in at rovs..

A draw, might at the end be very bad for us.

Oh well..passes time wonderlinging