Final league positions imo

17 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Im glad you have confirmed it’s your opinion. Here’s me thinking it was the final table! 

But wouldn't you be more glad if it was the final table?

:duntmatter:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Suggesting we're going to close out the season unbeaten is perhaps a little optimistic.

I don't see where we're getting 5 wins and 2 draws from.

I think we win three and draw one and finish 22nd, with 45 points.

I think the table will stay pretty much as it is, with a bit of a mix up in the order as we pull through Rotherham's position.  Birmingham picks up a win and two draws to close out the season and remains safe at 46 points.

22.  Wednesday

23.  Rotherham 

24.  Wycombe 

Edited by Indoor Owl

3 minutes ago, 0742 said:

In all seriousness, we'll more likely end up finishing bottom.

Wycome has Swansea, Bournemouth, Cardiff, and Middlesbrough to go through.

They're finishing bottom.

But us ending unbeaten is pretty fanciful thinking, I'll agree.

Edited by Indoor Owl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Start off by saying I'm a poor man who's never won the lottery or accumulators (very rarely) but I've gone game by game for the bottom 6 what I think will hopefully happen, so based on that here are my final postions

19th Wednesday 52 pts

20th Birmingham 50

21st Coventry       49

Relegated

22nd Derby C.  49 on goal diff

23rd Rotherham 45

24th Wycombe W 38

I do stress in my opinion for all its worth

Derby ?

1 very good win and all of a sudden people think we will stay up 🙂 Let’s not forget before yesterday we had won 1 in 10, we would still be bottom 3 even without a point deduction. I would love us to stay up but with these players I don’t believe they have the consistency or desire to stay up. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

1 very good win and all of a sudden people think we will stay up 🙂 Let’s not forget before yesterday we had won 1 in 10, we would still be bottom 3 even without a point deduction. I would love us to stay up but with these players I don’t believe they have the consistency or desire to stay up. 

I think they realise they are better than what made out, we played some excellent football yesterday and the goals were superb, they might carry on like this another 4/6 points in next 2 games and it's game on, I've never given up on them for 1 minute this season, but the signs are there that we can pull it off

Edited by Daniele Giovanni
Error

Without the points handicap, then yes, but with it we're going down, I'm afraid.

When the authorities halved it to 6 points they were still pretty confident they could get the result they wanted, bearing in mind where we were last season.

Yesterday's result was just a last hurrah from players who'll be gone next term, showing us what they could have done earlier.

55 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

You could be right, but Moore hasn't been in charge of us for 10 games so that stat is a little lazy.  In his 7 games in charge we've played the likes of Norwich, watford, Reading, barnsley and Cardiff (5 teams going for promotion and most in very good form). 

Nevertheless we've got 7 points from the last 12 points available, which is almost the promotion form of 2 points per game, which is not bad for a side at the bottom of the league.  In that time our performances on the pitch have improved too.   Let's hope these signs suggest the team are improving and we will see more positive results than bad ones for the final 7 games in the championship.   If only Chansiri had appointed Moore sooner, we may be in less of a black hole right now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Start off by saying I'm a poor man who's never won the lottery or accumulators (very rarely) but I've gone game by game for the bottom 6 what I think will hopefully happen, so based on that here are my final postions

19th Wednesday 52 pts

20th Birmingham 50

21st Coventry       49

Relegated

22nd Derby C.  49 on goal diff

23rd Rotherham 45

24th Wycombe W 38

I do stress in my opinion for all its worth

I admire your optimism but we are going to need automatic promotion form to stay up and as good as we were yesterday, I really don’t see it happening.

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

I actually do think we’ve a very good chance. Our form over past few games- even against Watford - has drastically improved. Our remaining fixtures aren’t exactly against terrifying opposition either. Other than Swansea (P) and Derby (R) they’re all very much mid-table with little to play for. .

2 hours ago, bladeshater said:

If that happens pal I'm willing to take you out for a few beers u will pick up the biggest part of the tab

Skinflint, inviting somebody out for a few beers then not paying the full whack.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

That one word, consistency, is the most important word in football.  That was a great performance and, for once, everything went right. Play like that for 7 games , and things go for us, and we stay up, but thats just not going to happen. I wish it were otherwise but the evidence of the last 2 years indicate it was a flash in the pan.

• Like 2