Drop Shaw now!

11 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

He doesn’t want to play in the third division.

He doesn’t want to beg for his wages.

He doesn’t want to play for a club with a chairman who knows less than nothing about football.

When did he say that ?

I read the statement he released where he said "it was an offer he couldn't refuse" but don't recall reading that he said those things.

Guest T Hardy

Nothing against the kid.

Having said that if I was DM I’d only play him as a last resort. Saw it last night, he should have done better for their goal. Immediately some of our fans questioned his commitment. If we’re doing it, surely some of his teammates are. I don’t think it’s what we need. I’d leave him out 

Edited by T Hardy

Guest T Hardy

I must say though I do think some of our fans who are getting very protective of him and saying he can’t do wrong need to realise he’s signed for Celtic, not Real Madrid.

11 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Shaw has cost us valuable points with his rashness.

I want to see people playing at Barnsley who are under contract next season to SWFC or may yet be so.

Shaw would be better off sitting at home watching the Scottish Premier League on TV.

So what you are really saying is you want everyone in the squad but Shaw, I'm glad we finally got to that point 

And all because he's come out and said he's signing for someone else in July as apposed to those players who will be signing for other clubs in July but cannot come out and say it 

Guest T Hardy
1 minute ago, PARKOWL said:

So what you are really saying is you want everyone in the squad but Shaw, I'm glad we finally got to that point 

And all because he's come out and said he's signing for someone else in July as apposed to those players who will be signing for other clubs in July but cannot come out and say it 

Except deals haven’t been agreed for those other players, whereas we know Shaw has signed with Celtic. Informal chats will have probably happened, sure, but anything signed and done always gets out now. 

Just now, T Hardy said:

Except deals haven’t been agreed for those other players, whereas we know Shaw has signed with Celtic. Informal chats will have probably happened, sure, but anything signed and done always gets out now. 

deals will be in place 

if its domestic they cant announce it as its against the rules and will result in compensation, but deals will have been done 

Guest T Hardy
Just now, PARKOWL said:

deals will be in place 

if its domestic they cant announce it as its against the rules and will result in compensation, but deals will have been done 

They’ll chat to agents, but in 2021 someone would have leaked it if anything had been signed, nothing like that happens without a coach or somebody finding out and telling a journalist 

not if it costs the club or the player I believe that the fines and punishments for this are quite hard 

But happy to agree to disagree with you on this one 

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I was being daft with my suggested lineup, of course.

I can see what you're saying, but it could be catastrophic to throw a load of youngsters in at the tail-end of an unsuccessful relegation battle. I'd much rather let the highly paid senior pros who got us into this mess ride out the rest of this godawful season and allow the youngsters to get off on the right foot rather than starting off on a hiding to nothing.

I don't think that'd be the case.

The fanbase have accepted our fate.

The fans will blame those responsible for getting us into this position.

In my opinion, probably after the Barnsley game, is the ideal time to start giving opportunities to those who'll be here next season.

Moore needs to start playing the system he sees us playing next season, and looking to get players into roles. For example, in a 4-2-3-1, Windass and Green could be really useful wide forwards, with pace and goals in them. In a team that wants to play out from the back, Hunt could be a more than capable deep lying link in midfield. Penney and Urhoghide should be given a good run of games in their best positions. Use the next 10 games to find a position for Paterson...he's not a striker, nor a No.10...we've found that out this season. Could he be a combative defensive midfielder? Would he thrive slotting back into his natural right back position?

Let's ask these questions, and find the answers. It'll make our recruitment a damn sight easier in the summer, if we've got answers to these questions.

We'll learn absolutely nothing if we continue to watch Pelupessy fall over, Harris run into blind alleys, Reach stroll about flicking his hair.... just so we can say...these players got us in this position, let them suffer and own it. I reckon we'd save a fair old chunk of money on appearance bonuses as well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, T Hardy said:

Nothing against the kid.

Having said that if I was DM I’d only play him as a last resort. Saw it last night, he should have done better for their goal. Immediately some of our fans questioned his commitment. If we’re doing it, surely some of his teammates are. I don’t think it’s what we need. I’d leave him out 

I do think it would have been nice (although very idealistic) if Shaw could have shown a little loyalty and signed an extension just to get a bit of a fee for us. In an ideal world that would have been a real sign of respect for the club and us as fans. Fully knowing Celtic would have have paid a bit more and that he was still going to go but he would have left on more favourable terms that way. 

Totally understand why he would leave us for Celtic (especially atm, don't blame him for that) but would have been nice if he helped us get a half decent fee. Oh well it is what it is. No loyalty in footy now i guess. 

4 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

As we all know Shaw has sh*t on his own doorstep.

As he has delibertately chosen a club from outside England to move to the compensation may just about cover the cost of his kit over the last ten plus years but no money for all the  training and coaching he has received from SWFC.

Earlier in the season Shaw made a rash challenge and was sent off when we were 1-0 up against Reading.  We somehow held on for a 1-1 draw.

Shaw then made a rash challenge and was sent off in the pivotal game of the season against Birmingham City at home and we subsequently lost 1-0 to our relegation rivals.

Shaw lost his man in the game against Huddershield last night when we were leading 1-0.  It ended up a  1-1 draw.

Time to kick Shaw out of the first team squad now.

But let us praise Eberechi Eze who deliberately signed a new deal at QPR as a thank you so that they could gain the benefit of a £15 million fee from Crystal Palace last summer!

Hmmm, Owls Loyal

Your favourite scottish team wouldn't happen to be Rangers now would it?

• Like 1

Strangely I do not have a Scottish team.

If I did have it would be St Johnstone through various work trips and visits  to Perth.

Celtic are exploiting a loophole.

If Shaw were moving to an English club we would be entitled to a tribunal-determined fee.

Not ideal but better that the minimal com[ensation that we will get from Celtic.

This enables Celtic to expoloit the system.

Guest whowantstoberich
4 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

The fact Shaw is willing to play, risking injury that could scupper his move seems to be being overlooked here.

I really don't underatand some football fans.

Willing to play/work.
I’ve heard it all now.

What choice does he have? He’s contracted to us currently.

Guest whowantstoberich
1 hour ago, T Hardy said:

I must say though I do think some of our fans who are getting very protective of him and saying he can’t do wrong need to realise he’s signed for Celtic, not Real Madrid.

Correct. League one is higher standard than Scottish prem

23 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

I don't think that'd be the case.

The fanbase have accepted our fate.

The fans will blame those responsible for getting us into this position.

In my opinion, probably after the Barnsley game, is the ideal time to start giving opportunities to those who'll be here next season.

Moore needs to start playing the system he sees us playing next season, and looking to get players into roles. For example, in a 4-2-3-1, Windass and Green could be really useful wide forwards, with pace and goals in them. In a team that wants to play out from the back, Hunt could be a more than capable deep lying link in midfield. Penney and Urhoghide should be given a good run of games in their best positions. Use the next 10 games to find a position for Paterson...he's not a striker, nor a No.10...we've found that out this season. Could he be a combative defensive midfielder? Would he thrive slotting back into his natural right back position?

Let's ask these questions, and find the answers. It'll make our recruitment a damn sight easier in the summer, if we've got answers to these questions.

We'll learn absolutely nothing if we continue to watch Pelupessy fall over, Harris run into blind alleys, Reach stroll about flicking his hair.... just so we can say...these players got us in this position, let them suffer and own it. I reckon we'd save a fair old chunk of money on appearance bonuses as well.

Again, I can see what you're saying, and in terms of sussing out how to best lineup and include the likes of Windass, Paterson etc. I can't see an issue. Playing the system Moore wants to use next year and giving him chance to work out which players suit which roles and which need replacing makes perfect sense.

The potential problem comes with throwing youngsters in for their first taste of first-team football in a team which is falling apart at the seams and rocketing towards League One. The hit their confidence could take has the potential to be quite damaging in the long-run.

And then there's the issue that none of Penney, Hunt or Urhoghide are contracted to us next season as things stand. Behind the scenes, they may well already have moves lined up, and so may need grouping with the likes of Reach, Lees et al in terms of having no relevance to what we do next season.

6 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

Willing to play/work.
I’ve heard it all now.

What choice does he have? He’s contracted to us currently.

I'll spell it out for the hard of understanding.

We have a squad of highly paid wasters also under contract who stroll about like they don't give a poo. Who have forced numerous management changes by downing tools when it suited them and are doing nothing more than treading water with minimal effort to see out the season.

Then you have the young lads with a point to prove who are giving it their all because they are only just breaking through and they know what hard work is in order to do that and still have a work ethic.

So yeah if Shaw acted like a lot of the senior players he'd be going through the motions for the rest of the games to technically honour his contract but not put himself in jeopardy.

He's not though is he.... He's giving it all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BIG D said:

It's a pity he didn't run back towards his own goal for the equaliser.

Yes but he had watched Bannan do exactly the same to let Norwich in (BB always lets players run off him) and probably thought if it's good enough for someone on £25k a week its good enough for me on £500!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1