Drop Shaw now!

We often say we should send our youngsters out to lower league clubs to get experience and make their mistakes elsewhere. Unfortunately, we are currently doing that on Celtic's behalf for Shaw.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Shaw has been dropped.

Yes he has been dropped..a strange decision given his ability and our lack of energy, battling and running in midfield. Reach was never a midfielder--he has been converted  from a winger--and Bannan is one dimensional although always demanding the ball. Neither is the kind of midfielder needed in this team. Playing both is ridiculous.

Presume he has been dropped because of the "looking into the transfer" initiative. He would one of the first names on the team sheet normally. Bags of talent and energy. The coaches say he could play anywhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

As we all know Shaw has sh*t on his own doorstep.

As he has delibertately chosen a club from outside England to move to the compensation may just about cover the cost of his kit over the last ten plus years but no money for all the  training and coaching he has received from SWFC.

Earlier in the season Shaw made a rash challenge and was sent off when we were 1-0 up against Reading.  We somehow held on for a 1-1 draw.

Shaw then made a rash challenge and was sent off in the pivotal game of the season against Birmingham City at home and we subsequently lost 1-0 to our relegation rivals.

Shaw lost his man in the game against Huddershield last night when we were leading 1-0.  It ended up a  1-1 draw.

Time to kick Shaw out of the first team squad now.

But let us praise Eberechi Eze who deliberately signed a new deal at QPR as a thank you so that they could gain the benefit of a £15 million fee from Crystal Palace last summer!

Is Shaw not allowed to move without your say so, and if you agree, he can only move to a team you suggest. 

How would you like it if someone tried to dictate what you do with your life. 

Some Football fans are Absolutely pathetic. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

That's our lineup for the remainder of the season sorted, then...

Wildsmith

Palmer    Iorfa     Dunkley    Börner

Green    Luongo    Dele-Bashiru    Bannan

Paterson     Windass

A few will have to play through injuries, and we'll only have Dawson and some U23s on the bench, but at least we know they'll be here next season.

:duntmatter:

Yeah we’re not spoilt for competition, I just think Moore will have a focus on whose going to be here as opposed to those effectively serving their notice. I’m guessing those like Reach play because we’ve got nothing else on the wings. CM isn’t too bad, with Luongo the only long term casualty. 

13 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Wildsmith

Paterson     Windass

A few will have to play through injuries, and we'll only have Dawson and some U23s on the bench, but at least we know they'll be here next season.

There are players who are out of contract who could feasibly be here next season. 

The likes of Urhoghide, Hunt, Penney...all could sign new deals and commit to playing League One football. 

Let’s face, Reach isn’t going to be here next season. Neither is Rhodes, Westwood, probably Lees. They are huge earners, who won’t take such a financial hit..and will probably deem themselves Championship standard. 

But, perhaps Saturday is the last chance. It’s a desperate situation, and any hope of surviving is incredibly slim. Give the players Saturday keep the faint glimmer alive. If we fail to win, it’s time to shake hands, thank them for their service and focus on those players that might contribute to the football club in the future. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I hate some of our fans sometimes

only some and sometimes ? you're doing a lot better than me 

I'm at the most of them most of the time stage 

lol 

13 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Reach was never a midfielder--he has been converted  from a winger--

Reach is now barely a winger either. He's only good if no one is within 2 metres of him so he can run without being tackled.

Plenty of ability but zero confidence in that ability.

Sad really, he promised so much.

Just now, frastheowl said:

There are players who are out of contract who could feasibly be here next season. 

The likes of Urhoghide, Hunt, Penney...all could sign new deals and commit to playing League One football. 

Let’s face, Reach isn’t going to be here next season. Neither is Rhodes, Westwood, probably Lees. They are huge earners, who won’t take such a financial hit..and will probably deem themselves Championship standard. 

But, perhaps Saturday is the last chance. It’s a desperate situation, and any hope of surviving is incredibly slim. Give the players Saturday keep the faint glimmer alive. If we fail to win, it’s time to shake hands, thank them for their service and focus on those players that might contribute to the football club in the future. 

I was being daft with my suggested lineup, of course.

I can see what you're saying, but it could be catastrophic to throw a load of youngsters in at the tail-end of an unsuccessful relegation battle. I'd much rather let the highly paid senior pros who got us into this mess ride out the rest of this godawful season and allow the youngsters to get off on the right foot rather than starting off on a hiding to nothing.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Wildsmith

Paterson     Windass

Who is this Luongo you speak of🤔

I don’t blame Shaw at all. Anyone offering a big increase in pay to a 20 year old is likely to have it accepted. I did the same thing myself at that age. I left a company that gave me a job straight from school and provided job security and training. I doubled my pay by moving from one steelworks to another and  it worked out to be a wonderful move for me. So no blame from me.

Whether he stays in the team is a different question and should be decided purely on merit by the manager who sees his effort and attitude every day. The fact he’s not been in the starting eleven lately tells me that Moore and his coaches are watching closely.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Wonder if theres an injury clause in pre contract agreement?

Celtic no mugs.

Possibly, but not our problem. He's contracted to us right now. The agreement is between Shaw and Celtic, not us and Celtic.

Considering our lack of options, there is an argument for playing him until he breaks, apart from Bannan the rest of the midfield (we have available)  are leaving too, so no different and he's got to be better than some others. At least he has a presence and can run.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Reach is now barely a winger either. He's only good if no one is within 2 metres of him so he can run without being tackled.

Plenty of ability but zero confidence in that ability.

Sad really, he promised so much.

Agree. His inability to speed down the left late to beat the chasing defender on Sunday revealed how slow he has become. Can hardly play on the wing now. Sadly I recall that some at Boro were not sorry to see him go.

It is sad. He is not worth a place esp with another feeble guy like BB in midfield with him.

We were crying out for a guy like Shaw and we still are. Except for Lees and Hutchinson, he is our best and most consistent player imo and he should be fired up by captain and manager to play the last 10 matches or so so the team can get a win or two and hold its head up. Rhodes is also quality but not played enough to be consistent.

7 minutes ago, Blatter said:

I don’t blame Shaw at all. Anyone offering a big increase in pay to a 20 year old is likely to have it accepted. I did the same thing myself at that age. I left a company that gave me a job straight from school and provided job security and training. I doubled my pay by moving from one steelworks to another and  it worked out to be a wonderful move for me. So no blame from me.

Whether he stays in the team is a different question and should be decided purely on merit by the manager who sees his effort and attitude every day. The fact he’s not been in the starting eleven lately tells me that Moore and his coaches are watching closely.

They must have seen something to leave him out but we do need him in midfield badly. In such a desperate team, he is not getting the onfield schooling he needs when he plays because there is little teamwork.

Ooops!

Sorry, Liam, didn't see you there.

I'm a clumsy-*rsed g*t, me.

Don't worry, these injuries look much worse than they actually are.

And the doctors can work wonders these days.

You wouldn't have liked Glasgow anyway.

For a start, Steve Evans comes from there, and there's all those fried Mars bars as well.

Not to mention electric soup.