Drop Shaw now!

Pathetic thread.

Comparing Shaw to Eze is beyond ridiculous.

Eze was always going to sign for a Premier League club. He had played 100 games at this level and left QPR with far more experience and ability than Shaw currently has. He was also a couple years older and had England U’21 caps. 

Shaw still has a lot of learning to do. Next season would have been a great opportunity for him to do that and realise his potential. But the club failed to sign him up and opened the door for Celtic.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Guest Hornsby
1 minute ago, striker said:

Lots more players to pick on before Shaw. Not sure why he needs to be singled out because his agreed contract is public...I'm sure many more of them have deals lined up when the season ends in a few weeks.

Wonder if theres an injury clause in pre contract agreement?

Celtic no mugs.

Plenty of players agree pre-match contracts to move to another club, it's football, it happens! Players get sent off in games all the time, does that mean they want out??? Whilst he is still here, he can offer something to the team. Just because he is a fan of the club doesn't mean he should stay here regardless of the situation. If the club failed to offer him a deal and Celtic came in, of course he'd have a look at it and maybe he took time over this and thought it through and made an adult decision on his future. If you were in employment and had an opportunity that could potentially be better for your career, would you not take it? It may not work out and be a bad career move, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

• Like 4

Most of the side won't be here next season, we are down and we have a squad full of players who are out of contract.

Play the ones who will still be in contract next season, and supplement the squad with young un's.

Worse case scenario, we don't win - wouldn't that be a change?

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

As we all know Shaw has sh*t on his own doorstep.

As he has delibertately chosen a club from outside England to move to the compensation may just about cover the cost of his kit over the last ten plus years but no money for all the  training and coaching he has received from SWFC.

Earlier in the season Shaw made a rash challenge and was sent off when we were 1-0 up against Reading.  We somehow held on for a 1-1 draw.

Shaw then made a rash challenge and was sent off in the pivotal game of the season against Birmingham City at home and we subsequently lost 1-0 to our relegation rivals.

Shaw lost his man in the game against Huddershield last night when we were leading 1-0.  It ended up a  1-1 draw.

Time to kick Shaw out of the first team squad now.

But let us praise Eberechi Eze who deliberately signed a new deal at QPR as a thank you so that they could gain the benefit of a £15 million fee from Crystal Palace last summer!

Hilarious.

You slate his over exuberance, when at least he was showing some desire. His red cards could easily have yellows under different circumstances, but it's also part of the learning process for a combative midfielder.

As for not signing for us you do realise that the offer we made would no doubt result in a similar transfer fee as that we're going to get from tribunal.

I understand you want loyalty, but it works both ways. If DC has offered him a proper contract instead of offering a pittance he may have done an Eze. But by the same token Celtic may have retracted their offer. 

I don't blame him in the slightest for making the decision he has. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near this toxic set up as I was starting out on my career.

There are others I'd be looking to drop before him.

• Like 3

I am confused. When Hutchinson went off injured and DM made three changes at 61 mins, did Uroghide and Shaw both move into defence? Paterson replaced Harris, but didn't Shaw replace Harris in midfied? What you see on red button is nowhere near as good as normal Sky .

I thought it was a central defender's job to pick up their unmarked striker but was that really Shaw?

4 minutes ago, Huncho said:

OP is a bit over the top, but I don’t really see any benefit of playing him. We’re down, and Moore needs to turn his attention to next season and focus on the guys who are going to be here 

That's our lineup for the remainder of the season sorted, then...

Wildsmith

Palmer    Iorfa     Dunkley    Börner

Green    Luongo    Dele-Bashiru    Bannan

Paterson     Windass

A few will have to play through injuries, and we'll only have Dawson and some U23s on the bench, but at least we know they'll be here next season.

:duntmatter:

5 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Hilarious.

You slate his over exuberance, when at least he was showing some desire. His red cards could easily have yellows under different circumstances, but it's also part of the learning process for a combative midfielder.

As for not signing for us you do realise that the offer we made would no doubt result in a similar transfer fee as that we're going to get from tribunal.

I understand you want loyalty, but it works both ways. If DC has offered him a proper contract instead of offering a pittance he may have done an Eze. But by the same token Celtic may have retracted their offer. 

I don't blame him in the slightest for making the decision he has. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near this toxic set up as I was starting out on my career.

There are others I'd be looking to drop before him.

All Shaw's transgressions with referees were marginal. Grant Hanley elbowed Lees on Sunday and it was regarded as accidental. Keogh felled Rhodes and got let off.

• Like 2