Drop Shaw now!

19 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

The loons from the cult of Bannan are here.

Do you know I don't mind being accused of that. A player who gives everything for the club and has done since he walked through the door.

He might not be as good as Liam Shaw  😀 but he'll do for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, whowantstoberich said:

Pride, and the fact he could get a much bigger contract with us or another English club once he shown how good he was

Flag down a cab and ask him to take you to Real Street.

How many people are going to turn down an extra £250,000 per year, in a much better environment and with a significantly improved chance of winning honours or recognition out of whimsical hopes that if they stay where they are things might get better in a few years? When you factor in the uncertainty and brevity of this career, such considerations are only magnified.

• Like 1

S.kirbyowl hits the nail on the head.

Celtic have and are continuing to exploit a loophole in the EFL and EPL regulations that allows Scottish and European clubs to sign young players from English clubs without a proper process to pay appropiate compensation.

Yes, it is true that Chansiri has been caught with his pants around his ankles for the umpteenth time.

But action needs taking so that the likes of Celtic , Shaw and his Agent cannot screw clubs like Wednesday who have invested in developing this young kid for over ten years.

15 hours ago, s.kirkbyowl said:

It is only the fact that Celtic are interested in him because he comes almost free and they can afford to take a punt on him hoping that he may develop into a proper player, otherwise he would be nowhere near a move to them or anyone else in the premiership for that matter.

He needs to look at himself and consider what has happened to the last great hopes we had -George Hirst or that other fellow that left and went to Scottish club (Clare I think was his name). Neither got much first team football after a brief spell where they were found to be not ready for the first team. Thus spending most of their time on the bench. Both their careers went downhill fast. -

Shaw would have almost a guaranteed spot for us in the 1st division and would have a fair chance of developing some match play nouce, something that he is clearly lacking and valuable game time at a time when he is developing both physically and mentally.

I get that he will get a higher pay day in the short term but in the long term I see him following the route that Clare is currently on.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Do you know I don't mind being accused of that. A player who gives everything for the club and has done since he walked through the door.

He might not be as good as Liam Shaw  😀 but he'll do for me.

Lets hope with the weight of that massive wage he collects each week he might be able to deliver a set piece past the first man or attempt a pass that isn't 20 foot into the North Stand.

55 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Lets hope with the weight of that massive wage he collects each week he might be able to deliver a set piece past the first man or attempt a pass that isn't 20 foot into the North Stand.

You're so tedious Ronnie. I didn't see too many (if any ) fail to get past the first man the other night. 

He actually put a great delivery in from a free kick and a few seconds later set up a chance with a great pass inside the full back. Also a few decent corners went in.

You lot probably missed it though because you too busy blaming him for the pass from the drop ball which was in fact Hutchinson.

I get that you don't like him but to abuse a guy like him all the time is pretty pathetic mate. I expect better from you.

4 minutes ago, BIG D said:

You're so tedious Ronnie. I didn't see too many (if any ) fail to get past the first man the other night. 

He actually put a great delivery in from a free kick and a few seconds later set up a chance with a great pass inside the full back. Also a few decent corners went in.

You lot probably missed it though because you too busy blaming him for the pass from the drop ball which was in fact Hutchinson.

I get that you don't like him but to abuse a guy like him all the time is pretty pathetic mate. I expect better from you.

Bannan isn't worth the wages. Posters having a go at Shaw on a fraction of Bannans wages contributes just as much to the team as Bannan does. There are plenty of better players out there who would do a job better than Bannan on far lower wages. The Bannan project has failed and its time for a fresh approach without him.

Guest Jack the Hat

Personally I wish Shaw all the best. I agree he shouldn't be starting for us at the moment, but because I don't think he is any more than a fringe player at the moment. When he has played in defence he has been a liability and even in midfield  he is prone to rash challenges which have twice left us a man down. I just don't think he is ready for a relegation battle and feel the move is good for both of us. I doubt we'd get much more than 300k for him based largely on his patchy performances littered with errors and one mega assist against Exeter. He could well turn into a good player but he isn't in the right kind of environment here. A good move for both parties and definitely no reason to have a go at him for making an absolute no brainer of a decision.

6 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Bannan isn't worth the wages. Posters having a go at Shaw on a fraction of Bannans wages contributes just as much to the team as Bannan does. There are plenty of better players out there who would do a job better than Bannan on far lower wages. The Bannan project has failed and its time for a fresh approach without him.

Like I said, I expect better.

Good luck to Liam Shaw, I think it's a poor move career-wise but at least his agent will be happy. To say he's contributed as much as Bannan is laughable to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Personally I wish Shaw all the best. I agree he shouldn't be starting for us at the moment, but because I don't think he is any more than a fringe player at the moment. When he has played in defence he has been a liability and even in midfield  he is prone to rash challenges which have twice left us a man down. I just don't think he is ready for a relegation battle and feel the move is good for both of us. I doubt we'd get much more than 300k for him based largely on his patchy performances littered with errors and one mega assist against Exeter. He could well turn into a good player but he isn't in the right kind of environment here. A good move for both parties and definitely no reason to have a go at him for making an absolute no brainer of a decision.

All footballers make rash challenges and silly errors. He is a young raw footballer with the potential to develop. This isn't the club though for players to improve and get better as the majority of time footballers here stagnate and performances dip.

Just now, BIG D said:

Like I said, I expect better.

Good luck to Liam Shaw, I think it's a poor move career-wise but at least his agent will be happy. To say he's contributed as much as Bannan is laughable to be honest.

Yes I expect better than a couple of goals and 4 assists from your key player in the engine room of the team.

1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

But action needs taking so that the likes of Celtic , Shaw and his Agent cannot screw clubs like Wednesday who have invested in developing this young kid for over ten years.

Youre 100% bang on

That ‘action’ is simply ensuring your own players that are at your own club that you own are on contracts 

👍👍

Owlstalk Shop

I don't mind us not playing Shaw for the simple reason that he won't be here next season, if so play another of the youngsters. I don't get view that he does not care and that he is a sending off waiting to happen. We have players that are a little more assertive in looking to pinch the ball in Hutchinson, Urhoghide, Shaw and Borner, all of them are likely to incur bookings and their mistakes look worse. The other side is to have a team full of passives who just screen and let the opposition keep the ball unchallenged. Shaw did let his man run off him for the goal but he will learn, the captain does it every match and gets away with it. If Shaw did not care he could approach the match in the manner of Palmer or Reach, just turn up accept defeat and take your pay.

A team of nice guys happy to turn up and lose should be playing for fun not being payed, is it strange that of all our stars Shaw is the only that others want. He will also have the experience in a team that plays football in a more constructive manner.

2 hours ago, frastheowl said:

I'm not suggesting chucking the likes of Galvin, Brennan, Waldock etc. in for a sink or swim scenario. Maybe, one or two of them could get some game time at some point, but I agree it'd be unfair to throw the likes of those into this scenario.

That's what I thought you meant, to be honest.

The others who've already played some first team football, there's no problem with using. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Yes I expect better than a couple of goals and 4 assists from your key player in the engine room of the team.

The defensive mindset and lack of quality up front aren't really conducive to lots of assists though are they? Those 4 represent over 15% of the team's total goals. By comparison, someone doing the same thing at Brentford would have 10.

9 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

The defensive mindset and lack of quality up front aren't really conducive to lots of assists though are they? Those 4 represent over 15% of the team's total goals. By comparison, someone doing the same thing at Brentford would have 10.

Probably comes from players worried that once Bannan loses possession, we will be outnumbered in midfield as he offers nothing to the team when we are out of possession.

5 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

That's the thing.

6 months ago they wouldn't have had to have offered him thousands to re-sign.

agree so surely someone from the academy should know who might and might not make a decent league footballer 1 day.  we have had some u23 and u18 players who strangely kept getting new deals in the past and ended up at matlock town or boston. where did jack stobbs end up at? he always seem to get his deal extended .