Drop Shaw now!

We all know that Professional football in England is a tough and ruthless business.

It is so easy to be taken advantage of and Celtic have got form for this, e.g. Dembele from Fulham to Celtic and sold on swiftly at a massive profit..

Celtic are exploiting a loophole whereby English Club's youngsters can be lured to Scotland/Europe with no proper level of compensation paid.

My loyalty is to SWFC and we need to toughen up and stop being ripped off by the likes of Shaw and his Agent

Clearly we need a proper Owner plus a CEO, Finance Director, Commercial Director, DoF and Team Manager.

The way that Norwich City for example is run is light years ahead of how Sheffield Wednesday is run.  They have a highly effective management structure.

Just take a look at the League table.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Is there anyone else who could be called up from our youth players?

It's just that if they're going to be fielded next season, then it would be a good chance to give them a run out.

IMO we're down now, so if there are options to the quitters then it makes sense to play them.

3 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

We all know that Professional football in England is a tough and ruthless business.

It is so easy to be taken advantage of and Celtic have got form for this, e.g. Dembele from Fulham to Celtic and sold on swiftly at a massive profit..

Celtic are exploiting a loophole whereby English Club's youngsters can be lured to Scotland/Europe with no proper level of compensation paid.

My loyalty is to SWFC and we need to toughen up and stop being ripped off by the likes of Shaw and his Agent

Clearly we need a proper Owner plus a CEO, Finance Director, Commercial Director, DoF and Team Manager.

The way that Norwich City for example is run is light years ahead of how Sheffield Wednesday is run.  They have a highly effective management structure.

True.

Celtic in footballing terms are bobbar, but bobbar which plays in Europe.

turd.gif

I am personally not concerned if @Owlstalk does not like me.

I just want SWFC to stop being pushovers, get smart and start going back up the leagues.

We clearly need a new Owner with a proper management structure in place.  Every single aspect of the club is currently pitiful.

If we wise up we still have a key asset and that is the fans who still love the club.

• Like 1

Shaw is a young inexperienced lad with a lot of potential. I don't blame him for our current position.

Some of our players are highly paid, long term professionals who have failed to perform to anything like the level expected of them.  They are the ones I hold responsible for the current situation.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Do you even know if we offered him a contract extension, and if so, how it compares with the one Celtic agreed with him?

Without such information, I don't see how anyone can arrive at the conclusion that either Shaw or his new club have not acted entirely reasonably.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

As we all know Shaw has sh*t on his own doorstep.

As he has delibertately chosen a club from outside England to move to the compensation may just about cover the cost of his kit over the last ten plus years but no money for all the  training and coaching he has received from SWFC.

Earlier in the season Shaw made a rash challenge and was sent off when we were 1-0 up against Reading.  We somehow held on for a 1-1 draw.

Shaw then made a rash challenge and was sent off in the pivotal game of the season against Birmingham City at home and we subsequently lost 1-0 to our relegation rivals.

Shaw lost his man in the game against Huddershield last night when we were leading 1-0.  It ended up a  1-1 draw.

Time to kick Shaw out of the first team squad now.

But let us praise Eberechi Eze who deliberately signed a new deal at QPR as a thank you so that they could gain the benefit of a £15 million fee from Crystal Palace last summer!

Are you upset about him?

22 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

By ‘making things happen’ I mean ‘run forward towards their goal with the ball’ 

Scraping the barrel for positives

It's a pity he didn't run back towards his own goal for the equaliser.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

So you’ve said it yourself. Why are you blaming the player when the club have failed to put a structure in place to stop this happening?

Only one person to blame for Shaw leaving. And you’re directing it at the wrong person despite highlighting the biggest issue of it all. 

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Pathetic thread.

Comparing Shaw to Eze is beyond ridiculous.

Eze was always going to sign for a Premier League club. He had played 100 games at this level and left QPR with far more experience and ability than Shaw currently has. He was also a couple years older and had England U’21 caps. 

Shaw still has a lot of learning to do. Next season would have been a great opportunity for him to do that and realise his potential. But the club failed to sign him up and opened the door for Celtic.

He doesn’t want to play in the third division.

He doesn’t want to beg for his wages.

He doesn’t want to play for a club with a chairman who knows less than nothing about football.

That’s enough I’d say.

• Like 1

Shaw has cost us valuable points with his rashness.

I want to see people playing at Barnsley who are under contract next season to SWFC or may yet be so.

Shaw would be better off sitting at home watching the Scottish Premier League on TV.

• Like 1