Jordan Rhodes

Don't really understand what the argument here is... is it that we're vindicated in making our record signing who over 4 years has cost the club about 14 million quid because he's played well in his final 20 games for us in a season we're doomed to relegation?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Holmowl said:

My fave is the “like playing with ten men”, despite the fact that we play better and have more success (goals and points) when he starts.

It's an oft used cheap shot trotted out habitually in failed attempts to add gravitas to lazy prejudices against particular players. IMHO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Don't really understand what the argument here is... is it that we're vindicated in making our record signing who over 4 years has cost the club about 14 million quid because he's played well in his final 20 games for us in a season we're doomed to relegation?

No.

46 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Clearly IMO his spell at the club has been pretty disastrous by and large.

On the other hand, on current form, he looks far and away our best option up front.

Yep.

Guest T Hardy
52 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

You can see who is bitter and twisted now.

It’s not bitter and twisted to dispute twisted stats. 

Jordan Rhodes current form (less than two months) :

5+6 appearances, 3 goals, 1 assist

Rest of his Wednesday career (more than three years) :

45+46 appearances, 14 goals, 2 assists

Are we really arguing that the top one trumps the bottom? Could make a similar argument to reinvent the time at the club of Andy Sinton, Lloyd Owusu, Adam Proudlock, Akpo Sodje, Ritchie Humphreys, Andy Pearce...

16 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Are we really arguing that the top one trumps the bottom? 

No.

IMO though; his current form makes him the current best choice for us up front

Guest T Hardy
36 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Come on , really

Yeah, I think we’re allowed to have a discussion about stats that are been used in here to suggest that we’d be doing better if JR is in the team. He has some very favourable recent stats for time on the pitch, but as DJMortimer says, I don’t think it trumps his career as a Wednesday player, and it’s right to be skeptical of the opinion that is we’d have been fine this season if we played JR more.

Just now, T Hardy said:

Yeah, I think we’re allowed to have a discussion about stats that are been used in here to suggest that we’d be doing better if JR is in the team. He has some very favourable recent stats for time on the pitch, but as DJMortimer says, I don’t think it trumps his career as a Wednesday player, and it’s right to be skeptical of the opinion that is we’d have been fine this season if we played JR more.

You do understand Moretimer despises Rhodes and will appear in every Rhodes thread with hate filled bile.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

You do understand Moretimer despises Rhodes and will appear in every Rhodes thread with hate filled bile.

You do understand Emilianenko (sp) despises Mortimer and will appear in every thread he posts in with hate filled bile.

Not sure I see the "hate filled bile" in posting how his minutes per goal compares with a world renowned striking talent like Josh Windass or noting how few games he has started in the last five years at three different clubs. It's almost as if you prefer shouting glib, impertinent slogans to try and compensate for the perceived disparity in meaningful and perceptive discourse.

2 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

You do understand Emilianenko (sp) despises Mortimer and will appear in every thread he posts in with hate filled bile.

Not sure I see the "hate filled bile" in posting how his minutes per goal compares with a world renowned striking talent like Josh Windass or noting how few games he has started in the last five years at three different clubs. It's almost as if you prefer shouting glib, impertinent slogans to try and compensate for the perceived disparity in meaningful and perceptive discourse.

Your record in every single Rhodes thread tells its own story.

2 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Are we really arguing that the top one trumps the bottom? Could make a similar argument to reinvent the time at the club of Andy Sinton, Lloyd Owusu, Adam Proudlock, Akpo Sodje, Ritchie Humphreys, Andy Pearce...

I think you are arguing with yourself here mate.

NOBODY is arguing his history here is anything other than a disaster. There’s about 30 posters saying he’s been criminally under-used this season, that he should have been playing every game recently, and that we’ve subbed him too early in key games and regretted it.

15 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I think you are arguing with yourself here mate.

NOBODY is arguing his history here is anything other than a disaster. There’s about 30 posters saying he’s been criminally under-used this season, that he should have been playing every game recently, and that we’ve subbed him too early in key games and regretted it.

I understand the distinction in your argument, and have stated many times that it has some merit.

There are others though who don't differentiate in the same way and one in particular that gets very gladiatorial about it. 

Rhodes haters are boring.

They can’t seem to wrap their head around the fact he didn’t decide how much he’d get paid or decide how much we paid Boro for him.

Lad has been terribly managed at Wednesday. Just like another top striker at this level who is now the Championship top scorer and has scored more goals than our entire team combined. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1