Darren Moore's Managerial Career

In isolation, I’m pleased with this appointment. Young manager who knows the football league well and plays positive football. 

I have to ask though, were we really in a position to be poaching a manager requiring compensation when we struggle to pay players on time? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CalmJimmers said:

46% is really good, better than Carlos. 

Hopefully we back him to build his team. 

That misplaced Wednesdayite optimism in the light of everything our owner has done so far has just made me cry. That used to be me... sniff 😪, please let it be alright this time.

Welcome to Sheffield Wednesday lovely Darren Moore. My family were big fans of yours when you took over at West Brom. You are such a refreshing change. I am very happy for Sheffield Wednesday, but very sad for you mate, because we are poison right now for good and promising coaches/managers. If you do not mind being Chansiri's kicking boy and media fall guy, while getting abuse and constant slaggings from the mouthy minority numbskull side of our fanbase, you will be fine, but hopefully for your sake, the short term part of your contract will save you from too much pain. Good luck, we did not deserve the good run we had under Neil Thompson, but we definitely do not deserve you.

UTO!

6 hours ago, paulrs said:

Difficult to judge his record really.

Did well initially with WBA and yet ultimately they were still relegated. Then had them top 4 but they had started as favourites so that was a slight disappointment.

And in a year and a half at Doncaster he’d made very good progress until they hit a really bad run in February and dropped away from the automatic places. 

Jury’s out for me, flashes of very good and flashes of not so good in a fairly short career up to now.

The other thing is that for a bruiser of a player he’s a softly spoken nice guy so can he kick ass when needed or not?! 

Can’t make my mind up whether this is merely an okay appointment or potentially a very good one.

Not that it matters much either way as even Pep might struggle working in the DC circus. 

When Moore took over at West Brom they had lost 8 in a row. He ended the season with 3 wins, 2 draws and a defeat, hardly his fault he couldn't keep them up. 

Doncaster are doing very well to be in the play offs never mind contending for automatic. He has done well in each of his jobs and has been widely praised for his approach. 

Not sure who some expected us to be able to attract at this stage. I certainly didn;t expect an up and coming manager to step out of a comfortable job in which he was doing well to try and rescue us. 

Good record at WBA, obviously with the prem days and then championship 4th, being favourites is one thing but delivering is another and 4th still a good return.  donny took them to around play offs before PPG ended it , this season 6th with various game’s in hand over teams above . Yes a few poor results recently but it makes you wonder how long he’s been talking with this and has that played a factor in last few weeks 

He needs to be allowed to manage without outside interference, he has to have a big say on transfers, players he wants, ones he wants to get rid of. If he is allowed to do that I think he could be a very decent manager for us. Yes I still expect us to go down this season but I think he is a good choice to bring us back up again hopefully next season. 

5 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

He needs to be allowed to manage without outside interference, he has to have a big say on transfers, players he wants, ones he wants to get rid of. If he is allowed to do that I think he could be a very decent manager for us. Yes I still expect us to go down this season but I think he is a good choice to bring us back up again hopefully next season. 

Agreed

Owlstalk Shop