Darren Moore's Managerial Career

13 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Bit disrespectful, can hardly compare a guy who has 46% win rate over 13 games to someone who has the same record over 126 games some of which were in the prem.

Possibly yes, but I’ll wager he’ll struggle to match Thompson’s record over the next thirteen. I hope he does, but I don’t believe he will

Guest Jack the Hat
7 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Presumably we'll have to pay Donny compensation, so surely he'll have a longer contract than the end of the season.

Mind you if he oversees us till then it'll be more matches than Pulis did.

Really can't see him leaving Donny for less than an 18 month contract though.

That is exactly what I'm thinking. This season and next. And he is already familiar with League one, which is useful.

27 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think given the right club with the right circumstances off the pitch think Darren Moore would be a success.

Not here then. Hope he’s big enough to not take any s**t and hopefully get our squad into some kind of shape.

Welcome Darren. I’m hoping with him being a steady defender in his playing days he will be able to sort out our defensive frailties and provide some advice in that area. His Doncaster team played good football too and his win% is impressive. Really positive appointment for me and a badly needed bit of good news for the club. 

Under the circumstances a good sensible appointment. Can he keep us up yes I think he can but if not he's a good choice for league 1. Plays attacking football and for once  we have got someone else's manager instead of picking one off the nobody wants round about. Let's hope he's a good man manager!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

Welcome to Sheffield Wednesday Darren. Just don't do anything weird like our previous managers and you'll have the fans on your side and likely do well

Just get the side avin a go,that's all we ask..instead of crumbling in the 2nd halves..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Possibly yes, but I’ll wager he’ll struggle to match Thompson’s record over the next thirteen. I hope he does, but I don’t believe he will

That might be true but I'll wager Thompson would have struggled at least as much. Even your naturally pessimistic nature must concede it is a more forward thinking appointment than most on the bookies' recent lists.

10 minutes ago, the mighty wednesday said:

That might be true but I'll wager Thompson would have struggled at least as much. Even your naturally pessimistic nature must concede it is a more forward thinking appointment than most on the bookies' recent lists.

Yeah, as I said, not a particularly inspired choice, but with League One in my mind, think he’ll do a pretty decent job at that level. I like the way he uses the loan market, I believe Doncaster currently have 7 players on loan. With our sights, and expectations lowered, I do think he can stabilise us in that league He seems universally liked by football pundits and fans alike, and for so many reasons, it would be great to see him succeed

• Like 1