Possibility of more sanctions looming ?

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So we could get a manager the second the transfer window closes, and the accounts released after the early bird season tickets have been sold

You would hope and have to assume that all DC's decisions are related to some form of strategy, but I know that's a long shot.

I suspect we are in de ja vue like last season's nonsense, which were painfully exposed in the transcripts of the hearings in the Autumn. On the face of it we look like Trotters Independent Trading, but I suspect we are somewhat deeper than this. Something has spooked DC in the accounts and timings of these. Whilst DC has apparently sold the ground to himself, and has a loan and charge against the deal, I still don't see any evidence that he's leased it back to SWFC at an annual rent. Something doesn't add up.

He's unsure whether to gamble with a decent manager and players as if the ground sale isn't approved by the EFL, we're going to take another 6 points. I think he's spinning this out as long as he can to avoid making a decision either way.

• Like 1

This wouldn’t be a problem if the club just submitted the accounts on time.

Given the embargo’s, points deduction, failure to pay players in full, stadium sale etc, it does make me wonder if Chansiri is trying to hide something.

It certainly wouldn’t surprise me.

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

They were due by 31st July. 

It clearly is not good news that they are so late and even less encouraging that the owner keeps saying they will be submitted 'soon' but there's no need to turn 6 months late into nearly a year for dramatic effect. 

They were already 3 months late at the end of July. We were just very lucky the Govt extended the deadline due to Covid

Guest Grandad
17 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

You mean apart from the terms of the lease being detailed in the last set of accounts

30 years at £3m a year

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Anyone excusing our accounts being late are basically fans of Chansiri and not of Sheffield Wednesday FC

Ridiculous statement 

51 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

I might be asking a stupid question, but why does it matter to other clubs that we have filed late. If we have breached the limits the EFL will deduct points or issue a fine like this year?

Because if they can push sanctions/point deductions onto us, it means more or less relegation and therefore only 2 places left.

There is also the 2 rsoles at Middlesboro' and Barnsley who seem to have an agenda against us.

21 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Because if they can push sanctions/point deductions onto us, it means more or less relegation and therefore only 2 places left.

There is also the 2 rsoles at Middlesboro' and Barnsley who seem to have an agenda against us.

I get this but there will be a cut off date whereby the EFL will say enough is enough without any clubs pushing. Would have thought EFL would love to do us as soon as possible. So maybe EFL have seen our accounts?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

I get this but there will be a cut off date whereby the EFL will say enough is enough without any clubs pushing. Would have thought EFL would love to do us as soon as possible. So maybe EFL have seen our accounts?

Hope you're right on both counts but don't think Gibson and Murphy will go away.

As others have mentioned, IMHO the accounts submission issue is probably down to the 'going concern' issue, that is preventing the auditors from signing off the accounts meaning they can't be submitted.

If this is the case I'd expect other EFL clubs (without Prem Parachute payments) to be in the same boat. It would be interesting to know if other Championship clubs are late in submitting their accounts, the information used to be readily available from Companies House.

It could be that the accounts submission is beyond Chansiri and SWFC's control.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

As others have mentioned, IMHO the accounts submission issue is probably down to the 'going concern' issue, that is preventing the auditors from signing off the accounts meaning they can't be submitted.

If this is the case I'd expect other EFL clubs (without Prem Parachute payments) to be in the same boat. It would be interesting to know if other Championship clubs are late in submitting their accounts, the information used to be readily available from Companies House.

It could be that the accounts submission is beyond Chansiri and SWFC's control.

Sorry that can't be possible. 

We all know that the terms and conditions of this site dictate that:

On any and all occasions DC must be held solely responsible for any problems and incompetence at the  club.

Under no circumstances will he be given the benefit of  the doubt. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2