Let's Hit Him Where It Hurts

32 minutes ago, unkastav said:

I understand lots of fans want him gone.... has there been any genuine interest in anybody buying chansiri out? Looking at the derby situation its best to tread carefully

There was that post on here about fans getting some cash together. 

On 16/01/2021 at 11:08, Blatter said:

If the limited bit of funding provided by fans is halted as you seem to want, what’s to stop Chansiri also stopping his funding?  It’s highly unlikely anyone would come in to buy a business with no income, that doesn’t own its stadium but is contracted to pay huge sums in wages to the playing staff.

Chansiri could easily choose to withdraw financial support, and put the club into administration. A further points deduction would follow with administrators selling off the playing staff to satisfy creditors as per Wigan.     

What you are suggesting is a form of anarchy whereby you destroy the existing structure in the forlorn hope that something better might miraculously resurrect itself from the chaos. Time to realise the situation that football outside the Premier League is in an extremely fragile position. Let’s not try kill it off altogether.

Existing structure? 
Am I missing something?

2 hours ago, morganowl said:

where are all these so called investers? they dont exist anymore nobody for a very long time is chucking money at football . only saudi oil sheiks have money now . its  a matter of hoping your owner pays the bills or you go bust .

Another one .....There will be no investors,until the Club is put up for sale,which it currently isnt.....every Club just about on normal trading conditions could be described as you do....Football clubs in my view are rarely run as a viable business,they are more a rich man/womans plaything....How much for example does the Chelsea owner put in?...every season?

Only those PL Clubs which are a 'brand' as well as a Football club really make the mega bucks...SWFC would attract offers in my view for the reasons I have stipulated.

3 hours ago, timrud said:

The negative nigels just want him to fail to say they were right

Dont be ridiculous....its not about 'being right' look at whats happened to the Club,that Q has already been decided,...points deduction,embargo's....sky high ticket prices,.....bumping along on the bottom of the league & in danger of relegation...ground sold...Managerless what have i missed??    ...............

4 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

For that to happen the chairman has to be willing to sell, according to some on here he’s a vindictive dictator so if that were true do you think he’s incapable of liquidating the club out of spite?

I have no idea,.....but it would be uneccessary,he will bring in an investor if he wants,what better time is there to buy? pandemic,Club in danger of relegation,etc etc Could buy it at a massive discount,and use the money saved in the purchase to invest in players.....

If PL status was achieved you would get your money back & more besides...

17 minutes ago, parajack said:

Another one .....There will be no investors,until the Club is put up for sale,which it currently isnt.....every Club just about on normal trading conditions could be described as you do....Football clubs in my view are rarely run as a viable business,they are more a rich man/womans plaything....How much for example does the Chelsea owner put in?...every season?

Only those PL Clubs which are a 'brand' as well as a Football club really make the mega bucks...SWFC would attract offers in my view for the reasons I have stipulated.

Investors don't wait for a club to be put "up for sale", clubs are always up for sale, they offer a price.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

With the right investment and leadership any club could "easily" achieve PL status.   

We are a Championship Club though arnt we mate? only one step down from the pl? thats the difference, it could potentially be done in one season......Same applys to maybe half a dozen Championship Clubs,,,,ie Wolves did it....

3 hours ago, morganowl said:

where are all these so called investers? they dont exist anymore nobody for a very long time is chucking money at football . only saudi oil sheiks have money now . its  a matter of hoping your owner pays the bills or you go bust .

There ain't a lot of money out here in Saudi at present either

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Investors don't wait for a club to be put "up for sale", clubs are always up for sale, they offer a price.

????   Simply not accurate mate in my view....people dont waste their time making random bids for Clubs wheres your evidence for such a statement?

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Yeah, OK

Not sure why your dragging your feet on this,its clearly doable,we very nearly did it already,PL Final & Semi Final under Chansiri why the skepticism?

No other leadership could equal what the current one did?

Just now, parajack said:

????   Simply not accurate mate in my view....people dont waste their time making random bids for Clubs wheres your evidence for such a statement?

That's how business is done someone wants something and offers a price and the owner either eventually accepts or declines the offer outright.   Some Investors will wait for an opportune time to make an offer.

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

That's how business is done someone wants something and offers a price and the owner either eventually accepts or declines the offer outright.   Some Investors will wait for an opportune time to make an offer.

Mate your making no sense whatsoever......IF the Chairman were to make it known he would like to move on,amongst the right circles,or to openly court a specific investor he had in mind,than we would have a better idea on the Clubs potential attractiveness

• Haha 1

Being a Sheffield Wednesday fanatic is a privilege and is in our DNA. We were born to be Wednesdayites and we will always be Wednesdayites whoever the suits in the Boardroom are for however long they are there.

We are the Mighty Wednesday,the first thought we have in the morning and the last at night. We arrange weddings, birthdays ,holidays and other inconvenient events around the fixture list. We take our children as soon as we can and we wax lyrically to anyone that will listen about the times we have had. I resent the way the present Chairman/Owner is,in my opinion, destroying and dismantling our heritage and I don't want him here , but I will not allow him to take our Club away from me. Keep the faith with the Mighty Wednesday because that is all that matters.

Rant over,just an opinion.

As I get older, it gets harder to convince myself that blindly following a company with so little regard for its customers because of some form of tribalism is all it's made out to be.

Honestly, you start to wonder if you really care what happens any more, it's not my football club any more, its Chansiris business and what do I care if his business fails or not, it's not like he's ever done anything for me.

I do however understand that its different when you are local. I live in London, the club is not part of my community and as we only.go a few times a year, it's not a way of life for me.

There is no other aspect of my life where I would use a company with so little regard for its customers and increasingly, SWFC is becoming another business that has no right to my money. If you buy something online and send it back then 6 months later are still trying to get your money back, you would never ever use them again yet some still excuse the club for taking so long to do the ST refunds.

The longer this approach goes on, the more people are going to have my opinion and if DC doesn't recognise this, I can't see how he will ever build and maintain his much talked about 'Wednesday Family'.

Just now, londonowl said:

As I get older, it gets harder to convince myself that blindly following a company with so little regard for its customers because of some form of tribalism is all it's made out to be.

Honestly, you start to wonder if you really care what happens any more, it's not my football club any more, its Chansiris business and what do I care if his business fails or not, it's not like he's ever done anything for me.

I do however understand that its different when you are local. I live in London, the club is not part of my community and as we only.go a few times a year, it's not a way of life for me.

There is no other aspect of my life where I would use a company with so little regard for its customers and increasingly, SWFC is becoming another business that has no right to my money. If you buy something online and send it back then 6 months later are still trying to get your money back, you would never ever use them again yet some still excuse the club for taking so long to do the ST refunds.

The longer this approach goes on, the more people are going to have my opinion and if DC doesn't recognise this, I can't see how he will ever build and maintain his much talked about 'Wednesday Family'.

Winning more games would help.