Tony Pulis post match comments

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Are you happy with what Van Aken has produced where Pulis has used him, or the fact he has still used Harris down the left and Reach down the right, or what exactly he has done with Paterson at times?

AFTER boasting in his first press conference that he’d stop Garry Monks tactic of playing players out of position 

That was one thing that really impressed and excited me when he promised he’d play players only in their proper positions 

Honestly not exaggerating when I say that I feel lied to

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Everywhere & nowhere said:

True but no less painful than tonight’s fiasco 

I lessened the pain by attaching a pineapple to a Bosch32v cordless drill and skimming it across my nose during the period running up to half time. Helped numb me. 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Are you happy with what Van Aken has produced where Pulis has used him, or the fact he has still used Harris down the left and Reach down the right, or what exactly he has done with Paterson at times?

Thought Van Aken was ok at the weekend. I don't think he's been any worse at left back. Than he's been at centre back. 

Certainly don't think he's been worse at left centre back than he was at right centre back. 

I think he's had no real choice with Patterson with the suspension to Windass and Rhodes being a bust flush.

As for Harris on the left and Reach on the right. I don't like it. But it's only been for short periods in games so far or when we were down to ten and opposite footing the wingers is a clear way of trying to narrow the midfield. 

I certainly think Reach has looked a better player since Pulis arrival than he's done for the past 18 months.

Indeed the delivery for the recent goals...from the left where he's mainly been used by Pulis....have been super.

4pgv6z.gif

4pguy5.gif

And something we've been criminally missing out on almost since he arrived after series of manager have used the poor goat all over the place.

I also think Harris has looked for more dangerous on the right. 

Edited by Lord Snooty

13 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Thought Van Aken was ok at the weekend. I don't think he's been any worse at left back. Than he's been at centre back. 

Certainly don't think he's been worse at left centre back than he was at right centre back. 

I think he's had no real choice with Patterson with the suspension to Windass and Rhodes being a bust flush.

As for Harris on the left and Reach on the right. I don't like it. But it's only been for short periods in games so far or when we were down to ten and opposite footing the wingers is a clear way of trying to narrow the midfield. 

I certainly think Reach has looked a better player since Pulis arrival than he's done for the past 18 months.

Indeed the delivery for the recent goals...from the left where he's mainly been used by Pulis....have been super.

4pgv6z.gif

4pguy5.gif

And something we've been criminally missing out on almost since he arrived after series of manager have used the poor goat all over the place.

I also think Harris has looked for more dangerous on the right. 

Thanks for posting the goals, cheered me up a bit. You're right, they are our best goals of the season so far from open play and show what Reach is capable of when properly used.

That's why I was optimistic we could get a result tonight against opposition that was weaker than the two you have shown above. 

3 hours ago, vulva said:

None of this is the fault of Pulis. This goes way back and you can’t blame a bloke who’s been here 5 minutes.

He’s been left a sack of poo that started filling up the day Jos was appointed. It’s going to take years to unwind, and anyone with half a brain can see that. 

This team has been assembled mainly by Jos and Monk and has been losing for nearly 3 years. 

It isn’t gonna turn around over night. 

We are the equivalent of the Titanic with DC as Captain Smith; who has frozen and  someone else needs to take charge. 

Pulis has been given the job to stop the ship sinking, but it’s too late, water has filled half of the boat, the engines fooked, and we don’t even have enough life boats. 

• Like 2

Set up tonight was always aimed at a 4 3 2 1.

Spent a few weeks trying to educate back from a 3 at back to a 4.

Borner going off changed plan. 

Luongo was taken off as he was adding nothing in the reformed 4 4 2.

Joey coukd sit and hold and bannan free ish role in front. 

Bannan won't be playing Saturday. 

Monk tells players that their Wednesday career is over earlier in the season, and he's blamed for poor man management after those players go on strike and form collapses.

Pulis does the same and is praised for telling it like it is.

6 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

I seem to remember Carvalhal getting absolutely crucified for the apparent ‘state he left us in’ 

Why is it Monks now getting a free pass on that subject? After this recruitment sheetshow which has landed us in this situation and got him the sack?

Great point

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

No I havnt..I watched it but it had radio Leeds commentary..and they wer perplexed by wednesdays performance tonight..almost mocking us ..they cudnt believe how we inept we looked

Where us fans have come to expect us being inept over the last few years. The state of apathy at this club is so very alarming.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

I seem to remember Carvalhal getting absolutely crucified for the apparent ‘state he left us in’ 

Why is it Monks now getting a free pass on that subject? After this recruitment sheetshow which has landed us in this situation and got him the sack?

Carlos spent tens of millions, Monk spent less than two million. Quid that is

Edited by Manwë

Guest Mcguigan
7 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I hope to god we have players announced as soon as the window opens. 

The laws of the game require any new signings, loan or permanent, to be registered and approved with the EFL.

An already strained relationship shows no sign of improvement as DC continues to poke them with a sharp pointy stick by withholding the 18/19 accounts, so what chances have we got of any new players being registered?

Pulis hasn’t done his homework on our financial state IMO.

To hear him talk about the transfer window in the context that he seems to be doing says it all.

In normal circumstances you can try to change things and build gradually. These aren’t normal circumstances.

With more than half the squad out of contract at the end of the season and virtually the whole squad out of contract in 18 months or so’s time, this is potentially the biggest test of Tony Pulis’ career at the back end of it.

I think we’ll see a shake up in January that none of us expect but it is extremely necessary. As some of these players need to be put out of their misery here. The vast majority have been here too long and it shows.

We still have a months worth of games before the window so it’s up to TP to fashion something tangible during this period to try to keep us in touch with the teams closest to us.

Either way change is coming.

8 hours ago, Onge said:

It's tiring without the ball - and we barely have any possession because we set ourselves up to defend. If the players are fatigued we're screwed with the busy Christmas period coming up. Either rotate more or try to take the game to the opposition - where we can dictate the tempo for once...

We havent played possession football for years, we have all on to string 3 passes together

31 minutes ago, Jim said:

To hear him talk about the transfer window in the context that he seems to be doing says it all.

In normal circumstances you can try to change things and build gradually. These aren’t normal circumstances.

With more than half the squad out of contract at the end of the season and virtually the whole squad out of contract in 18 months or so’s time, this is potentially the biggest test of Tony Pulis’ career at the back end of it.

I think we’ll see a shake up in January that none of us expect but it is extremely necessary. As some of these players need to be put out of their misery here. The vast majority have been here too long and it shows.

We still have a months worth of games before the window so it’s up to TP to fashion something tangible during this period to try to keep us in touch with the teams closest to us.

Either way change is coming.

Do we have any money to do this?