Tony Pulis post match comments

The appointment of Pulis shows that we don't have any sort of strategy at the club.

The best run clubs have a certain way of playing, all player recruitment is based around that style and they replace managers who will implement the style they want.

Monk wanted to play 3 at the back with wong backs, so we don't sign a left back, Pulis wants to play 4 at the back but no natural left back.

Our problem has been scoring goals, so we get a manager that has a reputation for making us hard to beat. We had 2 clean sheets in the matches before Pulis arrived.

They type of football Pulis is getting us to play wont keep us up. I hope that this is not his medium term plan.

I just hope we make some signings in January that Pulis wants so he can get us to play they way he actually wants us to play.

6 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

Just heard his interview.

”I don’t want to make excuses but these players are tired from the trip to Norwich”

🤔

I work in the NHS, I'm shattered after every shift but turn up everyday and give 100% shame the "footballers" cant, it must be shocking sat on a luxury coach/train for a few hours playing cards etc  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

And when Bannan jogged over from the right wing to the left wing to take a corner after messing about with Harris.

It took about 90 seconds to take the corner even though we were 2-0 down.

Have you ever seen a team show less intensity to get back into a game once they go behind?

At one point their keeper went to the corner flag to retrieve the ball. He came

back. Stopped for a drink. Put the ball down and just stood there. None of our players remonstrated with the ref. Must have took about 2 mins out the game. I thought my screen had froze at one point. Bizzarre 

53 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

The appointment of Pulis shows that we don't have any sort of strategy at the club.

The best run clubs have a certain way of playing, all player recruitment is based around that style and they replace managers who will implement the style they want.

Monk wanted to play 3 at the back with wong backs, so we don't sign a left back, Pulis wants to play 4 at the back but no natural left back.

Our problem has been scoring goals, so we get a manager that has a reputation for making us hard to beat. We had 2 clean sheets in the matches before Pulis arrived.

They type of football Pulis is getting us to play wont keep us up. I hope that this is not his medium term plan.

I just hope we make some signings in January that Pulis wants so he can get us to play they way he actually wants us to play.

Agree with most of that, but the depressing thing is that this is how Pulis wants to play. It doesn't get any more expansive or attacking than this. 

It's a very short term appointment, DC bet our championship status on this terrible appointment. Panic recruitment on the cards for January and whatever foundations Pulis is allowed to lay to suit his dogshit football, will take time to undo.

Much though I don't like Pulis, Chansiri is the problem. There is no vision or medium/long term planning, such as has been the problem during his entire tenure leading to gradual decline. Of course I want Pulis out of the club, but everytime we change manager has a lesser effect as the main problem remains.

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The form we were in when he was sacked was enough to keep us up

Under Pulis we're relegated - 100% with this form

Monk got 4 points in his final 6 games.

Pulis has got 3 in his first 6. 

Neither are good enough.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, full fathom five said:

We were relegated the moment DC decided to give Monk this season to waste what little money we had on ******** poor or injured players.

How much have the likes of Monk's "hungry, good eggs" contributed this season?

Dunkley, Marriott, Kachunga, Brown, Flint, Paterson, the resigning of Pelupessy, the youngsters we've seen nothing of and his coaching team, what a legacy.

All an absolute criminal waste of our very limited budget.

Will our chairman ever learn?

10 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Tens of millions on who?   Statistics please. 

Wages have obviously bogged us down, but coaches don't draw up contracts.  

Carlos had effectively unlimited backing, whether in terms of wages/fees.  Monk had next to nothing.

Carlos failed, Monk failed; that's the only comparison you can have between the two.