England men's fixtures omdt.

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Unpopular opinion but it feels like it’s Kane thinking he’s better than he is. He’s a deadly finisher, but hardly a midfield maestro linking play.

Hes done a few 1-2s with Son at Spurs where he’s dropped deep and it worked, doesn’t mean you can replicate that elsewhere 

Imagine Shearer trying it 

Yeh it's worked alright at times in a comparatively poor Spurs side. We don't need it at England with all out other playmakers. If Kane is playmaking then one of our world class playmakers isn't doing so. You're exactly right he thinks he's better than he is (in that role) 

16 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Unpopular opinion but it feels like it’s Kane thinking he’s better than he is. He’s a deadly finisher, but hardly a midfield maestro linking play.

Hes done a few 1-2s with Son at Spurs where he’s dropped deep and it worked, doesn’t mean you can replicate that elsewhere 

Totally agree with that.

21 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

To be fair, Shearer was brilliant at holding up the ball and linking play, but he knew that as soon as he’d passed it on to a midfielder, his job was to get in the box and put the ball in the net. Kane is an excellent finisher but tries to do too much IMO

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beswetherick said:

To be fair, Shearer was brilliant at holding up the ball and linking play, but he knew that as soon as he’d passed it on to a midfielder, his job was to get in the box and put the ball in the net. Kane is an excellent finisher but tries to do too much IMO

Shearer made it look so simple. Lay it off then move forward into space. 

Kane thinks he is Shearer and Sheringham combined 🙂

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

It’s a thankless task in that system last night. He needed more support, especially at home, in a friendly. Even a trial for 45 minutes wouldn’t hurt, with a quicker man playing off him. Copying Son’s position.

Vary it a bit. Keep the opposites guessing. 

11 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

It’s a thankless task in that system last night. He needed more support, especially at home, in a friendly. Even a trial for 45 minutes wouldn’t hurt, with a quicker man playing off him. Copying Son’s position.

Vary it a bit. Keep the opposites guessing. 

Yeah it did all seem very laboured last night. I’d like to see Kane focus on playing as a pure number 9 - we’ve got some great talent in the attacking midfield/wide forward positions and full backs who can bomb on and put good deliveries in for him - there’s just no need for him to play so deep and try to do everything.

Quite similar to Rooney in a way - just because he’s capable of playing as a deep lying striker/number 10 doesn’t mean it’s the best fit for this system when he’s our best finisher. You’ve got some really talented players behind you to create chances - just focus on putting the ball in the back of the net man!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Not bothered about Trent tbh, he always looks like he’s got a lapse of concentration/ mistake in him 

Overall Reece James is far more solid, can whip in a cross too 

I remember saying it months ago when we played a friendly or qualifier, but if Kane continues to drop deep for no reason than we won’t win anything as we won’t score enough goals 

Why is he doing that with all the creativity and talent we have in midfield? They need to sort this out in training 

Kane does some very strange things for England. 

Whether its Southgate telling him to do this, I'm not sure, but I want to see Tottenham Harry Kane in this tournament,  Not the 2016 Euros and 2018 WC  version. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

it's been happening forever with England. No need for it. If Kane can't stay up front we would be better off with an actual striker in there

I'd consider playing Kane as one of the 3 behind a forward 

Rice

Bellingham 

Sterling

Kane

Foden

Calvert Lewin

With the delivery of Trippier, James, Chilwell DCL would be a threat in the box 

1 hour ago, Bannofan said:

Kane does some very strange things for England. 

Whether its Southgate telling him to do this, I'm not sure, but I want to see Tottenham Harry Kane in this tournament,  Not the 2016 Euros and 2018 WC  version. 

Funny that, said same for a while. 
Although I do think he got injured in the group stage in Russia but played on through the knock out games, but contributed little, except from the spot. 
Fades away in the wrong system. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

I'd consider playing Kane as one of the 3 behind a forward 

Rice

Bellingham 

Sterling

Kane

Foden

Calvert Lewin

With the delivery of Trippier, James, Chilwell DCL would be a threat in the box 

I’ve gone off of DCL to be honest he couldn’t even get a shot off from his only chance yesterday. Also you gotta have Mount or grealish in there at least 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I’ve gone off of DCL to be honest he couldn’t even get a shot off from his only chance yesterday. Also you gotta have Mount or grealish in there at least 

Fair point. 

Mount has to start, for me it's Grealish or Foden for one spot, and rashford or sterling for the other wide spot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

For the last game I'd try something new

Henderson 

Trippier

Coady 

Mings

Shaw

Rice

Henderson 

Sancho

Kane