England men's fixtures omdt.

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

If he gets a free kick he will know if he converts it then he's probably in the squad, will be good to see if he can do it under England pressure. 

Indeed, however, I think there are lesser players picked for the squad that are there because they play for bigger teams.  

6 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Who like? I don't think Southgate has picked a squad to bad for that myself this time

Bellingham and Phillips and, arguably, Rice.  Also, Henderson is a real risk.  

Edited by shandypants

13 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Indeed, however, I think there are lesser players picked for the squad that are there because they play for bigger teams.  

10 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Who like? I don't think Southgate has picked a squad to bad for that myself this time

3 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Bellingham and Phillips and, arguably, Rice.  Also, Henderson is a real risk.  

Lee Dixon has just stated that Ward-Prowse is unlucky.  He possibly thinks the same as me.  

4 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

That delivery is why JWP should be in the squad 

Everything is going through him in open play and his delivery (from open and set play) is exceptional.  There isn't another player like him in the squad.  Henderson, Rice, Bellingham and Phillips are all too alike and Mount is an forward-cum-midfielder.  I would start Ward-Prowse.  

1 minute ago, beswetherick said:

Been very pedestrian, just like the game against Austria. I imagine they’re all trying to play it safe to avoid injury

Has Garry monk set them up?

8 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Everything is going through him in open play and his delivery (from open and set play) is exceptional.  There isn't another player like him in the squad.  Henderson, Rice, Bellingham and Phillips are all too alike and Mount is an forward-cum-midfielder.  I would start Ward-Prowse.  

He’s not doing his chances any harm, been impressed with his work rate off the ball too. For me it’s a no brainer to take him… even if he’s not going to start, those dead ball deliveries could be valuable in tight games