England men's fixtures omdt.

Guest T Hardy
12 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Unpopular opinion but it feels like it’s Kane thinking he’s better than he is. He’s a deadly finisher, but hardly a midfield maestro linking play.

Hes done a few 1-2s with Son at Spurs where he’s dropped deep and it worked, doesn’t mean you can replicate that elsewhere 

Imagine Shearer trying it 

I totally agree and this is why I think City won’t sign him. Guardiola doesn’t play out and out strikers and that’s what Kane is, one of the best strikers in the world no doubt, but does he have the technicality that a manager like Guardiola wants? I’m not sure. He’s a great goalscorer but take that away from his game what do you have? I see him at Man U 

Harry Kane got 17 assists this season just gone. 

He's an excellent footballer and has more than enough technical ability to play in Man City's team. 

Problem when he plays for England is he is dropping a bit too deep atm and not getting in the box. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Agree. 

Villa fans seem to rate Konsa higher too

Yep.

Surprised he wasn't given a chance.

A bit like Bamford should have been given a try in the previous squad.

Southgate clearly has his favs and you'll have to do something very special to sway him. Heck, the likes of Grealish and Trent had to convince him of their merits.

Just get thr sense he likes grafters and lads who won't speak up. Could be wrong on that, but that's my impression.

My team for tonight. 

Pickford

James

Stones

Mings

Shaw

Rice

Bellingham

Grealish

Mount

Foden

Kane

Henderson looks like he’ll get some game time which is great news. I do worry about that central defence partnership but Coady no better in my opinion. 

I wouldn’t be opposed to a 3 of the back as long as we don’t have 2 holding midfielders.

We have genuine wing backs in the squad and, an array of talent going forwards. 

Pickford

James

Walker

Stones

Mings

Chilwell

Rice

Bellingham

Foden

Mount

Grealish

Kane

Foden and Grealish to hug the width of the 18 yard box and, allow the fullbacks to get beyond them. I can see it working but, Kane  HAS to stay in the 18 yard box. We don’t need his creative ability in an England shirt, we’ve got bags of it elsewhere. Just put the ball in the net. 

31 minutes ago, Night King said:

My team for tonight. 

Pickford

James

Stones

Mings

Shaw

Rice

Bellingham

Grealish

Mount

Foden

Kane

Henderson looks like he’ll get some game time which is great news. I do worry about that central defence partnership but Coady no better in my opinion. 

It’s just said on SSN that no City or Chelsea players will take part again, which is odd. Eight days since the CL final & the last chance for the starting team v Croatia to start a match together  🤷🏻‍♂️

21 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

It’s just said on SSN that no City or Chelsea players will take part again, which is odd. Eight days since the CL final & the last chance for the starting team v Croatia to start a match together  🤷🏻‍♂️

Oh right. That seems a bit odd.

in that case

56 minutes ago, Night King said:

My team for tonight. 

Pickford

Trippier

Coady

Mings

Shaw

Rice

Bellingham

Sancho

Grealish

Rashford

Kane

51 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Good decision imo. Let them get some more rest. 

I'd only give limited minutes to Grealish, Kane and any Man Utd player too. 

On 03/06/2021 at 15:28, fudge27 said:

For the last game I'd try something new

Henderson 

Trippier

Coady 

Mings

Shaw

Rice

Henderson 

Sancho

Kane

Grealish

Rashford

Pre planned changes to have 

Mount for Kane

Foden for Grealish 

Ward Prowse for Henderson 

Stones for Coady

Other changes based on the day

Still this, except DCL for Kane and Lingard for Grealish

1 hour ago, fudge27 said:

Still this, except DCL for Kane and Lingard for Grealish

2 hours ago, 0wl18 said:

I wouldn’t be opposed to a 3 of the back as long as we don’t have 2 holding midfielders.

Pickford

James

Walker

Stones

Mings

Chilwell

Rice

Bellingham

Foden

Mount

Grealish

Kane

Foden and Grealish to hug the width of the 18 yard box and, allow the fullbacks to get beyond them. I can see it working but, Kane  HAS to stay in the 18 yard box. We don’t need his creative ability in an England shirt, we’ve got bags of it elsewhere. Just put the ball in the net. 

I’d fancy our chances to win the tournament if we’re allowed to pick 12 players!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 0wl18 said:

Pickford

James

Walker

Stones

Mings

Chilwell

Rice

Bellingham

Foden

Mount

Grealish

Kane

I’d fancy our chances if we’re allowed to pick 12 players!