Official Championship Thread 2020/21

TheEnchanter

Coventry v Watford is atrocious. Just like last nights game. Watford have Deeney, Sarr, Gray, Sema etc and have only managed 9 away goals all season. 

Surely the wider covid effect has been felt heavier by non Premiership clubs. The Championship thrives on the fact fans can edge games at home, and the players have lost all the adrenaline of playing in front of the fans. 

Never fell in with them

Like most exiles we grow to dislike the team closest to us

When they're not doing so well and become insignificant and most of them go back into their box it would then be Chelsea and Arsenal fans who become most irritating though

On 06/02/2021 at 14:24, scram said:

Never fell in with them

Like most exiles we grow to dislike the team closest to us

When they're not doing so well and become insignificant and most of them go back into their box it would then be Chelsea and Arsenal fans who become most irritating though

I had it in my head that you had a connection to em through work or summat. Weird. 

23 minutes ago, modboy said:

Barnsley embarrassing us.

Great managerial appointment and some class signings Inc that new defender from the USA 

Kind of, I mean they are set to finish on 64 points and around 12th-9th place. It's hardly embarrassing us though, we've done that ourselves. I guess they are pretty organised off the pitch these days it seems. 

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Kind of, I mean they are set to finish on 64 points and around 12th-9th place. It's hardly embarrassing us though, we've done that ourselves. I guess they are pretty organised off the pitch these days it seems. 

Bet their budget is a fraction of ours. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, modboy said:

Barnsley embarrassing us.

Great managerial appointment and some class signings Inc that new defender from the USA 

They have had a great season. Tbf they know their limitations, stick to a budget and sell players when they need to. Their last few appointments seem to have adhered to the same style, an approach more and more clubs are moving to. I think a lot of clubs of similar size to Brentford (I would actually say Barnsley are a bigger club than Brentford) will be looking at their example and fancying they can compete too.

• Like 1