One Game - One Win! Well done Garry Monk!

Give it a few games, we’ll be threatening teams and really looking like we’re having a go at them. Pinging shots in, a threat from set pieces, really on the front foot. Pressing hard, high tempo, and teams will be worried.

Oh actually no, no we won’t because we’ll continue to play this inept, toothless stuff we’ve been playing for 9 months. We’ll be as good as down by Christmas.

1 minute ago, slow83 said:

Give it a few games, we’ll be threatening teams and really looking like we’re having a go at them. Pinging shots in, a threat from set pieces, really on the front foot. Pressing hard, high tempo, and teams will be worried.

Oh actually no, no we won’t because we’ll continue to play this inept, toothless stuff we’ve been playing for 9 months. We’ll be as good as down by Christmas.

Bet ya we aren't.

Ok it wasn't a pretty game and there is lot of work still to do but it was game were some players made their debut. Playing together for the first time and playing most of the game without strikers. In the end we are through to the next round. Better champship teams aren't. I can understand being a bad loser but when we get a good result we have some winners too. 

• Like 1

All things considered, think the moral of the win does more than the performance. We looked comfortable, dominated possession, as would be expected playing lower league opposition, but never looked like scoring, which is disappointing, if not unexpected.

Dress it up anyway you want, but playing without any forwards is embarassing. Penney made an impression, thought he looked good and I prefer a natural left footer playing LWB. Brown also looked better when he dropped back deeper after Windass and Rhodes came on. 

All in all, steady. Showed glimpses of good play which is encouraging, but taken in context as a pre season game, ok. As a competitive cup game, poor. 

I was thinking how far we are away from being ready to play Cardiff, but then saw their result and some of the others, so maybe my perception harsh. That said, we go into the new season with with none of our forwards having had any real game time, so still difficult to see where a goal coming from. 

Edited by striker

I had a bet on Wednesday to win. I’ve just been to the bookies to collect my winnings and they refused to pay out!

Something about “Of course going through on penalties doesn’t count as a win you absolute cretin! Only an imbecile would think that!”

I showed them this thread but still no luck. They’re paying out on the draw apparently. 

I know, I’m as confused as the rest of you!

Edited by snaykz

Just now, snaykz said:

I had a bet on Wednesday to win. I’ve just been to the bookies to collect my winnings and they refused to pay out!

Something about “Of course going through on penalties doesn’t count as a win you absolute cretin! Only an imbecile would think otherwise!”

I showed them this thread but still no luck. They’re paying out on the draw apparently. 

I know, I’m as confused as the rest of you!

Ahhh man
Did you not show them Brammy's posts?

Owlstalk Shop

18 minutes ago, slow83 said:

Utter emotional nonsense

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Brammy said:

So if Josh Windass scores 2 against Cardiff next week, the stats will show him on 3 for the season will they?

Now who's straw clutching?

lol

Only difference is for some weird reason you're falling over yourself trying to find reasons to deny Sheffield Wednesday any success, credit or recognition for WINNING today

Don't you think that's a bit of a strange thing to do as a Wednesday fan?

Owlstalk Shop