One Game - One Win! Well done Garry Monk!

Penney stand out player , soon as he came on he added a threat running forward, finding space, crossing shooting, also linked up with izzy brown , great to see how he starts out first league game , 

Edited by Ruston83
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, snaykz said:

I don’t agree with those that say we never looked like scoring. I thought we were knocking on the door for the last 15 minutes, when we finally had some actual forwards up front and Brown more influential in his proper position.

I was impressed with Penney’s performance. I hope he’s played his way into the starting lineup next week.

It’s a shame that Monk didn’t make the changes 10 minutes earlier as I think we might have won the game instead of drawing, but I’m pleased we’re through. 

MONK’S RECORD THIS SEASON 

P1 W0 D1 L0

Knocking on the door? One shot on target in 95 minutes tells its own tale. Against fourth division opposition who hadn’t played since March. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Ruston83 said:

Penney stand out player , soon as he came on he added a threat running forward, finding space, crossing shooting, also linked up with izzy brown , great to see how he starts out first league game , 

Penny did more in the half hour he was on than the rest of them did in 90 minutes. 

1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

Looks after the ball and can see a pass he looks a footballer

If Izzy can spot a pass he will take some of the pressure of Bannan and give opposition teams more of a problem. Last season some teams pressed hard on Bannan and effectively took him out of the game. Much harder to do that with 2 quality passers.

I missed the game today so I'm not commenting on our performance.

2 hours ago, prowl said:

If Izzy can spot a pass he will take some of the pressure of Bannan and give opposition teams more of a problem. Last season some teams pressed hard on Bannan and effectively took him out of the game. Much harder to do that with 2 quality passers.

I missed the game today so I'm not commenting on our performance.

Most of our team missed the game too.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

I’ll be happy if you can still post this in two weeks after we’ve played Cardiff and Watford

I’m wondering how long this wave of euphoria he is riding will last too. Perhaps we could have a sweepstake to see how long it takes GM to break him

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Garry Monk's record this season  -  P1 W1 L0 
Goals Against - 0
Clean Sheet
Through to the next round

These replies started out funny, in an ironic sort of way, then they just got really sad.

I'd say that you support Wednesday like a parent supports a primary school team, but even they'd offer more criticism. 

GM: "Well done today, lads. Great win. See you all Monday."

"But, boss... We played crap, had no attacking threat, and dragged out a boring nil - nil draw against an average League 2 side..." 

GM: "Nonsense. ONE GAME. ONE CLEAN SHEET. ONE WIN. If you want to make comments like that, go play for the Blades." 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sykes said:

These replies started out funny, in an ironic sort of way, then they just got really sad.

I'd say that you support Wednesday like a parent supports a primary school team, but even they'd offer more criticism. 

GM: "Well done today, lads. Great win. See you all Monday."

"But, boss... We played crap, had no attacking threat, and dragged out a boring nil - nil draw against an average League 2 side..." 

GM: "Nonsense. ONE GAME. ONE CLEAN SHEET. ONE WIN. If you want to make comments like that, go play for the Blades." 

But we WON mate

Clean sheet
Away win
Through to the next round

Sorry you want me to pour hate on the club for it but I won't

Owlstalk Shop

8 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

I’ll be happy if you can still post this in two weeks after we’ve played Cardiff and Watford

It's like the old saying 'you can only beat the team put in front of you'

Yesterday we did just that

Let's hope we can keep this unbeaten run going now

Owlstalk Shop