One Game - One Win! Well done Garry Monk!

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Now who's straw clutching?

lol

Only difference is for some weird reason you're falling over yourself trying to find reasons to deny Sheffield Wednesday any success, credit or recognition for WINNING today

Don't you think that's a bit of a strange thing to do as a Wednesday fan?

Actually, all I did was point out that we hadn't scored. And I think everyone (including yourself) understood that I meant during open play. You chose to run with it in the way you did. Let's face it, if we'd have lost on penalties you would have dressed it up as them being a lottery, there'd have been no recognition for the opposition and rightly so because that's exactly what they are, a lottery.

Your other comments are a bit weird to be honest.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No mate you're right - we should do it all YOUR way and look only at Garry Monk's losses, we should only look at the form from January to April, and most important of all we should  all log onto the internet after we have WON a game, to stir up as much unhappiness and hate as possible towards the team/club

You do make me laugh. You are very difficult to argue with.

Anyway, I thought was was dreadful today. Worryingly so.

Let’s hope Monk’s unbeaten run continues and his tactical genius propels us up the table.

UTO.

#neilsnotmad #cultofmonk

6 minutes ago, Brammy said:

Actually, all I did was point out that we hadn't scored. And I think everyone (including yourself) understood that I meant during open play. You chose to run with it in the way you did. Let's face it, if we'd have lost on penalties you would have dressed it up as them being a lottery, there'd have been no recognition for the opposition and rightly so because that's exactly what they are, a lottery.

Your other comments are a bit weird to be honest.

Don’t come on here with your realistic comments you big hater.

35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ahhhh so that thing where everyone is saying we won the tie  - you know...  like everyone in football - they're just lying?

This site is full of pedants. Me amongst ‘em.

We didn’t win in 90 minutes. It’s a good job we can say we won the tie, cos we won’t be winning any silverware.

• Like 1

Really disappointed with that performance today, but a win is a win no matter how you scrape through. However, Walsall are not even a good L2 side and let me put it this way, if for instance we’d been playing Ryan Lowe's  Plymouth side today, we wouldn’t be progressing to the next round on penalties or otherwise. Monk seemed to be determined to attract criticism by starting without a recognised striker and whilst it seems clear that Rhodes isn’t in his plans, he should have selected him to at least put him in the shop window. Another flukey hat trick might have attracted some interest from another championship club with 30-40k a week to fritter away. 

• Like 1

Just now, Devonstrix said:

if for instance we’d been playing Ryan Lowe's  Plymouth side today, we wouldn’t be progressing to the next round on penalties or otherwise. 

That's like saying "Yeah we won the Sheffield Marathon but if we'd ran the New York marathon and jumped from the Brooklyn Bridge when the race reached that part, then we might have drowned"

We didn't play them

We played Walsall
We won
Clean sheet

Through to the next round
P1 W1 L0

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

We won today mate!

Aren't you happy that we won?

Simple Yes/No answer will do!

I look at the bigger picture. We were garbage, we have carried on where we finished last season. No improvement what so ever. Am I happy, No. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's like saying "Yeah we won the Sheffield Marathon but if we'd ran the New York marathon and jumped from the Brooklyn Bridge when the race reached that part, then we might have drowned"

We didn't play them

We played Walsall
We won
Clean sheet

Through to the next round
P1 W1 L0

No it’s not and you know it. It was an abysmally poor performance and we could have still been playing now and we still wouldn’t have scored. Surely, Monk's job was to get us out there against inferior opposition and get his side playing decent football, to give us some hope that the 12 point deficit is going to be overcome. I know it’s only a Mickey Mouse cup game, but I’m sure many of us won’t be feeling too confident about next weekends match. And yes, I realise that Cardiff were carp today as well.