One Game - One Win! Well done Garry Monk!

Just now, Devonstrix said:

Surely, Monk's job was to get us out there against inferior opposition and get his side playing decent football, to give us some hope that the 12 point deficit is going to be overcome. 

Nope

Not one bit
It's not his job to cater to fans that just want  to find reasons to pick holes in what he does  (we've seen that today since the match  finished)

It's his job to WIN GAMES

So....

Did we win today?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Nope

Not one bit
It's not his job to cater to fans that just want  to find reasons to pick holes in what he does  (we've seen that today since the match  finished)

So....

Did we win today?

So were ok as long as we play league two opposition and all the games go to penalties..

We need to lobby efl to change the rules.  Im sure they will be ok with this...   Thank god we werent relegated, we would be playing Walsall in league two next year..

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nope

Not one bit

So....

Did we win today?

I won’t ask you if you feel more confident about the season ahead after today, because your response is too predictable. I want Monk to succeed, but today’s team selection was bizarre and I feel that little more uneasy about the season ahead as a result. I know it’s fashionable to slate the Sky pundits, but they were just as incredulous as some of us. Hopefully, he has at least one more striker to join this week, before the real stuff starts. 

Just now, Devonstrix said:

I won’t ask you if you feel more confident about the season ahead after today, because your response is too predictable. I want Monk to succeed, but today’s team selection was bizarre and I feel that little more uneasy about the season ahead as a result. I know it’s fashionable to slate the Sky pundits, but they were just as incredulous as some of us. Hopefully, he has at least one more striker to join this week, before the real stuff starts. 

Did we play well -  NOPE
Did our starting line up seem odd? - YEP
Should we have strikers at the club? - YEP
Did we grind out a result? - YEP!
Did Garry Monk do his job today - YEP he WON
Do our fans always post that they don't care if the football is boring so long as we win - YEP
Do our fans always slate Jordan Rhodes? - YEP
Is it weird therefore to moan about Rhodes not  starting and us not playing well even though we won? - YEP

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Stop going back and forth with Neil, bloody feeding into his hands lol he knows we’re poo, he’s the site owner and is trying to drum up some positivity 

Being the site owner is irrelevant - totally completely irrelevant

Being a Wednesday FAN and SUPPORTER and wanting to be  positive after a WIN where we kept a clean sheet, won the first game of the season, went through to the next round should be what we are ALL doing - not just me

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Being the site owner is irrelevant - totally completely irrelevant

Being a Wednesday FAN and SUPPORTER and wanting to be  positive after a WIN where we kept a clean sheet, won the first game of the season, went through to the next round should be what we are ALL doing - not just me

You’re arguing about the wrong thing though. People aren’t not happy we’ve got through, they’re unhappy with the performance.

And it helps with more owlstalk readers you know it, deny it all you want lol 

Just now, FreshOwl said:

You’re arguing about the wrong thing though. People aren’t not happy we’ve got through, they’re unhappy with the performance.

And it helps with more owlstalk readers you know it, deny it all you want lol 

Nope - again you're wrong 

Makes no difference

I'm sticking up for the club / team /  manager who played poorly but still WON

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Not abysmal by any stretch, but not amazing either. The job was done all be it we laboured against a well organised Walsall team. FDB showed some nice touches but obviously needs more game time. Reach is never a striker and wish we wouldn’t play home up front. No surprise that we looked more of a threat when we had two natural forwards playing up top in Rhodes and Windass. Much tougher challenge next week, but expect we’ll raise our performance and we’ll need to for sure. We move on.

Edited by 109Waddle

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Those penalties we scored must all be in my imagination

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

How else would you describe someone  coming on making the  posts  you have after  we just  won away in the cup, kept a clean sheet and got  through to the next round?

Hang on.

If the penalties we scored count as goals, as per quote 1 in response to a

poster who said that we didn't score, then so do Walsall's 2, which means we didn't keep a clean sheet?

We either didn't score and kept a clean sheet, or we did score (4) but didn't keep a clean sheet (conceded 2)

It can't simultaneously be both 

• Love 1

I don’t agree with those that say we never looked like scoring. I thought we were knocking on the door for the last 15 minutes, when we finally had some actual forwards up front and Brown more influential in his proper position.

I was impressed with Penney’s performance. I hope he’s played his way into the starting lineup next week.

It’s a shame that Monk didn’t make the changes 10 minutes earlier as I think we might have won the game instead of drawing, but I’m pleased we’re through. 

MONK’S RECORD THIS SEASON 

P1 W0 D1 L0