The Thoughts of Garry Monk

6 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

I wonder what the likelihood of there being any match day tickets are this season. Personally I'd be surprised if anyone except season ticket holders get to see a game in person.

That may be the case. Boris thinks it's all going to be over by Xmas though. Again, time will tell. 

Anyone know if Monk mentioned if we might need to adjust our transfer plans?.... 

He seemed to get a bit waffley at that point didn’t he, which does hint at a lack of success in the market, but hopefully things will improve 

• Haha 1

We'll need approximately 60 goals to stay in this division, perhaps more. Who is going to score them? What is The Plan? Monk seemed pretty happy in that interview. Perhaps Chansiri has told him that he might not be sacked - even if we do go down.

I'm relatively realistic, I think - for a football fan. I won't mind relegation too much, so long as we have some unity, and we don't go bankrupt, of course.  We can always regroup in League One; then come back stronger, once this FFP punishment is behind us, and the supporters are allowed back through the turnstiles.

We will need to survive the 2020/21 season first, though. And it begins in less than three weeks. So, I'll ask again: who is going to score us some goals? All very well signing promising midfielders, talented wingers or leaders at the back but who is going to put the ball in the net? Tell me.

As things stand, Rhodes will need to average a goal a game, for the whole season. Wonder what he feels like right now...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I thought he played tight end for the Houston Oilers.

Maybe .......

I was being a dolly daydream there Sarge sorry  ..

I've been listening to a game show on the radio thats word associated based 

Soon as I saw the Lord Tight Aŕse Post I went for the Lube ......

22 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Every club in the history of football always gives out noises about how great the team spirit is and how everyone in unified like never before in pre season.

Frankly I am bored of it.

Totally.  I know its an in house interview, so hardly going to be taxing, but just the same old platitudes the everyone gives out.  Half of me enjoys listening to any update we put out, but most of the stuff we produce is so uninspiring.

The new players have to show they want to be here and have ambition...it sounds ok as he says it, but when you stop and think about what he says, it's totally meaningless.  The way he says it, he could have added that we always check new signings have a heart beat and two limbs as a prerequisite. Well done for not signing someone who doesn't want to be here or clearly has no ambition (tbf - maybe some past signings don't) but which club knowingly looks for these attributes.  Hopefully we are a little more insightful in practice, but from this clip, he gives me no confidence that he understands what he is talking about in any depth.  

• Like 1