Thoughts on the whole situation

4 hours ago, Manwë said:

Many Wednesday fans have got a weird aversion to Wednesday fans having a say about the Club, about holding the Club that we all pay in to to some account and public scrutiny.    

And then they ******** and moan on internet forums and at the match and at the pub about how points deductions, transfer embargoes, ticket prices, price of shirts, 150 Year shambles, 15+ year season tickets, scouting setup, quality of academy output, transfer policty etc 

Wednesday fans own Wednesday no more than we own any other business, but we can scrutinise and if mobilised, can offer a larger voice about concerns within the running of the business.   

Tell you what...you let us know what your plans are to " mobilise " and we'll see if it matches everyone else's 

• Haha 1

It's hard to contemplate getting rid of players like Bannan reach & Lee  but keeping Palmer Harris and Luongo wouldn't it be a better idea to keep the few decent players we've got & get some better player's to play with them  ?.

Maybe even identify and implement a system that suits the group. 

5 hours ago, DSandersonOWL said:

Every day I look on this site and pray that Monk has been asked to leave by mutual consent.

My big hope at the moment is that Bournemouth are going to save us.

While the stubbornness of Chansiri has earned us a reprieve from relegation this season his hanging on to a manager who has shown himself useless month after month, means the double jeopardy of 12 point sanction plus a loser as manager, could easily mean relegation next season.

Anyway I shall keep praying for salvation.

The best thing in my opinion is that we would have been better taking the points reduction this season.

We may well have bounced straight back but under the present ruling we will probably end up down there in 12months time

awful times ahead me thinks with Monk stood on the sideline and pellupessy doing his headless chicken act.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

Yeah because he thought he was doing the right thing at the time.

Unfortunately he didn't have the hindsight you are now using.

Maybe if he had an experienced football man as his advisor rather than a football agent, then maybe he wouldn't have made the bad decisions he has. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Maybe if he had an experienced football man as his advisor rather than a football agent, then maybe he wouldn't have made the bad decisions he has. 

I think this is where Bullen could be a massive asset, let Monk bring his own team in and move Bullen up to DOF and advisor to Chansiri.

Chansiri obviously trusts Bullen, Bullen knows this club inside out and will know how to get the fans on board, galvanise the club and the fan base.  

He certainly needs a football man next to him not an agent etc... 

2 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I think this is where Bullen could be a massive asset, let Monk bring his own team in and move Bullen up to DOF and advisor to Chansiri.

Chansiri obviously trusts Bullen, Bullen knows this club inside out and will know how to get the fans on board, galvanise the club and the fan base.  

That's not what a director of football does

That's 'head of light entertainment'

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Bulgaria
3 hours ago, room0035 said:

Or Lost where after 7 or 8 series they had all died and it had been a 7 year dream, or in our case a 5 year knightmare :duntmatter:

I watched lost, did the box series, took over my life for about 2 months.

If someone said to me now...." So what happened"

I would say " I've absolutely no fecking idea!!!

5 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Yeah because he thought he was doing the right thing at the time.

Unfortunately he didn't have the hindsight you are now using.

It’s not hindsight that he should have been using, it’s foresight.

If he thought that buying a ground that he already owned , registering the “ sale” in completely the wrong year and not paying for it anyway was the right thing to do then maybe we are well within our rights to question his methodology.

1 hour ago, scilly owl said:

It’s not hindsight that he should have been using, it’s foresight.

If he thought that buying a ground that he already owned , registering the “ sale” in completely the wrong year and not paying for it anyway was the right thing to do then maybe we are well within our rights to question his methodology.

8AEB4B06-3441-488F-9689-6F89A2201CB0.gif

Owlstalk Shop

My reasoning for Bannan going is for me he is detrimental to how we play.  People keep quoting hi stats but he passes a lot of balls sideways and backwards and its easy to look ok in a poor team.    His tackling is poor most of the time.   His dead ball and crossing are not great and actually this season his goal return isn't good.  We need fresh ideas in midfield.