Away shirt

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

did vary it a few times in the late 60s ........

soccer-football-league-division-one-west-ham-united-v-sheffield-wednesday-GA07RB.jpg

From memory that was a third strip.  First used at Blackburn, had to be purchased from a local sports shop due to ref saying white clashed with the home kit.  Hence the Blackpool style tangerine. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sham67 said:

From memory that was a third strip.  First used at Blackburn, had to be purchased from a local sports shop due to ref saying white clashed with the home kit.  Hence the Blackpool style tangerine. 

that was taken at west ham in  the 69/70  season which was fants last game for us .....the blackburn clash makes sense but that would have been 3 season previous ......no idea why they would wear orange and not the white  at west ham  

Just now, torryowl said:

that was taken at west ham in  the 69/70  season which was fants last game for us .....the blackburn clash makes sense but that would have been 3 season previous ......no idea why they would wear orange and not the white  at west ham  

I've no idea why they wouldn't play in blue and white at West Ham. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sham67 said:

I've no idea why they wouldn't play in blue and white at West Ham. 

strange in it .....you couldnt buy kits back then so it wasnt as if they were promoting it ......i dont like mysteries and usually search high and low to solve if i can  but  this is one i think we'll struggle to answer 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Is it just me that thinks this will be really hard for the players to see each in the grey? I always prefer a neon bright version

Didn't sir Alex say that about man Utd when they were on a losing streak? Mark Hughes also said no team as ever achieved anything wearing grey.

I think it's daft having blue on the away kit, given its to change from a clash with our home kit. Which is blue. 

Like a yellow shirt but don't really care what colour the away is as long as it isn't neon like the pokers have had before. 

In all honesty I wouldn't even care if the away kit was red. 

Edited by MrEdwards