Away shirt

I know it may sound like i'm not prepared to move with the times or accept change but our forthcoming away shirt? To me Wednesday's away shirt should be yellow edged with blue. The new grey one looks okay but it doesn't scream Wednesday. Our blue & white striped home shirt and a yellow away shirt is traditionally what we're known and recognised for. It's our uniform. I know some may say the stripes etc weren't how we started out but if you ask an everyday man in the street no matter where in the country to describe Wednesday's kits both home and away and I guarantee the majority will say blue & white home and yellow away. Some on here have said for a while now that we are losing our identity well if that's the case then let's start by keeping our recognised colours to at least preserve that part. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, RevOwl said:

I know it may sound like i'm not prepared to move with the times or accept change but our forthcoming away shirt? To me Wednesday's away shirt should be yellow edged with blue. The new grey one looks okay but it doesn't scream Wednesday. Our blue & white striped home shirt and a yellow away shirt is traditionally what we're known and recognised for. It's our uniform. I know some may say the stripes etc weren't how we started out but if you ask an everyday man in the street no matter where in the country to describe Wednesday's kits both home and away and I guarantee the majority will say blue & white home and yellow away. Some on here have said for a while now that we are losing our identity well if that's the case then let's start by keeping our recognised colours to at least preserve that part. 

Think it is time you to move on!! 

51 minutes ago, RevOwl said:

Sorry but it's not yellow

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RevOwl said:

Yes, the classic yellow away shirt that we wore all the way to Wembley in 66. That was white.

The classic yellow away kit for the Blackburn semi. That was black.

You are not talking about Wednesdays identity mate, its your own bias based upon when you were born.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, RevOwl said:

It's not that you're unwilling to accept change so much as you're unwilling to notice the obvious truth of the matter: yellow is just one of many different coloured away shirts we've used over the years.

We've had white, grey, silver, green, orange, sky blue, and black away shirts during my time watching Wednesday.

• Like 2

When I first started going or remember going, Wednesday wore the plain shirt, which I do tend to associate Wednesday with, having said that I do prefer the stripes (the confused generation).

The away kit in my mind is yellow, but my big bug bear is the away team wearing their away kit when they don't clash with the home team.

We all have our little foible's.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Spookone said:

It may be a lot of things but classy certainly isn't one of them - it's very yellow though lol

17 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Simple and classy

1539.jpg.b5ce3a79c380f128b5ee42f684936ba2.jpg

Jesus.

Just top it off with a Terry Curran perm and you're done.

If you never got out of the 1970's.....

• Haha 2

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

When I first started going or remember going, Wednesday wore the plain shirt, which I do tend to associate Wednesday with, having said that I do prefer the stripes (the confused generation).

The away kit in my mind is yellow, but my big bug bear is the away team wearing their away kit when they don't clash with the home team.

We all have our little foible's.  

Interesting that the blue 'Arsenal' kit sticks in the mind but not the white away kit we wore till 1973.

Me too. Maybe I didn't go to away games till mid 70's 

I like yellow away too but am happy to have other colours for the  away kits as it doesn't really matter. As long as it's not red I'm happy.

Home kit must be blue and white stripes though. That is our recognised kit and we shouldn't change that.

As for the away kit, at least it is not this;

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://talksport.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2020/07/sheffield-united-20-21-home-away-kits-3.jpg?strip%3Dall%26w%3D800%26quality%3D100&imgrefurl=https://talksport.com/football/725609/sheffield-united-kits-2020-21-new-home-away-shirt-leaked/&tbnid=PJ2m9FfYK4HnMM&vet=1&docid=aHjTirQJZCxq1M&w=800&h=800&q=new+sheffield+united+kit+2020/21&hl=en-GB&source=sh/x/im

1 minute ago, Nero said:

Interesting that the blue 'Arsenal' kit sticks in the mind but not the white away kit we wore till 1973.

Me too. Maybe I didn't go to away games till mid 70's 

I didn't start going to the away games till the late 70s, it's as you say you are often moulded by the comforting biases you have held since you were a youngster.

22 minutes ago, apswfcowl said:

I like yellow away too but am happy to have other colours for the  away kits as it doesn't really matter. As long as it's not red I'm happy.

Home kit must be blue and white stripes though. That is our recognised kit and we shouldn't change that.

As for the away kit, at least it is not this;

image.jpeg.6b6af200cd56937e6d2c41fc6fc3c370.jpeg

That (I fixed the photo for you) looks quite nice apart from the pig badge and sponsor’s logo.