OK, Managers names who you think will DEFFINATELY come

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

indeed it is all the players fault, Monk is the great manager in the history of the club.

The Chairman has been very unlucky with his recruitment, players, sponsors, the governing body, the agents, other managers, the club staff, the fans. he has only been at the club for 5 years so is still learning how to run the club, the £100m+ losses is not his fault others have given him bad advise.

It is amazing that both Monk and DC have managed to do the amazing jobs they have with everything against them.

:duntmatter:

Cut & paste me any post of yours before Xmas,where you thought Monk was a bad Manager & the wrong appointment,& its game ,set,& match to you.....Your other points in my view,are bang on the money...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, striker said:

Not sure we've been embargoed since Monk arrived and everyone has had covid to deal with, apart from that some fair points. I agree Monk hasn't been dealt a good hand, but he hasn't played it well either. 

I've been reluctant to call for his head, but the bottom line is results haven't been good enough, by a long way. 

As he's touted on here, compare and contrast with Paul Cook. Wigan's adversity was/is far greater than ours and they have managed to put in performances and points of the board. 

You make some good points but as others have said COOK had his own staff,and 3 Years at Wigan.I dont know if Monk can turn around Wednesday...What i do know is it was only Big Dave & Lucas's goals that kept us in the Championship in Jos time,& the warning signs in the Club,& the squad,in my view pre date Monk.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, parajack said:

Cut & paste me any post of yours before Xmas,where you thought Monk was a bad Manager & the wrong appointment,& its game ,set,& match to you.....Your other points in my view,are bang on the money...

I said Monk was the wrong manager when we got him, Gary Rowett was out of a job and was the perfect candidate but our chairman likes to play Championship manager with the team and it is the problem why we are run so badly.

Monk track record to date is were he has money Swansea, Leeds he last a season maybe more, spends a lot achieves very little, Middlesboro in his short time their he alienate the clubs best players then moved on and since those same players have been the reason Boro have maintained their league status. He had no money at Birmingham but Redknapp previously had spent £30m+ assembling a decent squad, he did ok in difficult circumstances and was probably the reason DC gave him the job knowing that we could have the same issue this season. But to come out in January and tell half your squad they would be gone in the summer was probably the most stupid action of any manager to every manage Sheffield Wednesday FC.

Just now, room0035 said:

I said Monk was the wrong manager when we got him, Gary Rowett was out of a job and was the perfect candidate but our chairman likes to play Championship manager with the team and it is the problem why we are run so badly.

Monk track record to date is were he has money Swansea, Leeds he last a season maybe more, spends a lot achieves very little, Middlesboro in his short time their he alienate the clubs best players then moved on and since those same players have been the reason Boro have maintained their league status. He had no money at Birmingham but Redknapp previously had spent £30m+ assembling a decent squad, he did ok in difficult circumstances and was probably the reason DC gave him the job knowing that we could have the same issue this season. But to come out in January and tell half your squad they would be gone in the summer was probably the most stupid action of any manager to every manage Sheffield Wednesday FC.

still waiting for the cut & paste....Monk at Leeds? Monks record at Leeds(as an example) was better than any previous incumbent in the last 10 years.(prior to their current manager) more to the point,in terms of our current situation,he was able to deal with a points deduction at Birmingham,and keep his side in the Championship.He has done the same with Wednesday....

Monk can hardly be blamed for the EFL not sorting this(even yet) and leaving a Q mark over the Club...Monk was Manager or the entire season,& us having enough points to easily stay up.Boro? players the reason they stayed up? Boro didnt have to change managers to stay up than,and bring in Colin?....

8 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

He fails some of the tests which apparently demonstrate why Monk should not have been given the job such as multiple sackings and 'no track record of success' TM.

Rowett record at both Birmingham and Burton were pretty good, his record at derby was ok and he did badly at Stoke, though no one has done anything at Stoke since Pulis left. Pulis to Stoke was like Kinear to the Old Wimbledon there style of play just worked with the team. A bit like Man Utd since Ferguson has left many many good managers have failed miserably.

Rowett for me was a better choice and I remember seeing him on sky and he genuinely wanted the job. 

But that as they say is history it is where we go from here, if Monk states then the chairman needs to back him to rebuild, if he leaves he needs to go know to give the next bloke time to rebuild. 

We have show with the squad we currently have we are relegation fodder a lot of work is needed.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Rowett record at both Birmingham and Burton were pretty good, his record at derby was ok and he did badly at Stoke...

Not exactly a ringing endorsement. And certainly not distinct from the bloke who apparently was a terrible choice on that basis.

45 minutes ago, parajack said:

still waiting for the cut & paste....Monk at Leeds? Monks record at Leeds(as an example) was better than any previous incumbent in the last 10 years.(prior to their current manager) more to the point,in terms of our current situation,he was able to deal with a points deduction at Birmingham,and keep his side in the Championship.He has done the same with Wednesday....

Monk can hardly be blamed for the EFL not sorting this(even yet) and leaving a Q mark over the Club...Monk was Manager or the entire season,& us having enough points to easily stay up.Boro? players the reason they stayed up? Boro didnt have to change managers to stay up than,and bring in Colin?....

I haven't got a clue how I cut and paste an old article I have posted over 6,500 post I am not search through them so if you want to you are welcome.

See if you can find the one where I said we only sign Abdi to make Fessi happy I have been slated once or twice on that one too.

8 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Not exactly a ringing endorsement. And certainly not distinct from the bloke who apparently was a terrible choice on that basis.

It better than sacked by Swansea, from Leeds Left to Boro, Sacked by Boro, Sacked by Birmingham and SWFC we wait and see.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

It better than sacked by Swansea, from Leeds Left to Boro, Sacked by Boro, Sacked by Birmingham and SWFC we wait and see.

Is it? 

Looks to me more like arguing the difference between six, two threes and half a dozen.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Is it? 

Looks to me more like arguing the difference between six, two threes and half a dozen.

Looks to me like you are very pro Monk good luck to you.

Me personally I prefer Gary Rowett.

If we compare them with their appointments this season  not taking into account the players at Millwall on paper being classed as not as good as owes

Monk played 44, won 14, drew 11, lost 19, points 53 from 132  that's 14 threes and 11 ones and 19 nones

Rowett played 35, won 15, drew 11, lost 9, points 56 from 105 that's 15 three, 11 ones and 9 nones.

So this season Rowett has more points than monk in 9 less games, if Rowett had been with us for 44 games he would have got 70 points or 17 points more than Monk which would have put us in the play offs in 5th or 6th on 73 points. But more importantly 25 points above the bottom 3 and even with a 21 points deduction we would still be in the championship at the worst next season if not fighting it out for promotion

but as you there is nothing between the two of them. 

58 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Yep & IF Pearson were to come(my choice if Monk leaves.well i can dream eh? )He TOO would have a history of leaving or being sacked ......Just how the game is what Manager DOESNT  have that in their background?....Some very big names around who have been 'sacked' many times

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

I haven't got a clue how I cut and paste an old article I have posted over 6,500 post I am not search through them so if you want to you are welcome.

See if you can find the one where I said we only sign Abdi to make Fessi happy I have been slated once or twice on that one too.

Just search for "Garry Monk" appointed as swfc manager "owlstalk" there are numerous threads about it/him. 

Guest everydays_wednesday
On 22/07/2020 at 22:08, Tea Baggins said:

Take Cowley's.

Give them time and free reign on transfers.

Get rid of other coaching staff they don't want.

See what you are saying however, doesnt exactly the same apply to Monk?

Guest everydays_wednesday
1 hour ago, parajack said:

Yep & IF Pearson were to come(my choice if Monk leaves.well i can dream eh? )He TOO would have a history of leaving or being sacked ......Just how the game is what Manager DOESNT  have that in their background?....Some very big names around who have been 'sacked' many times

Jose Mourinho

Carlo Ancelloti

Brendan Rodgers

All been sacked but think would take a punt 🙂

the first thing a Manager knows when they take a job is it is 95% certain they will be sacked.