OK, Managers names who you think will DEFFINATELY come

1 hour ago, parajack said:

But blow by blow,thats a pretty accurate description of MONK....isnt that what he has done here,called out the Players he thought were lacking? & the teams lacklustre performances and WHY?

It was LONG overdue yet we STILL get fans yearning for the return of alleged aging,injury prone Players,& ex Players....JOS was right,we the fans  ARE living in the pasty(Past obviously,but it looked too funny to change....Maybe its right..PASTY  it is than ...)

We WERE a 'Big Club',now it seems to me we are a 'BIG JOKE' certainly pundits delight at having a laugh at us..some current and ex Players allegedly laughing all the way to the Bank....(and into alleged mediocre obscurity  after leaving) lets face it, Real Madrid aint coming in for any of em..

Manager is going to need  FIVE YEARS not 1 Season,dont know if Monk will get (or want,would you?) the opportunity..My choices? from:

Monk (still think he deserves a fair chance)

Cook proven in this & lower division

Pearson.(Big Wednesday legend,and character)

Holloway (cant understand why he isnt managing)

Colin

Not in any order...

But IRRELEVANT if the Club set up remains the same....just be a different person to blame....

Holloway is managing......................................at Grimsby town.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, parajack said:

NO mate in  the current situation,no one(maybe journo's excepted?) knows the full story of whats gone off at Hillsboro...Even on what we do know,going back to Jos time,there were major alleged issues in the dressing room.Big alleged 'ego's players being dropped,others shipped out...Big name players brought in and not performing,others 'injured' and unavailable,,,On top of that we have embargo on transfers,loans only(really) & Covid 19 season disruption.

Than we have the season delayed,players not signing contracts (and thus denying Monk again)..and all of this with the threat of relegation and a points deduction hanging over the club.FINALLY we have players many of whom were coming to the end of their contracts & knowing the gravy train had stopped.

What Manager realistically could be expected to get results with all of those factors? The boil needed lancing the players simply didnt have the bottle to compete in my view.Didnt have it against Hull,same against Huddersfield,and didnt have it again now.....

But Monk has got the worst from them.

9 hours ago, parajack said:

NO mate in  the current situation,no one(maybe journo's excepted?) knows the full story of whats gone off at Hillsboro...Even on what we do know,going back to Jos time,there were major alleged issues in the dressing room.Big alleged 'ego's players being dropped,others shipped out...Big name players brought in and not performing,others 'injured' and unavailable,,,On top of that we have embargo on transfers,loans only(really) & Covid 19 season disruption.

Than we have the season delayed,players not signing contracts (and thus denying Monk again)..and all of this with the threat of relegation and a points deduction hanging over the club.FINALLY we have players many of whom were coming to the end of their contracts & knowing the gravy train had stopped.

What Manager realistically could be expected to get results with all of those factors? The boil needed lancing the players simply didnt have the bottle to compete in my view.Didnt have it against Hull,same against Huddersfield,and didnt have it again now.....

Not sure we've been embargoed since Monk arrived and everyone has had covid to deal with, apart from that some fair points. I agree Monk hasn't been dealt a good hand, but he hasn't played it well either. 

I've been reluctant to call for his head, but the bottom line is results haven't been good enough, by a long way. 

As he's touted on here, compare and contrast with Paul Cook. Wigan's adversity was/is far greater than ours and they have managed to put in performances and points of the board. 

9 hours ago, parajack said:

NO the PLAYERS failed,again & again Experienced pro's making basic errors and giving away goals,missing 'sitters' thats not down to the Manager,NO Manager coach's players to do that.....

If the players fail the manager fails. Monk is an experienced pro making basic errors. It's a results based business, HE COULDN'T GET THE RESULTS, THE BUCK STOPS WITH HIM END OF.

Easy this shouting lark innit

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, striker said:

Not sure we've been embargoed since Monk arrived and everyone has had covid to deal with, apart from that some fair points. I agree Monk hasn't been dealt a good hand, but he hasn't played it well either. 

I've been reluctant to call for his head, but the bottom line is results haven't been good enough, by a long way. 

As he's touted on here, compare and contrast with Paul Cook. Wigan's adversity was/is far greater than ours and they have managed to put in performances and points of the board. 

I like Cook but he has had 3 years to put his coaches and squad together at Wigan.

Hardly reasonable to compare that to Monks tenure here

• Like 1

11 hours ago, parajack said:

But blow by blow,thats a pretty accurate description of MONK....isnt that what he has done here,called out the Players he thought were lacking? & the teams lacklustre performances and WHY?

It was LONG overdue yet we STILL get fans yearning for the return of alleged aging,injury prone Players,& ex Players....JOS was right,we the fans  ARE living in the pasty(Past obviously,but it looked too funny to change....Maybe its right..PASTY  it is than ...)

We WERE a 'Big Club',now it seems to me we are a 'BIG JOKE' certainly pundits delight at having a laugh at us..some current and ex Players allegedly laughing all the way to the Bank....(and into alleged mediocre obscurity  after leaving) lets face it, Real Madrid aint coming in for any of em..

Manager is going to need  FIVE YEARS not 1 Season,dont know if Monk will get (or want,would you?) the opportunity..My choices? from:

Monk (still think he deserves a fair chance)

Cook proven in this & lower division

Pearson.(Big Wednesday legend,and character)

Holloway (cant understand why he isnt managing)

Colin

Not in any order...

But IRRELEVANT if the Club set up remains the same....just be a different person to blame....

Look at the attached link this is the championship table since Christmas, you what ever marker you want but the simple facts are the changes monk has made have lead to the team being relegation fodder.

He got rid of senior players and put inferior players in their places, he change his team every game, he played too many players out of form but others were given one chance the dropped he has made so many errors I cannot be bother to list them.

Of the attached we sit 23rd 17 points from 63 of the team in the bottom 7 - 4 have sacked their managers for under performing, One is in financial issues, one has been relegated but could be due to have financial issues and the other one is us in trouble with the EFL and at war with itself.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-championship-table-christmas-4358806

Look keep monk if you want we either get relegated this season by the EFL or next season because Monk is not competent to run our club. He lets his ego get in the way of doing what is best for the football club.

Edited by room0035

14 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I like Cook but he has had 3 years to put his coaches and squad together at Wigan.

Hardly reasonable to compare that to Monks tenure here

True, but in that time they've been promoted from league 1, consolidated in the championship and finished above us (on merit, excluding points deduction) this season. 

I dont disagree that time is a valuable commodity, but is it something Monk has earned, based on results?

Also fair to factor in that Monk doesn't stay in jobs too long, no significant prior experience of building squads over time, if given. 

As I said, not anti Monk for the sake of it, but taking Cook as an isolated example, he is a better manager IMO.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Look at the attached link this is the championship table since Christmas, you what ever marker you want but the simple facts are the changes monk has made have lead to the team being relegation fodder.

He got rid of senior players and put inferior players in their places, he change his team every game, he played too many players out of form but others were given one chance the dropped he has made so many errors I cannot be bother to list them.

Of the attached we sit 23rd 17 points from 63 of the team in the bottom 7 - 4 have sacked their managers for under performing, One is in financial issues, one has been relegated but could be due to have financial issues and the other one is us in trouble with the EFL and at war with itself.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-championship-table-christmas-4358806

Look keep monk if you want we either get relegated this season by the EFL or next season because Monk is not competent to run our club. He lets his ego get in the way of doing what is best for the football club.

All i can say to you,is that the alleged 'bad smell' permeating from the Hillsboro dressing rooms was becoming overpowering ,was identified as such by Joss,(but clearly allegedly started in Carlos time) and had to be dealt with.

The evidence was there to see on the Pitch,game after game,...We will agree to disagree....Players 'out of form'?? What does that mean? Why not ask WHY said players were 'out of form'? WHY 'senior' Players were dropped(I Jos case for kids?)

Stats meaningless,may as well publish stats from when we were third,THAT wouldnt prove Monk a good Manager,any more than your prove him a bad one.

His contract was for a season,myself ime not even convinced he wants to stay....One thing is for sure,that dressing room was allegedly 'broken' and needed sorting.IF Monk leaves,he will have kept us up(on results) Cleared out the Players,and set the Club up for its next step.(only the EFL can relegate usl)

Points deduction was always coming,and are you REALLY telling me you think this group of players had the fight to overcome that in season 20/21? I respect your view,WAWAW? but i simply(with respect) dont agree...IF ONLY the 'Players' had half the passion of the fans

9 minutes ago, parajack said:

All i can say to you,is that the alleged 'bad smell' permeating from the Hillsboro dressing rooms was becoming overpowering ,was identified as such by Joss,(but clearly allegedly started in Carlos time) and had to be dealt with.

The evidence was there to see on the Pitch,game after game,...We will agree to disagree....Players 'out of form'?? What does that mean? Why not ask WHY said players were 'out of form'? WHY 'senior' Players were dropped(I Jos case for kids?)

Stats meaningless,may as well publish stats from when we were third,THAT wouldnt prove Monk a good Manager,any more than your prove him a bad one.

His contract was for a season,myself ime not even convinced he wants to stay....One thing is for sure,that dressing room was allegedly 'broken' and needed sorting.IF Monk leaves,he will have kept us up(on results) Cleared out the Players,and set the Club up for its next step.(only the EFL can relegate usl)

Points deduction was always coming,and are you REALLY telling me you think this group of players had the fight to overcome that in season 20/21? I respect your view,WAWAW? but i simply(with respect) dont agree...IF ONLY the 'Players' had half the passion of the fans

indeed it is all the players fault, Monk is the great manager in the history of the club.

The Chairman has been very unlucky with his recruitment, players, sponsors, the governing body, the agents, other managers, the club staff, the fans. he has only been at the club for 5 years so is still learning how to run the club, the £100m+ losses is not his fault others have given him bad advise.

It is amazing that both Monk and DC have managed to do the amazing jobs they have with everything against them.

:duntmatter:

2 hours ago, full fathom five said:

If the players fail the manager fails. Monk is an experienced pro making basic errors. It's a results based business, HE COULDN'T GET THE RESULTS, THE BUCK STOPS WITH HIM END OF.

Easy this shouting lark innit

Individual words highlighted in capitols, ISNT shouting!!!!.....there is no way to persuade you of my view,or me to be persuaded by yours.Buck ALWAYS stops with the Manager,for Player failure on the pitch.(look at Pearson,or the Cowleys)

Is it either of their fault for the situation the Clubs were/are in?(Pearson especially did a spectacular job,and may well have kept Watford up had he remained) We agree to disagree.but Monk shouldnt be held responsible for a situation like the one at Hillsborough.(lt was long coming)

Edited by parajack