OK, Managers names who you think will DEFFINATELY come

7 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

Hughton taking the Bristol City job, shows how far we have fallen.

Don't see it at all like that, we asked, he said no, the fact that he now decides a championship job is his best route back into the game, says more about him than anything. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, room0035 said:

Looks to me like you are very pro Monk good luck to you.

Me personally I prefer Gary Rowett.

If we compare them with their appointments this season  not taking into account the players at Millwall on paper being classed as not as good as owes

Monk played 44, won 14, drew 11, lost 19, points 53 from 132  that's 14 threes and 11 ones and 19 nones

Rowett played 35, won 15, drew 11, lost 9, points 56 from 105 that's 15 three, 11 ones and 9 nones.

So this season Rowett has more points than monk in 9 less games, if Rowett had been with us for 44 games he would have got 70 points or 17 points more than Monk which would have put us in the play offs in 5th or 6th on 73 points. But more importantly 25 points above the bottom 3 and even with a 21 points deduction we would still be in the championship at the worst next season if not fighting it out for promotion

but as you there is nothing between the two of them. 

How can you be sure of that?.

If only Football was so predictable.

Dont forget, the Owls were far better on paper than Dem Blunts when they hammered us 2-4, but they were a much better team, where we were just a group of talented individuals, masquerading as a team.

Edited by adelphi1867

10 hours ago, room0035 said:

If we compare them with their appointments this season  not taking into account the players at Millwall on paper being classed as not as good as owes

No we just proper over egg our players. Wallace and Romeo probably as good as anything we got.

Edited by pazowl55

8 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Apparently Mick Mccarthy applied for the Bristol job .

Get him now give him 2 years then a move upstairs if he's successful. 

A few questions..

1) Has he ever pulled a club back once it's started to slide under his reign?
2) Has he ever been sacked? 
3) Does he have a record of getting sacked before turning a club around?

If so he can't come - under the rules set out by the Monk Hate Festival Organisers

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

A few questions..

1) Has he ever pulled a club back once it's started to slide under his reign?
2) Has he ever been sacked? 
3) Does he have a record of getting sacked before turning a club around?

If so he can't come - under the rules set out by the Monk Hate Festival Organisers

Colin's too old and a pig

Cabbage head ain't coming back.

After that who has the best record at this level. 

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
13 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Not exactly a ringing endorsement. And certainly not distinct from the bloke who apparently was a terrible choice on that basis.

There wasn't anything particularly wrong with the Monk appointment at the time given who was available. You could argue he did ok at Swansea, bottled it at the end with Leeds (but then again they've been doing that every year until this one), wasn't given enough time at Middlesborough with them in 9th after 20 odd games and then unlucky to have the season disrupted with Birmingham's points deduction.

Or you could argue he has a habit of starting well but not being able to carry it for a full season which you'd need to do if anything was to be achieved.

Either way, the appointment was made and whether people wanted him or not I think most got behind him. All of his past clubs are now an irrelevance to us, he needs to be judged on his performance here. And he's failed miserably on many levels so its time to go... managers just don't come back from the position he's in. Think he'll struggle to get another championship job after this one too because its another club where he's not managed to get a full seasons worth of performance out of it.

14 hours ago, room0035 said:

Looks to me like you are very pro Monk good luck to you.

Me personally I prefer Gary Rowett.

Monk played 44, won 14, drew 11, lost 19, points 53 from 132  that's 14 threes and 11 ones and 19 nones

Rowett played 35, won 15, drew 11, lost 9, points 56 from 105 that's 15 three, 11 ones and 9 nones.

So this season Rowett has more points than monk in 9 less games, if Rowett had been with us for 44 games he would have got 70 points or 17 points more than Monk which would have put us in the play offs in 5th or 6th on 73 points. But more importantly 25 points above the bottom 3 and even with a 21 points deduction we would still be in the championship at the worst next season if not fighting it out for promotion

but as you there is nothing between the two of them. 

What is this Rowett obsession? He is quite rightly considered in the same bracket as monk, merry go round championship manager who started off well and has a mixed CV. 

If Rowett has a stellar season next year and gets millwall top 8 then I will hold my hands up but those wanting us to pay compensation to get him in?......what are you smoking!? 

• Like 1

For me this is a simple thread.

one stand out candidate has never been sacked as a manager. He has a tremendous win percentage record in this league. He is an expert at coming in and getting results straight away after a manager has been sacked. And only this season his team were sitting top of the league after 4 games before he was cruelly deprived of the managers job.

we all want a bit of Bully !!

5 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

For me this is a simple thread.

one stand out candidate has never been sacked as a manager. He has a tremendous win percentage record in this league. He is an expert at coming in and getting results straight away after a manager has been sacked. And only this season his team were sitting top of the league after 4 games before he was cruelly deprived of the managers job.

we all want a bit of Bully !!

Were we actually top under Bullen before Monk took over. My memory is not so good. If so the means we can say monk took over a team top of the league and nearly got us relegated. 

25 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Were we actually top under Bullen before Monk took over. My memory is not so good. If so the means we can say monk took over a team top of the league and nearly got us relegated. 

I think some of the flak Bullen gets on here, is way over the top. Don’t underestimate what a tricky situation we were in when Bruce left, but Bullen calmed the situation, saw us through pre season, and had a win rate of 50% before handing over the reins to Monk. 
I’m not saying he is the answer to our managerial woes, but I don’t think he is the problem some make out. It would have been interesting to see how he would have dealt with that situation at Christmas

39 minutes ago, Plonk said:

We were top of the league after 4 games. 3 wins from 4 . Amazing to think sitting here now We were top!

We then messed around as usual and didn't commit to bullen, players and bully had no idea what was going on. Next match Moses chopped down 2 Preston players for 2 pens, we lost when we should have won, which did for bully and dc decided to get a new boss in.

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

We were top of the league after 4 games. 3 wins from 4 . Amazing to think sitting here now We were top!

We then messed around as usual and didn't commit to bullen, players and bully had no idea what was going on. Next match Moses chopped down 2 Preston players for 2 pens, we lost when we should have won, which did for bully and dc decided to get a new boss in.

We were 4th after 4 games. Leeds were top with 10 points.

We were top after 2 games after beating poor Reading and Barnsley sides

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

no he didnt ...... we were 11th when arrived