Liverpool

28 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I like Klopp but can’t stand Liverpool fans.

I used to like them as a kid with Owen, Fowler, Hypia, Gerrard etc. But now can’t stand them.

Find it brilliant they’re celebrating a League title and can’t be in the ground, have an open top parade or get hammered in pubs and bars. It’s fantastic.

Yep.

Between the fans and the media. Really do serve to put a blemish (lack of a better term) on a very, very good team and brilliant manager.

I get that last night's match was huge for Liverpool. But there was no need for BT Sports to remind us again and again and again about the fact they were winning the title.

Regardless of the team they would have mentioned it over and over again. As they did when Chelsea played Tottenham for Leicester to win the league. 

To be fair arguably the biggest club in England (or joint with Man Utd) have won the Premier League for the first time, it would be bizarre if the media didn't report on it like they are. 

• Like 1

I don’t like Liverpool. Some of their fans are awful and the media love-in is nauseating but they’ve played some fantastic football and they fully deserve their win. Klopp really has done an amazing job there. Credit where it’s due

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Russy said:

Regardless of the team they would have mentioned it over and over again. As they did when Chelsea played Tottenham for Leicester to win the league. 

To be fair arguably the biggest club in England (or joint with Man Utd) have won the Premier League for the first time, it would be bizarre if the media didn't report on it like they are. 

Darren Fletcher though...

I was almost impressed by his ability to contextualize everything about Liverpool.

Just now, edinburghowl said:

I don’t like Liverpool. Some of their fans are awful and the media love-in is nauseating but they’ve played some fantastic football and they fully deserve their win. Klopp really has done an amazing job there. Credit where it’s due

Wouldn't dispute any of this.

They are a great team, no doubts.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Brilliant team and fully deserved winners. The fans and the media love-in, though....

BBC football website has it's first 11 articles about them winning the league, and then another 2 further down.

Im bored of it already.

Saying that i was never excited.

Just now, FreshOwl said:

What’s this with the fans being nobs, is it a generational thing or something? I’ve never had any bad encounters with Liverpool fans, seem just like any other 

I’m probably a wee bit biased because one of my best mates is an Evertonian but I’ve come across some right bellends over the years that support Liverpool. To be fair you get those sorts at all clubs (including our own) but there seems to be a fair percentage with them. 

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

What’s this with the fans being nobs, is it a generational thing or something? I’ve never had any bad encounters with Liverpool fans, seem just like any other 

You get them at all clubs but I’ve met a few Liverpool fans who think they’re entitled to everything. But then I’ve met some sound Liverpool fans too.

I didn’t like how they stood by Suarez. But then again we can’t really talk because a lot of our fans stood by Forestieri. But at least we didn’t make banners and wear t shirts claiming his innocence. 

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

You get them at all clubs but I’ve met a few Liverpool fans who think they’re entitled to everything. But then I’ve met some sound Liverpool fans too.

I didn’t like how they stood by Suarez. But then again we can’t really talk because a lot of our fans stood by Forestieri. But at least we didn’t make banners and wear t shirts claiming his innocence. 

Had Wednesday stood by Di Cannio we may have been in a completely different place now. Genius attracts Genius !

44 minutes ago, Russy said:

As much as I don't like either of them, it isn't arguable that Liverpool are bigger than Man Utd as a club in this era. 

29 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

I’m probably a wee bit biased because one of my best mates is an Evertonian but I’ve come across some right bellends over the years that support Liverpool. To be fair you get those sorts at all clubs (including our own) but there seems to be a fair percentage with them. 

Same.

Most that I know are the plastic scouser types.

As i said earlier: I think with them a lot of it is over compensating. Many would struggle to know where Liverpool is, let alone visit Anfield. Accordingly, they ho overboard with their Liverpool fandom.

Of course, this isn't exclusive to Liverpool Fc.

It's just when you hear a bloke from the Peak District telling you how he doesn't support England, because Liverpool is it's own separate state or something.

Shut the flip up.

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

As much as I don't like either of them, it isn't arguable that Liverpool are bigger than Man Utd as a club in this era. 

Man U are and always will be the biggest club imo and I think that was even the case before Fergie came along.

For one theyve always seemed to have had a big fanbase outside of Manchester.

I'm pretty sure one of the reasons the resentment grew between the two sides was that United were still perceived as a big deal even when Liverpool were were dominating at home and abroad.

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1

Just now, SiJ said:

It's just when you hear a bloke from the Peak District telling you how he doesn't support England, because Liverpool is it's own separate state or something.

Just seems like when they did this for Yorkshire during the Olympics 

yorkshire-olympics-medal-table-7th-augus

35 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

If you are of a certain age then you grew up alongside Liverpool fans at school who have never set foot in Liverpool never mind Anfield. These 'fans' would belittle the fact that others were daft enough to support their home town club while they were perennial winners. Same fans who will now be saying 'they' are back where they belong having still not been to Anfield as many times as the Wednesday fans they grew up with. 

The behaviour of their fans denying us a place in Europe also didn't help matters.

They have played some fantastic football over the past couple of years and deserve the credit that winning the league brings but some plastic fans sense of self entitlement doesn't sit well.  

4 minutes ago, Russy said:

I didn't mention this era. 

Fair enough, you said arguably the biggest club in England - they aren't.

3 minutes ago, Russy said:

Just seems like when they did this for Yorkshire during the Olympics 

yorkshire-olympics-medal-table-7th-augus

Think that was more a sense of being proud of Yorkshire's achievements. Yorkshire folk often refer to our county as being the best in the land rather than a separate state.

Again sharing other people sentiments I've met good & bad scousers and it's usually the plastics that fall into the latter category.

One lad I worked with in Cas Vegas has been on the stadium tour and that's his lot, was sharing on Facebook recently that he'd stuck by them during the "hard times" and listed some bad results over the past 15 years and that he was still here to support them.

What a team that hasn't been relegated in 66 years and has won 16 trophies during the baron years between league titles inc 2 Champions Leagues

Let's be honest here plastic of a certain age would be Manchester United fans if they were born 10 years later.

• Like 1