Liverpool

Guest struckanerve
3 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If you are of a certain age then you grew up alongside Liverpool fans at school who have never set foot in Liverpool never mind Anfield. These 'fans' would belittle the fact that others were daft enough to support their home town club while they were perennial winners.

I grew up 10 miles outside Sheffield in Derbyshire. I'd guess 2/3 of my year group supported either Man Utd or Liverpool -- who had an interest in football. I can only remember one person who ever went to a home game at either club. If they did go to a match, it was an away match in Sheffield. When people look back at us getting 40k vs Utd and Liverpool, and thinking we could get that regular in the Premier, I don't think they take into account how many local supporters of Utd and Liverpool were in the home end.

Edited by struckanerve

I hated all the fuckers that supported Liverpool growing up. Loads of them near me in Derbyshire. Always got on at them for just picking the team that were the most successful. 

However, living in Liverpool you get to realise they are mostly pretty decent. Every fan base has cunts it’s just when your fan base is so much bigger around the country, and world like, Liverpool’s and Man U’s are then you probably run into plenty of the bad ones. 

My in-laws are all reds and they have mostly been desperate to win because they have been close but haven’t been able to get over the line. Their entitlement is usually that they think they should be challenging, not that they should be crowned champions before the season starts. 

They deserve the title and the accolades they have received because they are the best team in the league and the most exciting team to watch. They play at pace and are always looking to score. Possession football is pretty but as Chelsea showed last night having some serious pace and taking defenders on is much more exciting.

4 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

You get them at all clubs but I’ve met a few Liverpool fans who think they’re entitled to everything. But then I’ve met some sound Liverpool fans too.

I didn’t like how they stood by Suarez. But then again we can’t really talk because a lot of our fans stood by Forestieri. But at least we didn’t make banners and wear t shirts claiming his innocence. 

FF was found innocent in court, only the EFL thought different

4 hours ago, SiJ said:

As i said earlier: I think with them a lot of it is over compensating. Many would struggle to know where Liverpool is, let alone visit Anfield. Accordingly, they ho overboard with their Liverpool fandom.

I actually find this hilarious..I know a guy from Dover just like this...

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

don't know about that but he's certainly up there marco matias for the best teeth .

Liverpool were nothing five years ago. He’s completely transformed the club and given it purpose again. He’s turned average players into world class ones.

From five years ago to now where they’ll probably surpass 100pts and an incredible Man City team, not to mention the champions league etc - it’s probably the greatest achievement I’ve seen in English club football 

These players would go to war for Klopp if he asked them.

When he eventually retires he’ll be up there with Clough as one of the greatest of all time, I have absolutely no doubt 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Man Utd fans are so bitter they can’t handle it. I’m pretty sure we’d all be going stark mad after winning a trophy after 30 years. 

They’re even claiming that this is Liverpool’s only premier league title.

Yes, because of a name change all the previous wins don’t count 🤦‍♂️ 

Guest struckanerve
42 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Liverpool were nothing five years ago. He’s completely transformed the club and given it purpose again. He’s turned average players into world class ones.

From five years ago to now where they’ll probably surpass 100pts and an incredible Man City team, not to mention the champions league etc - it’s probably the greatest achievement I’ve seen in English club football 

When he eventually retires he’ll be up there with Clough as one of the greatest of all time, I have absolutely no doubt 

That is the thing with Liverpool FC, two of all time favourite managers are Shankly and Klopp, but Liverpool are easily the club I dislike the most, entirely due to their fans.

22 hours ago, Jim said:

They should’ve won it last season, getting 90odd points and still finishing 2nd, so glad for them that they’ve finally done it. I’m a big fan of Klopp since his Dortmund day’s. Always knew given time he would crack it at Anfield. Well done Jurgen and well done Liverpool.

Why should they have won it last season? City were phenomenal 

• Like 1

It's funny, reading through the comments in this thread. I don't know if it's because I've lived my whole life in the south of the country or not, but from my own experience I've met very few Liverpool fans in my life that are anything other than decent people. In my experience it's always been Man Utd fans who are the ones who lack any kind of humility or grace and who always feel they have a divine right to win.

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I couldn't give a flying feck if he's the best ever or a total car crash ..but his teeth are beyond reproach ,I doubt any manager as ever had a finer set 

Found this on Twitter.

🗒 STATEMENT 🗒

LFC condemns the tiny minority of our fans who behaved inappropriately in celebrating the club's Premier League title win.

Globally, everyone knows how well-behaved real Liverpool fans are. A little over exuberance should not tarnish this reputation.

Discuss.

• Haha 1

Through gritted teeth, congratulations to Liverpool. Whilst it is a sweeping statement, I can’t do with scousers.

But, I do think Klopp is a top guy and a special manager and he has built a great team. I don’t think anyone can doubt this.