Liverpool

2 hours ago, Jim said:

They should’ve won it last season, getting 90odd points and still finishing 2nd, so glad for them that they’ve finally done it. I’m a big fan of Klopp since his Dortmund day’s. Always knew given time he would crack it at Anfield. Well done Jurgen and well done Liverpool.

They shouldn't have won it last season, because Man City were better than them (just). A team who won the domestic treble.

This season though, no denying how brilliant they have been.

To have comeback after missing out like that is an incredible achievement. Testament to the players and the manager.

Guest The Horse

Can't stand em.

Glad that if they had to win it, they've done so in the most muted of celebrations.

Man City will win it again next year.

Klopp is only nice when he's winning.

He's a  C U Next Tuesday nasty sociopath egomaniac when it's not going his way.

He'll sod off again soon enough leaving them in the wilderness for another 30 years.

*** em, *** em and thrice... *** em.

By the way, I don't like Liverpool.

21 minutes ago, The Horse said:

Can't stand em.

Glad that if they had to win it, they've done so in the most muted of celebrations.

He'll sod off again soon enough leaving them in the wilderness for another 30 years.

I take it you're not a fan then?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, EXCALIBUR said:

Liverpool win title 

Cup gets dropped off at empty stadium 

Henderson waves cup around to plastic seats .Phil Thompson pokes his nose in it even though he's in London 

No open top bus parade allowed 

Tbf that is comedy gold

Wish people were laughing at us like that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can't deny that they're a fantastic team this season and deserve the title, but still can't stand em. Growing up every glory hunting kid supported em. Hated their team pre prem days and have loved them not getting a title until now. Yep, I'm bitter and childish but I don't care, its football, I don't have to be rational. Will be avoiding as much of the celebrations as possible, the way they'll go on about it this will be the only title that ever meant anything. Ever. 

• Like 2

In the alternate universe where we beat Hull, and go on to win the league for the first time since before my 88 year old father was born, celebrations are muted and restrained. Manly handshakes, perhaps a daring shoulder pat, and half a pint of best bitter before an early night.

Pleased for a couple of old friends from the city, although equally I would have been amused on their accounts had it gone the other way: so it goes.. Pleased above all for myself with £75 at 7/4 safely home, and a bottle of 2015 Troplong Mondot already purchased.

All that said, a team I admire more than like. They have taken a philosophy of football further than anyone else has done, and at present competing with that seems to be more of an arms race than inventing new approaches. When now you look at the 70s and 80s football it all seems so slow with so much space, but I am not sure it was a worse spectacle. An elegance has been lost.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

I might have missed them but I can't recall similar reactions from the media when Man City and Chelsea and Blackburn ended their own even longer waits to win the  league again.

It was a huge story when Man U broke their drought in 1993. A shorter drought than Liverpool's. It was reported less hysterically, but sports reporting has grown more hysterical over time. 

In general, Liverpool winning the league seems to have made quite a few of our fans rather unhappy. I can't for a moment understand why, but it is quite funny.

7 hours ago, The Horse said:

Can't stand em.

I reckon you once fell at Aintree............

8 hours ago, SiJ said:

They shouldn't have won it last season, because Man City were better than them (just). A team who won the domestic treble.

This season though, no denying how brilliant they have been.

To have comeback after missing out like that is an incredible achievement. Testament to the players and the manager.

Yes, Manchester City were better. Point I was trying to make is that the points total they amassed would most seasons have won them the title but as you say to bounce back like they have is a tremendous achievement. I hope they can put 100 points on the board?

1 hour ago, thewookieisdown said:

It was a huge story when Man U broke their drought in 1993. A shorter drought than Liverpool's. It was reported less hysterically, but sports reporting has grown more hysterical over time. 

In general, Liverpool winning the league seems to have made quite a few of our fans rather unhappy. I can't for a moment understand why, but it is quite funny.

They're an excellent team. For the most part, a pretty likeable one too.

The manager screams passive aggressive to me, but hes still great.

The fans though...

If they're plastic Scousers, then they have to over compensate for that fact, knowing they are a bit of a joke. If they are an actual scouser then theres the chip on shoulder/sense of self entitlement.

The ridiculous media love in doesn't help them. 

• Like 4

I like Klopp but can’t stand Liverpool fans.

I used to like them as a kid with Owen, Fowler, Hypia, Gerrard etc. But now can’t stand them.

Find it brilliant they’re celebrating a League title and can’t be in the ground, have an open top parade or get hammered in pubs and bars. It’s fantastic.

• Like 1