BREAKING NEWS - Sheffield Wednesday staff member tests positive.

5 hours ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

There extending the Northern General

The Almen Abdi wing is due to open in September 2018.

:Chansiri:

It should be at the local veterinary hospital because the wing is bound to be broken!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Hope they make a full ,swift recovery. No way should the season be restarting. The EFL need to take their head out of the premier leagues arse and cancel the rest of this season .

The government should have taken the decision away by banning all sporting events for the foreseeable.

However this government are likewise motivated by money over peoples lives and have tried to pursue a policy of herd immunity.

Its an absolute disgrace. 

8 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

The government should have taken the decision away by banning all sporting events for the foreseeable.

However this government are likewise motivated by money over peoples lives and have tried to pursue a policy of herd immunity.

Its an absolute disgrace. 

I agree that the season should not restart yet. However not sure you can say the government are doing this for the money, no fan of a tory government but they have financially supported 8 _ 12 m people by paying the wages and self employed..this has cost billions and football is nothing compared to it. Isn't it more likely to do with PL EFL and their partners ie gambling, TV etc etc and possible refunds. Just an opinion mind.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

I agree that the season should not restart yet. However not sure you can say the government are doing this for the money, no fan of a tory government but they have financially supported 8 _ 12 m people by paying the wages and self employed..this has cost billions and football is nothing compared to it. Isn't it more likely to do with PL EFL and their partners ie gambling, TV etc etc and possible refunds. Just an opinion mind.

Economy first people second.The lock down should have happened sooner and they are already culpable of ignoring scientific advice costing thousands of lives that should never have been lost.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Asio otus said:

Economy first people second.The lock down should have happened sooner and they are already culpable of ignoring scientific advice costing thousands of lives that should never have been lost.

Obviously not an expert myself but the the scientific advisors we see on the TV look to be doing the right things and their advice is being followed. Think the bigger issue is some people not following the rules from day 1. Anyway guess this subject is for a different forum.

2 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

And the good will is repaid by ignoring distancing rules (might as well have gone to work anyway) to go out and leave takeaway boxes and other rubbish at various beauty spots around the country. 

well done 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

Obviously not an expert myself but the the scientific advisors we see on the TV look to be doing the right things and their advice is being followed. Think the bigger issue is some people not following the rules from day 1. Anyway guess this subject is for a different forum.

I think if you check it out the scientists were ignored , see https://www.channel4.com/programmes/coronavirus-did-the-government-get-it-wrong

31 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

I think if you check it out the scientists were ignored , see https://www.channel4.com/programmes/coronavirus-did-the-government-get-it-wrong

I'm not sure that's true. Vallance and Whitty had no problem with Cheltenham and Liverpool v Atletico going ahead, which caused huge local outbreaks. I think people are too quick to blame the government for everything that has gone wrong with this.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/cheltenham-news/what-sage-knew-coronavirus-large-4177759

At the meeting 14 scientific experts, including the Government’s Chief Scientific Advisor Patrick Vallance and Chief Medical Officer Chris Whitty, decided that there was ‘no evidence’ to stop large gatherings.

The minutes of the meeting read: “SAGE agreed there is no evidence to suggest that banning very large gatherings would reduce transmission.

“Preventing all social interaction in public spaces, including restaurants and bars, would have an effect, but would be very difficult to implement.”

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Carbone said:

I'm not sure that's true. Vallance and Whitty had no problem with Cheltenham and Liverpool v Atletico going ahead, which caused huge local outbreaks. I think people are too quick to blame the government for everything that has gone wrong with this.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/cheltenham-news/what-sage-knew-coronavirus-large-4177759

At the meeting 14 scientific experts, including the Government’s Chief Scientific Advisor Patrick Vallance and Chief Medical Officer Chris Whitty, decided that there was ‘no evidence’ to stop large gatherings.

The minutes of the meeting read: “SAGE agreed there is no evidence to suggest that banning very large gatherings would reduce transmission.

“Preventing all social interaction in public spaces, including restaurants and bars, would have an effect, but would be very difficult to implement.”

Think you need to consider why government advisors where at these meetings. The government have made a mess of it all, that's a fact not a debate. 

11 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Think you need to consider why government advisors where at these meetings. The government have made a mess of it all, that's a fact not a debate. 

So the scientists stand up on tv every day and tell lies do they.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Think you need to consider why government advisors where at these meetings. The government have made a mess of it all, that's a fact not a debate

It's actually a debate, that is why people are discussing/debating it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

It's actually a debate, that is why people are discussing/debating it.

I think the debate will go on for years...

Some country have do e better than others, Germany did well, but they have one advantage a population who are very good at following rules. In the UK some just don't listen. We are a crowded country which didn't help. Greece did well went early but hundreds of islands helps with quarantine.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

I think the debate will go on for years...

Some country have do e better than others, Germany did well, but they have one advantage a population who are very good at following rules. In the UK some just don't listen. We are a crowded country which didn't help. Greece did well went early but hundreds of islands helps with quarantine.

Exactly my thoughts. 

With all this it is too easy to blame the government. Yep, lockdown should have happened sooner, but significant parts of the population have not properly followed it, I'd like to see some accountability on them rather than saying it's all Boris' fault. 

• Like 1

For what it’s worth I’d hate to be amongst those making the big decisions. I heard today that the national debt will soon equate to £80,000 per UK household. We’re leaving one hell of a mess for future generations to sort out.  Yes the Government no doubt have made mistakes (in hindsight), but they are having to walk a tightrope of prioritising public health versus opening up the economy. 

I also agree that many in the wider population haven’t looked to follow the rules and on the main I don’t believe the police have been asked to enforce as aggressively as other countries. Hopefully we won’t have to go through this again, but if we do let’s hope we’ve learned from our mistakes. 

• Like 2