Barnsley amongst clubs threatening to sue EFL if we arent relegated

Guest Grandad

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, royalowlisback said:

Do you know what, I never thought of Mustard powder, you Sir, are a culinary genius. Have the extra 1/10 onto the rating.

At the weekends I allow myself some grated mature cheddar too

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

So there wasn't a valuation?

if that was the case - why didn't Chansiri buy Hillsborough for £500million - fixing our FFP issues and providing every penny he needs to get us promoted?

I could have been more concise - if the banks aren't involved there will be no valuation by a representative of mentioned bank. I'm certain that a valuation will have been done by an independent 3rd party to meet the mandatory requirements.

Guest Grandad
Just now, soldierboyblue said:

I could have been more concise - if the banks aren't involved there will be no valuation by a representative of mentioned bank. I'm certain that a valuation will have been done by an independent 3rd party to meet the mandatory requirements.

So if a valuation was done by an independent 3rd party - how then can we pay anything we like to make it worth anything that someone is prepared to pay?

4 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Anyone else sick of all this and genuinely losing interest in everything football/Sheffield Wednesday related ?  Or is it just reading this forum that’s depressing me 

Sadly yes. After years of dismissing the kids and Mrs wanting a dog I'm slowly coming around to the idea in place of football. (I know you can have both but I haven't missed football one bit)

6 minutes ago, Grandad said:

So if a valuation was done by an independent 3rd party - how then can we pay anything we like to make it worth anything that someone is prepared to pay?

The ground is in Hillsborough a run down area of Sheffield not Dore or a more affluent area.

So say the land and buildings are worth £60m is a fetch, but the fact that was the price that was needed, to make sure the club just avoided breaking the FFP limits makes it look even fishier. 

Simple question if the valuation was done by a third party they have their own integrity to adhere to, if they have done anything wrong they should be brought against their governing body and I have not heard of anything in the press to this stance.

The problem for the EFL is the accounts were accepted by Co House, the tax computation were accepted by inland revenue, the correct documents were filed with the governing bodies and the valuation appears to have been sign off by the EFL prior to any of the documents being file. The issues seems to have been around the timing of the events.

The query I have is all teams in the division have to file accounts with the EFL by the end of March each season or breach the rules, so why did the club extend their filing date last year. This suggest they made changes to their figures and the EFL may not signed of the final figures. Or this could just be conjecture.

Either way I think for charges to be brought in November, to still be sat here nearly 6 months later and no nearer to a decision is not acceptable. This need finalising one way or the other before we kick another ball this season. If we get a points deduction we then have 9 games to avoid relegation if we can. It cannot be left until the end of the season if any punishment affects this season. 

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, room0035 said:

The ground is in Hillsborough a run down area of Sheffield not Dore or a more affluent area.

So say the land and buildings are worth £60m is a fetch, but the fact that was the price that was needed, to make sure the club just avoided breaking the FFP limits makes it look even fishier. 

Simple question if the valuation was done by a third party they have their own integrity to adhere to, if they have done anything wrong they should be brought against their governing body and I have not heard of anything in the press to this stance.

The problem for the EFL is the accounts were accepted by Co House, the tax computation were accepted by inland revenue, the correct documents were filed with the governing bodies and the valuation appears to have been sign off by the EFL prior to any of the documents being file. The issues seems to have been around the timing of the events.

The query I have is all teams in the division have to file accounts with the EFL by the end of March each season or breach the rules, so why did the club extend their filing date last year. This suggest they made changes to their figures and the EFL may not signed of the final figures. Or this could just be conjecture.

Either way I think for charges to be brought in November, to still be sat here nearly 6 months later and no nearer to a decision is not acceptable. This need finalising one way or the other before we kick another ball this season. If we get a points deduction we then have 9 games to avoid relegation if we can. It cannot be left until the end of the season if any punishment affects this season. 

Wasn't the delay down to us insisting on arbritation?

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

The query I have is all teams in the division have to file accounts with the EFL by the end of March each season or breach the rules, so why did the club extend their filing date last year. This suggest they made changes to their figures and the EFL may not sign of the final figures. Or this could just be conjecture.

Either way I think for charges to be brought in November, to still be sat here nearly 6 months later and no nearer to a decision is not acceptable. This needs finalising one way or the other before we kick another ball this season. If we get a points deduction we then have 9 games to avoid relegation if we can. It cannot be left until the end of the season if any punishment affects this season. 

I would think that would be the basis of any appeal we would make that if we are given a points deduction this season we would have the ability to get those points back through playing games. if not they would be effectively relegating us as a punishment.

Edited by darra

On 20/05/2020 at 10:09, Grandad said:

Yeah I can fully imagine Nancy Frostrick making up that statement for her article and not retaining any proof that a club owner had said it.

The article is factual....Her f.ookin' name is made up though....nullifies the whole thing...

signed ...

Roderick Icetickle...

I'm just sick of the whole business at the moment and am seriously hoping the current crisis bankrupts the entire game so that we can all start again from scratch on a reasonably level playing field.nThe whole slew of financial problems within the game has been caused by the greed of the EPL clubs (which as a founder member includes us).

Chickens finally coming home to roost.

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

The stadium worth £60 million tho...

How much was it worth when MM sold it to Chansiri?

Given he paid £35m for the club and stadium?

6 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Given he paid £35m for the club and stadium?

The TV..FFS!..it must be worth a reight wad....err..Desso...painted the turnstiles.....2 golden elephants ...(presume its REAL gold)

The bridge over to the South..painted an' still a bridge....errr....'ang on...theres some more...The TV.....bridge..elephants...grass...ummm..the ramp up the eastbank has changed a lot...its less ummm "rampy" in my opinion...and stacks of other stuff....

The TV..................

Edited by asteener1867
  • Haha 1

Guest Grandad

I'd imagine the independent valuation won't have changed 3 fold (in an upwards direction) from this statement in our 2017 accounts.

Screenshot_20200521-185224_Dropbox.jpg

Just now, Whitecap Owl said:

Don't forget we put in a shiny new scoreboard and a new pitch........  must be what made up the difference?

EXACTLY..Its f.ookin' "Shiny"...The grass is exceptionally ..err "Grassy"..what the f.ook do folk want?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

The TV..FFS!..it must be worth a reight wad....err..Desso...painted the turnstiles.....2 golden elephants ...(presume its REAL gold)

The bridge over to the South..painted an' still a bridge....errr....'ang on...theres some more...The TV.....bridge..elephants...grass...ummm..the ramp up the eastbank has changed a lot...its less ummm "rampy" in my opinion...and stacks of other stuff....

The TV..................

beat me to it...  forgot about the golden elephant...