Barnsley amongst clubs threatening to sue EFL if we arent relegated

Guest Grandad

Does anyone actually see this charge being concluded this season? Like others have pointed out whoever loses will appeal unless it suits both parties. The only way I see it suiting is either:

- EFL hitting us with a massive fine spread over multiple years. 

- EFL deduct us up to 9 points that would still give us a fighting chance

Anything more extreme than that will be challenged by the club and the appeal will no doubt roll on for many more months.

Of course we may still win the case.

3 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Just thought of another one Kieren Maguire:duntmatter:article

That's another example of an article (bad press) 

I'm looking for one example from our friend in this thread that can demonstrate exactly how this bad press has impacted Wednesday

Reduced ticket sales?

Players not coming?
Business refusing to do deals with us?

Anything basically...

Just one example to prove that he's not just said 'Wednesday's brand has definitely been damaged by bad press' and made it all up in his head.

I just want education and to learn, but am not willing to believe people if they can't back up what they're saying with truth or examples we can see

You'll know from all the time we've debated on here that I'm the first to hold my hands up and say 'yeah you're right actually' if I'm wrong about something. I am here to learn.

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Oh dear...

You do realise everyone else can read this thread right?

lol

Here's how it's gone so far

1) Man 1 makes statement on forum about how SWFC's brand has been damaged by recent press

2) Man 2 says 'really? I've not seen that. Can you show me an example?'

3) Man 1 then coughs, splutters, collapses into a messy puddle and repeatedly posts designed entirely to distract from the fact he can't give a single solitary example to show hes' not chatting absolute sheeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiite

That's it in a nutshell

Every post you've made since point number one has been point number 3 on repeat.

Address point number 2 and we can then close this nonsense off and move on

lol

Actually point 3 should read man 2...Your description of yourself and your inability to prove the contrary is a little unfair on yourself, but hey ho you are good at distracting 

Point no. 2 was answered in the previous post.....the quotes

2 minutes ago, wmb said:

Does anyone actually see this charge being concluded this season? Like others have pointed out whoever loses will appeal unless it suits both parties. The only way I see it suiting is either:

- EFL hitting us with a massive fine spread over multiple years. 

- EFL deduct us up to 9 points that would still give us a fighting chance

Anything more extreme than that will be challenged by the club and the appeal will no doubt roll on for many more months.

Of course we may still win the case.

Or the season may not be completed and contributing fixtures to the league may be up to the half way point and we are promoted !

1 minute ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Actually point 3 should read man 2...Your description of yourself and your inability to prove the contrary is a little unfair on yourself, but hey ho you are good at distracting 

Point no. 2 was answered in the previous post.....the quotes

Still waiting mate...

So far you've delivered nothing but bluster

lol

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

That is a good question and you could argue that any press is good press, but in the current world I work in I know how damaging conjecture can be and my firm is the victim of it's fair share of it

Which is my point, in the current world it is very easy to damage your company, post covid there will be some real losers for every Joe Wickes

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Still waiting mate...

So far you've delivered nothing but bluster

lol

Decisions, decisions now.....is it worth continuing a debate with someone who doesn't listen and continues to say that I have provided no answers, when in fact the article provides the answers.....but at the same time cannot provide evidence of this not being the case

I am giving up now to go sit in the sun

I can safely announce that you’ve been stunned out and shown to have just stated something with ZERO to back it up

Go get yourself in the sunshine and have a relaxing afternoon instead of this nonsense 👍

Owlstalk Shop

Lots of talk about suing, but less clear what the prospects for successful actions are.

The decisions in the end are for the league to take. The court will be most reluctant to get into how good those decisions were. 

But very interesting to see such hostility expressed towards Chansiri. I hadn't known about that

7 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

whole thing is a shambles

Birmingham got 9 points deduction

QPR got a 10m fine paid over 10 years and a 1 window transfer ban for massively exceeding the limit

if Villa are relegated nothing will happen to them. Bournemouth flouted the rules to get promoted, nothing happened to them. Leicester went bust to clear the decks got promoted and nothing happened to them

Add into that wolves buying the league when, arguably, if we had added one or two players we would have gone up automatically. 

1 hour ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

If we have broke the rules we should be punished ,Birmingham got a 9 points deduction ,We should get the same no more ,No less.

But we may be hit twice - once for breaching FFP fuels and once for misconduct for coming up with a ruse to pretend we hadn't breached FFP rules. They're the charges - I'm not saying we're guilty, I'm saying if we are found guilty. 

The potential penalties are many and diverse - from a fine or transfer embargo to a lot of points - there was talk of up to 21 points - or automatic relegation.