Barnsley amongst clubs threatening to sue EFL if we arent relegated

Guest Grandad

18 minutes ago, Grandad said:

My bad

I just thought you were using a statement to have (another totally predictable) dig

Contradiction and confrontation in a good natured way comes a lot easier when sharing a coffee. May suggest that, if I make it through lockdown lol

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

Just now, trev said:

That's pretty effing horrific.

Nope - again not valid

I'm talking about specific examples of how this EFL press has damaged SWFC brand

I just want to see one specific example of where our brand has been damaged from it.

Just one

Someone somewhere must know ONE example to show that it's not just being something that's spouted with no facts behind it?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm talking specifically about the current situation that has been posted about

Bad press about this current EFL action etc

Well non that is in the public domain - but unless you are privvy to the workings within football non are likely to come to light. 

Chansiri is thought of as a hard man to deal with and I have been told this by the finance director at Leeds. He tends to do most if not all of the negotiating with regards to the financial decisions at the club and he is a hard nosed when conducting these deals 

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Contradiction and confrontation in a good natured way comes a lot easier when sharing a coffee. May suggest that, if I make it through lockdown lol

Another clear the air coffee??

You're bleeding buying this time (and don't be pretending to have forgotten your wallet again :rolleyes: )

Bloody Yorkshiremen. We're all the same

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

Well non that is in the public domain

But we're being told that the brand has been damaged?

How can that be a statement to be believed if there's no factual evidence to support it?

If nothing's in the public domain then what evidence does ANYONE have to say the brand has been damaged?

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So let's use YOUR logic here

You haven't seen any commercially sensitive data, you've not seen the Owls balance sheet of Covid 19 OR the workings of Monk's contract

So how can you POSSIBLY say that Wednesday have been damaged by bad press?

You can't give a single, solitary example to show all the readers of this thread 

So with that in mind let me just warn you that people will probably make their mind up that you have just totally just made this 'damage' thing up.

Simple way to show you are right, accurate and not making any of this up is to simply say 'yeah mate here you are' and post ONE specific example of where this damage has hit our club.

Which bit of brand not solely being all about commercial contracts is one of us missing here.... perception and reputation are pillars of a brand

If you don't believe that there is any impact fine, but equally you have no evidence of this

1 minute ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Which bit of brand not solely being all about commercial contracts is one of us missing here.... perception and reputation are pillars of a brand

If you don't believe that there is any impact fine, but equally you have no evidence of this

Still waiting...

NOTHING so far mate...

Nothing....

I've not asked for anything tricky for you if your statement is factual

Owlstalk Shop

Nope - again not valid

I'm talking about specific examples of how this EFL press has damaged SWFC brand

I just want to see one specific example of where our brand has been damaged from it.

Just one

Someone somewhere must know ONE example to show that it's not just being something that's spouted with no facts behind it?

I don't even know why I'm trying.

I don't actually think the brand has been damaged.

Our brand was pretty low stock to begin with.

Much bigger brands have had far worse accusations thrown at them and brushed it off.

1 minute ago, trev said:

I don't actually think the brand has been damaged.

Serious question mate - have you seen anything to say that is has?

I haven't

I've been told it has in this thread so asked for just ONE example of how 

Nothing so far

Nothing but some bluster and nonsense replies trying to skirt around the request for an example

Owlstalk Shop

Still waiting...

NOTHING so far mate...

Nothing....

I've not asked for anything tricky for you if your statement is factual

Ermmmmm... maybe the quotes in the original press article are specific examples of how we are perceived so how the SWFC brand is being damaged

Still waiting for your specifics to the contrary btw

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Serious question mate - have you seen anything to say that is has?

I haven't

I've been told it has in this thread so asked for just ONE example of how 

Nothing so far

Nothing but some bluster and nonsense replies trying to skirt around the request for an example

Nah.

Not yet.

Maybe after the court case though?

Depends what happens I suppose.

2 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Ermmmmm... maybe the quotes in the original press article are specific examples of how we are perceived so how the SWFC brand is being damaged

Nope that's not what I asked for mate

I asked for a specific example to prove that the brand has been damaged 

Keep trying

So far...

NOTHING

Come on.. I'm not asking for anything difficult for you if what you're saying is a fact?

I'll wait.....

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Nope that's not what I asked for mate

I asked for a specific example to prove that the brand has been damaged 

Keep trying

So far...

NOTHING

I'll wait.....

Actually it is..... doesn't matter what you ask for, the evidence is the quotes, 

Still waiting for your examples to prove the contrary

NOTHING

I WILL WAIT

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

But we're being told that the brand has been damaged?

How can that be a statement to be believed if there's no factual evidence to support it?

If nothing's in the public domain then what evidence does ANYONE have to say the brand has been damaged?

That is a good question and you could argue that any press is good press, but in the current world I work in I know how damaging conjecture can be and my firm is the victim of it's fair share of it

1 minute ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Actually it is..... doesn't matter what you ask for, the evidence is the quotes, 

Still waiting for your examples to prove the contrary

NOTHING

I WILL WAIT

Oh dear...

You do realise everyone else can read this thread right?

lol

Here's how it's gone so far

1) Man 1 makes statement on forum about how SWFC's brand has been damaged by recent press

2) Man 2 says 'really? I've not seen that. Can you show me an example?'

3) Man 1 then coughs, splutters, collapses into a messy puddle and repeatedly posts designed entirely to distract from the fact he can't give a single solitary example to show hes' not chatting absolute sheeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiite

That's it in a nutshell

Every post you've made since point number one has been point number 3 on repeat.

Address point number 2 and we can then close this nonsense off and move on

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

That is a good question and you could argue that any press is good press, but in the current world I work in I know how damaging conjecture can be and my firm is the victim of it's fair share of it

That's because you'll have experienced real life scenarios 

I bet you could point to those examples if it was appropriate to do so 

But in this thread someone's come along and claimed as fact that SWFC's brand has been damaged

I'm neutral on it.

I've not seen any damage, have no examples I can think of or point to to say it has, so I've asked the lad posting it as fact to educate me so we can all learn and go 'ah yeah I see what you mean mate'

That's it pretty much

Instead of him going 'yeah mate wednesday's been damaged. for example ... xxxxxxxxxx example' he's blustering and wobbling all over the shop

lol

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, trev said:

Nah.

Not yet.

Maybe after the court case though?

Depends what happens I suppose.

EFL may have a case to answer from our three operating execs from the time of the original charges for damage to reputation and hurt personal feelings. But that would be civil.